The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tron City (Main RP)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tron City (Main RP) - Page 2 Empty Tron City (Main RP)

Post by Skye Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

[You are free to post here.]
Skye
Skye
Commander

Bumblebee and Checkmate like this post

Back to top Go down

Tron City (Main RP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tron City (Main RP)

Post by Checkmate Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:40 pm

( EEHEHE )

Vernal just picked it up on her own, and yes a little bit from Pavel. Sometimes she let it slip here and there…it might’ve been messy, but she still made sure to get the job done regardless. Sometimes her anger got in the way which added to the more violent attacks.

Yes she had anger…mainly towards Mara and the renegade. But just Mara alone.

Though, she furrowed her brow, she could feel that Paige was looking down at her, it was like a sixth sense. The Firewall looked up at her commander and stood at ready, nice and tall with a look of curiosity as she gave Paige a head tilt. Almost as if asking ‘ yes? ‘ or ‘ did I do something wrong? ‘. A scar was seen across the firewalls face due to some past patrols.

Another hologram tried to catch her off guard as it dashed up towards her, only for her to aim her Katana at the hologram and fire a shot at its chest. It exploding on impact all without taking her eyes off the commander as she awaited for a response.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:22 am

Paige deactivated the simulation and strode into the room, heels clacking on the faintly-glowing floor.

"We've been over this, Vernal. Your attacks are inefficient," she sighed. "Did Pavel explain hand-to-hand combat strategies to you at all?""

She tilted her head ever so slightly, giving her a scrutinising glare.

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Checkmate liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:42 am

Vernals head hung a bit, a clear frown was seen. She felt her teachers disappointment, it didn’t feel so great. This was the most emotion she’s shown since the thing began. She thought she was doing well.

“ N-No ma’am….he didn’t do much with me…we only went to Purgos once when I was a rookie…I took it upon myself to learn..” Vernal murmured, you could hear that she was sorry in her tone.

I need to do better—-I thought I was better—clearly not.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:54 am

Paige narrowed her eyes, then sighed again.

"I see. Yet another failure of his," she muttered. "Alright then, that makes a bit more sense. You're doing alright for being completely self-taught, but... it does make me wonder how you went unsupervised for so long without... nevermind, everything Pavel did was horrifically unsupervised."

She pinched the bridge of her nose. "I knew I was going to have to clean up another one of his messes. But don't worry, I'll take care of it."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:10 am

( OOP-)

Vernal kept her head lowered in guilt.

‘Failure?’

…..

‘ mess? ‘

Vernal didn’t like that one bit, though she tried to remain emotionless the best she could and soldier like. She taught herself by watching others train and mimicking them. She gripped the handle of her blade, she never wanted to be seen as a failure of Pavels again. She wasn’t sure how she went unsupervised either.

She kept her head lowered in guilt and shame. She could sense that Paige was stressed though, and she was only another inconvenience to the commander.

“ …..I’m sorry…..” Vernal’s voice cracked.

She supposed she was apologizing for Pavel and for herself on both ends. And for the fact that Paige had to deal with it.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:11 pm

( DW SHE DIDNT MEAN VERNAL IS A FAILURE SHE MEANS PAVEL FAILED TO TEACH HER-)

"It's not your fault. I can imagine questioning his methods would wind up in you being derezzed," Paige remarked with a soft huff. "So you did the right thing. It just makes my blood boil to think that he was just... wasting so much time... potential; y'know?"

She glanced Vernal over. "I think we should take a break for now. I can practically hear your heart pounding from here."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:54 pm

(OH OKI-IT LOOKED LIKED IT LOL AND AWW THE BEBE )

Vernal blinked in surprise hearing Paige only to look up at the commander. Her eyes sparkling in relief only for her shoulders to relax, she seemed more relaxed than before, like her worried were at ease.

Typical miscommunication…she hated it. But still, she still never wanted to be seen as a failure regardless. Though once Paige said ‘ potential ‘, her eyes sparkled even more. Like—-like a sense of pride was felt. Like all her hard work was actually paid off! She smiled wide hearing that. Already seeming to forget the miscommunication.

And once Paige recommended a break, Vernal relaxed more. She wasn’t wrong, she did feel exhausted after all of that once she allowed it to kick in. She even broke a sweat.

Thank you commander. And yeah with being derezzed…I wasn’t very fond of him, which I hope is alright to say now. He always told me to hurry up and to keep pace.” Vernal said with a bit of venom in her tone. But then again, she couldn’t do anything about it.

Then she blinked.

“ You—-really think I have potential?…” Vernal asked as she looked at the commander. Seeming to be in disbelief yet her tone was filled with a bit of hope. She did kill an iso though…only because he was easy picking…he was easy.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:34 pm

( RIGHT BACK ATCHA LOL AW )

"Potential to annoy me? Perhaps," Paige remarked, a faint smirk dancing at the edge of her lips.

She took a few fluid steps towards Vernal, circling her. "Everyone has potential, program. It's only a matter of using the right methods, the right training, the right people... to unlock it."

She glanced over her shoulder slightly to make sure Vernal was listening.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:44 pm

( E LOL )

Vernal glanced at the ground when the commander said ‘ annoy ‘. She also didn’t want that. Let’s just…let’s just say that she just wanted to be the best her she could be, she just wanted to be a good solider. That’s all that went through her mind. She wanted to be good at her job. Hell…she also had to be good at her job.

Though she looked back up at the commander once she spoke again, to show that she was listening, and as she did listen, it made more sense. Her face went back to her emotionless robotic self once more and turned serious as she paid attention, her more, professional self. She followed her commanders movements as she circled her. Also showing that she paid attention, she met Paige’s gaze once the commander looked back.

“ I understand more now, commander.” Vernal nodded, it was a genuine nod.

Though she remained silent and let the commander finish speaking. Besides, she didn’t have any questions or anything else to say.

She just remained….drone like. Robotic.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:26 pm

( i am so excited to write the crush-y feelings LMAO
i would guess the quickest way to paige's heart would be vernal getting injured and paige having to patch her up probably )

Paige gave her a nod.

"Good. Come with me. Gotta recharge after all that," she stated, pacing out of the simulation room and back into the observation deck.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:25 pm

( OOH OKI, and yes same omfg- though ngl, Vernal would most likely be the slowest one to catch feelings now. At first it was easy but now she’s got this—drone mode going on. Her emotions are almost non existent except for when zed is around soo Paige is gonna have to be patient ack- )
( Maybe there can be some oddly advanced programs fighting them both or something in Purgos? Cuz that’s a dangerous place if I remember right. )

Vernal nodded in a business like manner and swiftly followed Paige with her arms behind her back. She’s picked up the walk from a lot of the Firewalls here, doing her best to fit in and all of that, just trying to be a good soldier.

She kept to herself, never spoke against any orders especially since it got her derezzed or put in the games. She showed no emotion since her coworkers didn’t seem to care. So she shut all of that off, she only reserved her emotion for Zed, the only program that seemed to care about her. God he was such a dork..she loved him.

Vernal had a small smile as she thought on the nerd. She always loved how smart he was.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:46 pm

( YEYE, that checks out because Vernal's been repurposed and stuff-
also OOO YES
ACTUALLY IDEA-
maybe they survive a scuffle and then paige is injured, then vernal has to be the one to help her but paige is like NU I MUST DO IT MYSELF bc am SOO independent )

Paige led Vernal back to the water dispenser and gestured to it with a subtle nod.

She leaned on the wall and waited for Vernal to get what she needed.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:07 pm

( EE YEYE SOUNDS GOOD. It also lets Vernal show emotion there too ehe. )

Vernal gave her a thankful nod before swiftly heading to the water dispenser. She grabbed a cup then pressed the lever down with two index fingers. She watched the cup fill with energy with her blank stare.

After it it was filled up she stood to the side and leant against the wall only to begin drinking.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:14 pm

( YASSS FR
also i noticed wayy too late i said water instead of energy LMAO )

Paige said nothing, glancing off into space so as not to stare at Vernal.

Staring was rude of course, even if you were supposed to be keeping a close eye on your people.

She folded her arms and spaced out a little.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:28 pm

( E is okay lol.)

Vernal also looked away and gave her commander some space. So she just zoned out at the ground while she drank. All the while thinking.

……does this mean she’s considering training me full time?…like—yeah we’ve done one or two sessions in the past but still..

….i won’t have to be alone anymore, i can actually get some work in, even if Pavel had me under his wing, he didn’t do anything with me much. Just treated me like scrap metal and tossed me aside to be forgotten about.

….if I would’ve spoke up i probably would’ve gotten derezzed…..ergh..it’s..it’s not always easy being a Firewall.

…..but I’ve gotten far, and I’m proud of it. Screw Mara…she wouldn’t even give a damn about my progress…probably still sees me as a glitch and an orphan file.

….they’ve probably forgotten all about me….Zed hasn’t forgotten about me…right..?…

Vernals brows furrowed.

If he has then…then I’d truly be alone…it just proves this occupation is more important than ever. These are my people even if we don’t interact at least i belong somewhere…maybe..

Vernal stole a glance at the commander, thinking as she allowed some emotion to leak through.

…no-that’s stupid…she’s just your commander and your a low ranking Firewall still….but at least—if she’s willing to teach me i won’t be alone. I’d have a mentor.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:16 pm

( E )

Paige examined her fingernails with a scrutinising amber glare. She didn't notice Vernal's gaze.

Then she tucked her hand away, sighing softly.

She felt a bit restless. And considering Pavel wasn't around to watch over Purgos...

Yeah. Seems like a good idea. At the very least, it'll be familiar territory for us both.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:32 pm

( The Bebe )
( also idk if programs are allowed to have eye color SO I’m just gonna keep Vernals eyes the same color as her light lines for now. )

Vernal watched Paige study her fingernails, her normally cold exterior seemed to soften just the slightest.

Her red gaze also seemed to be softer too. Her eyes were the same as her firewall lightlines at the moment.

She wasn’t sure why—or how exactly but she felt…a sense of calm just being here like this.

I think your nails look fine. More then fine actually —

The thought had a bit of affection behind it as she allowed a little more emotion to leak through. She still kept starring as she zoned out, even after Paige had tucked her hand away.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:44 pm

( they are! mara has like... really icy blue eyes, for example. :3 )

"When you're re-energised, let's set out for Purgos to do a quick patrol. Pavel's not over there anymore, and it's familiar territory for the both of us... so we might as well," Paige muttered.

She pushed off the wall, strode over to the viewing area, and finished off her own glass of energy.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:08 pm

(Oh okay! Then I’m gonna give Vernal off silver grey eyes then-ignore the red then—)

Vernal snapped out of her thoughts once Paige spoke, a look of confusion was seen on her face at the current thought she had.

No—that—that was just normal.

“ Yes commander.” Vernal answered, though once she made eye contact with Paige again and watched her as she walked off, her head tilted a bit just watching the commander. She seemed—to be subtly admiring her form with how she walked with power behind each stride.

Vernals eyes widened on immediate realization and she crushed her paper cup.

Now that is unacceptable! You—

I think it’s the lack of energy getting to me maybe—uhm—y-yeah …

Besides..they’ll derezz you if they even so much as catch you doing something like that.

Shut it down. Now.

And just like that, Vernals face went blank and emotionless once more. Now robotic and drone like. Almost as if that didn’t happen.

“ ready to head out commander. “ Vernal said, her voice firm and authoritative as she marched behind Paige with her hands behind her back.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:19 pm

( ee oki! )

The eye contact put Paige off just a little-- it was uncommon for lower-ranking officials to do that. But she wasn't exactly as harsh as Tesler when it came to that sort of thing.

Hell, even accidental brushes against Tesler wound up in instant deresolution. Thankfully Paige and Pavel were exempt from that kind of aggression.

"Good. Follow me."

She gripped her lightbike baton and strode out of the room.

(skip to Purgos? i think we have a channel for that lol)

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:24 pm

( ye for skip, can u activate? and oop for tesler.)

Vernal could somehow sense that she made things a bit uneasy.

Damn it—-see? Unacceptable.

She grabbed her light bike baton as well from her hip strap as soon as Paige did. Only to follow in swift, making sure to avoid eye contact as much.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2