The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilderness

2 posters

Go down

Wilderness Empty Wilderness

Post by Skye Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:39 am

Thrown to the winds of the great unknown, to the mighty blue expanse
Beneath the stars, and the glowing moon, to and fro we danced

Home is where ya hang your hat, so hang your hat with ours
And raise a cold one with us, raise a cold one to the stars

So here we are, the lot of us, sailin’ cross the great unknown
But we’ve hung our hats together; so here’s to the Avalon!

An expedition into uncharted waters brings a motley crew and their fleet into trouble with a formidable foe, once thought to be only the stuff of legend.

These are the voyages of the Jaybird, the Guinevere, and the U.S.S. Avalon.

Captain Eris Morgan, Captain Cassandra Farren, and Doctor Elizabeth Ancelet written by @Skye.

Adonis written by @Checkmate.

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Checkmate liked this post

Back to top Go down

Wilderness Empty Re: Wilderness

Post by Checkmate Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:09 pm

( EEE EHE LES GO )

The sun was warm and high, blazing down and cruel on land walkers. But it didn’t matter much to the ones who dwelled under the ocean.

Adonis slithered through the cold dark depths, her skin was pale and touched with a hint of blue. She was long and tall, at least 6 feet. Her brunette hair her green eyes glowed against the dark waters as she scouted her territory, her part of the ocean. Her abs rippled nicely as her hips swayed smoothly with precision, her tail beating against the waters, propelling her foreword.

She had battle scars here and there too. Some from past quarrels and fights. She had rigid back spines that were poised and ready to strike. Her tail had beautiful blue glowing patterns, her giant tail fins fluttered softly behind her.

But the fins…hid a deadly weapon. One that came in handy if her claw like nails failed or her poison filled fangs didn’t work. A bone like dart to cause pain could sprout from her tail tip. She was a force to be reckoned with.

Adonis kept swimming through her side of the sea. Her sharp features looking forward.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:41 am

( waa i finally got around to replying, had to figure out where to put them ;v; )

Thankfully the sun didn't affect the high-ranking officers on the U.S.S. Avalon. At least not as much as it would be if they were outside.

The sun's warm rays streamed in through the windows of the lush, well-decorated captain's quarters, spilling over the map table, across the oriental rug on the floor, before finally trickling over the disheveled burgundy covers of a four-poster bed and onto the fair, scarred face of Captain Eris Morgan.

This was not her ship. Nor did it belong to the dashing, dark-haired privateer in bed with her.

It belonged to the redheaded doctor that lay between them, comfortably tangled in their muscular limbs.

Eris stirred, the warmth of the sunlight gently rousing her like a good-morning kiss.

She let out a soft sigh, eyes fluttering open as she came to. She carefully pulled back from the function and stretched before breathing a soft sigh. She combed a hand through her long, ash-blonde hair which had been shaved on one side. She'd sustained a head wound many years ago and had to shave the hair down to treat it, and she got attached to the look. The pinkish scar was still visible-- just above her right ear. A wolf's tooth dangled from her right earlobe, a prize she'd ripped right from the mouth of the beast.

Her body bore several tattoos, one down her arm and another on her stomach, as well as a couple other designs that only saw the sunlight in times like these, when all her rugged pirates' garb had been blithely tossed aside, all for a night of drinking and the passion that followed.

The privateer captain, Cassandra Farren, was next to come around. Her well-tanned skin and sleek, toned features gleamed in the warm light, her dark hair cascading over the sheets. Her sharp, ocean-grey eyes flicked open briefly before falling shut again. She slowly reoriented her body so that she laid in a more comfortable position, trying not to wake the third member of their party.

The one in question, doctor Elizabeth Ancelet, was not only blindingly intelligent, but remarkably stunning also. Famously so. Her short auburn hair, pale skin, and wine-red lips had stolen the hearts of even those who swore they couldn't be swayed by the charm of a woman.

Her vibrant green eyes remained closed for now, her bare chest rising and falling as she continued to slumber.

She was the chief officer in charge of an expedition, the fleet consisting of several ships from multiple different nations. The fleet's flagship, the U.S.S. Avalon, was a French carrack that her father, Sadavar Edric, had commissioned. He had decided to retire instead of choosing to join his daughter on the expedition-- a decision neither of them minded. They did miss each other, though.

Captain Farren, the privateer, once served in the Royal Navy. The current fleet admiral was her father, Darius Farren, whom she'd cut ties with after a tragic friendly-fire accident following a horrific battle out on the waves. She'd left the Navy in order to start a new life, and she viewed her privateering career as the perfect solution. She'd been hired as a tactical advisor and "first mate" for the director. Her ship was a stealthy, sleek corvette known to the high seas as the Guinevere, an experimental Navy ship that had been tossed out when the war started. Given their scarcity, resources were instead directed to more standard warships.

Eris was a pirate, an infamous one at that. She hailed from an exotic, lawless country down-under, and had an accent to match. Her last partner had fought against the Navy and she hadn't heard from him since the war ended. He'd fathered her first child, but she had adopted a second not long after. Both of them worked aboard her ship, the Jaybird-- a family business, so to speak.

She'd been hired as both a navigator and a pirate deterrant. Between herself and Captain Farren, nobody would be able to land a single hit on the Avalon. And neither would they be laying a finger on the Director.

A knock on the door jolted Eris out of her morning-after daze.

"Ma'am?" called a soft, masculine voice. Eris recognised him-- Jasper Ravi, the second lieutenant. An Englishman. "We have the results of the latest surveys; I thought you'd appreciate glancing over them."

Eris grimaced, glanced at the sleeping director, and then debated whether or not she should sprint into the nearest closet.

Cass tensed at the sudden intrusion, then called out to him. "We'll... we'll get back to you, Ravi, Elizabeth and I are reviewing... paperwork."

Eris gave her a look that challenged her alibi.

"...Very well, Captain. If you could update me... that would be appreciated," the lieutenant sighed, leaving.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:12 am

( Ye is all good Dw and aww the bebes. )

Adonis kept swimming, her tail swaying elegantly through the dark waters. Her tail fin had a huge bite mark out of it, it was from a shark attack. Those creatures were still threats even to siren folk. Her scars, some on her face and right arm belonged to pirate attacks, the ones on her face belonged to the pirate who killed her family. He initiated that attack.

But the one in her arm, was from before, she hunted down pirates previously before that. She initiated that one. Previously….before her parents were murdered.

They got her into an arranged marriage. He was a good looking fellow….but she felt nothing towards him. It just left her feeling bitter and alone. The ring was seen on her middle finger on her right hand. That bitterness….left her cold, it helped shaped her to who she is today. She felt..emotionally distant. But she could still feel.

Adonis’s mind drifted to her ‘ husband ‘ only to have her face fall and for her to scoff. She shook her head and kept swimming. Her eyes harsher now.

Then—the area around her grew dark as night. Too dark.

Adonis’s muscles tensed with anger causing her to jerk her head up. Her eyes narrowed and she hissed. Her back spines vibrating with rage as they released a slight hum. Her pupils shrunk.

Pirates.

And in her territory none the less. Adonis hissed and in a flash she swam up to the surface , eventually poking her head out of the water and giving the Avalon ship a death glare. Planning a coarse of attack.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:46 pm

( ee thank, i'm incredibly proud of that post ;v; )

All three of the commanding officers now stood on deck: Farren in her regal longcoat and breeches with her post-captain's sword at her side, Elizabeth in a fine red suitcoat and white blouse, and Eris in her scrappy, earth-toned garb that swayed in the breeze.

Lieutenant Ravi chatted with Elizabeth, explaining the scout ships' latest findings and handing off the research to her.

Eris tipped her hat to the lieutenant as she passed, earning a confused look from him.

No-one was aware of the fact all three of the officers had been having relations, despite Eris's and Cass's many excursions to Elizabeth's quarters.

Cass stared out at the horizon with a cup of tea in her hand, lost in thought.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:53 am

( you should be! ^^ )

Adonis saw one person over the edge of at that ship, she saw the dark gray hair and her eyes narrowed. Her back spines vibrating.

One was enough.

Then, she submerged a bit. Hiding herself from view. Her eyes glowed a yellow green and she began her hypnotizing sirens song.

“ Upon one summer's morning, I carefully did stray
Down by the Walls of Wapping, where I met a sailor gay
Conversing with a bouncing lass, who seemed to be in pain
Saying William, when you go, I fear you will never return again
My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing can console me
But my jolly sailor bold “

She sang, her voice was heavily British and there was a hypnotic ethereal tune to it as her voice seemed to be heard everywhere all at once.

The attack had begun.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:08 pm

( ee thank ^^ )

Eris soon joined her lover by the railing, gazing out at the water as the sound floated through the air.

"Hear that?" she whispered, going stiff. Because of her lengthy history as a pirate, she'd seen the dangers of sirens firsthand.

Cass lowered her tea cup and furrowed her brow. The melody was beautiful-- she couldn't deny that.

"Is that you, Captain Morgan?" Ravi called as he turned to look at the pirate.

Eris did love to sing, and often did so right on the deck along with her children sometimes. The three Morgans were all skilled musicians.

"Not this time, mate," Eris muttered, eyes widening.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:38 pm

( Ye! AND NEHEHE but also aww the Bebe )

Adonis kept singing, she knew the members of the ship heard her by now.

Cmon damn it—-

She was growing a tad impatient already. She wanted to decapitate these people already.

” His hair it hangs in ringlets, his eyes as black as coal
My happiness attend him wherever he may go
From Tower Hill to Blackwall, I'll wander, weep and moan
All for my jolly sailor, until he sails home
But my jolly sailor bold “

She sang, she started circling the ship like a hungry shark. Her eyes sharp.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:40 pm

( ee ty, they bebes )

The crew of the ship went quiet, staring out at the water with wide, worried eyes.

Most of them were curious, especially the naval officers-- they hadn't heard anything like it.

Eris clenched her fists and despite the magical tone of the siren's voice, she pulled her hat down over her ears, elbowed Cass, then marched up to the nearest cannonsmaster.

"Bogey off the port side," she announced. "Just fire a couple shots to scare 'em off."

Elizabeth blinked. "...a ship?"

"No. Keep away from the railing, and don't try looking for her," Eris warned. "You too, lieutenant."

"Uh... v-very well. Of course, ma'am."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:37 pm

( NEHEHEHE I LOVE THAT POST )

Adonis took notice, the air felt tense….she braced herself for impact. She hissed and swam underneath the ship.

And stayed there.

She wouldn’t show herself unless need be. She’d had experience, ships were vulnerable in one spot…the underbelly..as were most animals.

She remained underneath the ship and gave it a death glare. This area of the water felt colder….way colder. But she could manage.

Just a little longer…somebody—-she had to get somebody.

My name it is Maria, a merchant's daughter fair
And I have left my parents and three thousand pounds a year
Come all you pretty fair maids, whoever you may be
Who love a jolly sailor that ploughs the raging sea
While up aloft in storm, from me his absence mourn
And firmly pray, arrive the day, he's never more to roam
But my jolly sailor bold

She sang, trying to use her hypnotic voice more. Desperate to lure someone in—anyone.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:43 pm

( side note, unless she is literally the size of the kraken she probably will not be able to land more than a few scrapes on the hull of that ship, it's a big'n ;v; )

"Inform the crew to stay away from the--" Cass shouted. A loud crack cut her off as someone fired one of the cannons.

Everyone on deck flinched at the sound, since they'd been distracted by the singing.

"That should do it," Eris yelled, stepping away from the weapon. "We should be fine, just don't let anyone near the railing!"

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum