The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(THG) The Fox and the Rabbit

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

(THG) The Fox and the Rabbit Empty (THG) The Fox and the Rabbit

Post by soapster Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:36 pm

Topic:

Set 300 years in the future, the Hunger Games seem to practically rise from the grave as new powers takes control of the Capitol and its surrounding districts.

This is the thrilling tale of a District 10 farmgirl, a District 12 miner boy and the son of the Capitol itself.

Will you win the Games?

Characters:

Teff - /Checkmate

Fox - /soapster

Sam - /Checkmate

Newt - /soapster

Mars - /Checkmate

Volta - /soapster

Umber - /Checkmate

Twins (Taylor & Tyler) - /soapster

Grey - /Checkmate

**More characters to be added soon**

Last edited by soapster on Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
soapster
soapster

Checkmate liked this post

Back to top Go down

(THG) The Fox and the Rabbit Empty Re: (THG) The Fox and the Rabbit

Post by Checkmate Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:08 pm

( NEHEHEHEEEE )

You know that saying…history repeats itself….sadly it does. Poor ghost girl….poor Lucy gray and her mockingjays. Poor Katniss Everdeen…and her efforts to destroy a tyrant.

To the victors and tributes that came l o n g before this generation. Some of this generation…may not know nor care of their past efforts….and some might.

But a certain few—clearly do not care. A ghost of a certain mockingjay would be enraged to See to see it all happening again. To see more lives suffer of what she and her friends have to go through.

They say it’s not over until the mockingjay sings. But clearly….and sadly…they were w r o n g.

A 37 year old man was walking through the Capitols halls with his hands behind his back, he wore a violet suit and had brown slicked back hair with his arms behind his back. He had a stubble of a beard and gorgeous emerald green eyes, he held a white rose behind his back as a gift for President Volta. He had white gloves to sport.

His name was Umber Copperfield, this years head of the Reaping ceremony. Confidence and joy exuded from this man. He now stood in front of the door as he patiently waited for the guards to allow him entry.

I’m here to talk about todays Reaping Ceremony “ Umber explained calmly in a professional manner. He just wanted to get things right on his end. He gave the guards a warm and charming smile.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:54 pm

JRHDJSHSJS-)

The guards knew Copperfield- although they silently appreciated the explanation. They stayed still, yet pointed their large white rifles downwards as a sign of entry.

Volta was on the other side, sitting in her chair cross-legged. She wore a dark grayish-maroon dress, her hair was dark and short, almost like a bobcut. Her skin was a bit darker than average and she wore heavy siren eyeliner, her eyes a mystic amber.

She was speaking with a boy, around 19, with black slicked hair, piercing pale blue eyes and lighter skin. He wore a dark suit entirely, mostly dark gray with a few black tones here and there. His voice was average for a male, it had a professional quality to it.

Voltas especially, hers was… a silky deep feminine tone, carefully annunciating every syllable, making every single sound important. She had a very manipulative voice, her S’s like snakes.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:04 pm

( NEHEHE YASSS I LOVE EM ALREADY )

Umber took notice of the silent go ahead, he gave them a respectful yet friendly bow. The Capitol could always use some—joy. He strode inward in s confident fashion and presented the white rose gift.

He heard the madam President and her son speaking like casual, she gave them both friendly yet respectful smiles. He stood a few feet inwards but not too close as he waited permission to speak. He knew the President probably was already aware of his presence.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:34 pm

NDHDJSHHDDHS I LOVE HIMMMM-)

Volta did, infact, know of his presence as soon as the door opened. However, she finished her convorsation with her son, before turning to him, her eyes slowly leading up to Umber’s face. She had seen the white rose gift and she smiled, her teeth sharp, shining and white:

“Go on.” she so elegantly said, a sly hand motion arose from her side as if motioning him in silent encouragement.

Volta moved like a ribbon; always so smooth and carefully thought out, executed perfectly every time, ebbing and flowing so much so she could float away in a short breeze.

However, her bold and harsh gaze held her down. She waited, and as such her son faced Umber from diagonally behind his mothers chair, he clasped his hands together over one anothet quietly infront of his waist, those sharp eyes fell upon Umbers face as his own remained static; fearing if any emotion was shown he would be reprimanded…

As in years before.

However he contained that ounce of fear and went numb, just like how hes been training himself to do for the past nine years.

soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:16 pm

( IM GLAD YOU DO YFYDYFYG AND I L O V E THAT POST HOLY SHIT-)

Umber didn’t fail to notice the President’s power, n o r Fox’s. He knew where he stood on the ranking line. Even though he was born and raised a Capitol child, he s t i l l knew he was lower than them. He knew his place and yet he held his ranking with such joy.

And with his permission to speak he nodded and stood tall, he was exuding confidence and sunshine as he held his hands behind his back.

“ I’m here about the Reaping ceremony today madam. Everything is secured and ready to go, the stage is set! “ He reported “ Is there anything else you want me to do before time?” He asked.

The stage was in fact ready, every district just needed to get ready and presentable themselves.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:33 pm

NHAHAHAHAHA Y E S S S S THR BOIIII-)

Volta stood in swift, then she had begun to slowly walk around her desk with grace, her heels clinking on the floor softly in two-step- and she walked up to Umber. She raised her arm to his face and her long dark red nails brushed against his left cheek. She let out a low hum, as she practically looked through his soul:

“mmmm- yes there is… wipe that grin off your face, boy… This is not a playground…”

While saying those last few words, she slowly walked past him, the heel of her dress brushed against his calf as she proceeded. She raised her left arm to the sky and called out:

“Fox”

Fox himself had almost immediatly began to follow his mother upon order, his arms dropping to his side. He did not acknowledge Umber, although he wanted to. He would only do as his mother instructed while he was on-duty.

The door had closed behind them both, leaving Umber in the empty room. He could leave whenever he pleased.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:46 pm

( NEHEHE, BUT ALSO OOOP—OKAY GIRL-)

Umber was wide eyed during all of it, it was something he didn’t expect—not in the slightest. He felt those nails scrape across his lightly stubbled face and he actually—felt a bit of fear in his system. Most stupid men would think she was flirting—but n o. He knew it was a promiseA promise of death.

He made sure to keep up his mask as he listened and he nodded. He felt the ends of her grey dress brush against his heels and he felt his heart pound in anxiety.

He watched Fox follow his mother in silence he seemed to understand the young lad. And once he was alone and they were gone. He let out an exhale of fear that he didn’t know he was holding in. He had chestnut skin as well. It made his purple suit stand out more.

Umber let out a little full body shimmy shake as he tried to get the fear out of his system, he then readjusted his white tie.

I know that….I know what we’re doing is wrong…the most I can do is spread a little joy in the ways I know how.. Umber thought as he glanced around the now empty room.

Umber then began to head to Voltas desk and gently sat the white rose on her desk only to make his own exit.

He turned around on one heel and began to put on his happy facade once more and trotted out. He opened the door, closed it behind him and left.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:09 pm

A A A A A A OMG Y A S S S S S-)

Volta still kept on walking down the large intricately designed hallways, her heels clinking and echoing through the lage vast areas.

She kept her stride, yet directed her voice behind her to her son:

“You’ve been relieved for today, my dear.”

His voice was numb in return, it seemed to now be the only words he were ever allowed to speak to her anymore, for she ingrained it in his brain, etched into it like a tree carving:

yes, mother…

He then turned himself, and walked down a different hallway, letting out a silent sigh, recollecting himself and shaking his face off and rubbing his hands together, he kept in motion towards his room.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:39 pm

( NEHEHE IM GLAD YOU LIKE HIMB. AND A A A JGUFVUGGU I L O V E THAT DYNAMIC SM FOO. )
( OH ALSO—FOR SIMPLICITY IMMA JUST HAVE THE REAPING CEREMONY BE IN ONE BIG SPOT AND ALL THE DISTRICTS TRAVEL TO THAT SECTION-)

Off in the districts, Teff—was getting ready for the Reaping ceremony….she took a deep heavy breath and as she did—she felt her body tremble ever so slightly from the fear.

She’s been through this once before—the games….she didn’t see why she had to be present in the crowd again. She proved her worth..she shook her head a little and felt her heart pound in anxiety. She wore a grayish white dress. Something the districts had to wear, for a boy the clothes were obviously different.

Right now, the teen was staring outside of her window playing with her hair pony. The rabbit girl had dark brownish hair, brunette almost but not quite.

Her hazel eyes were always warm and inviting, freckles were seen on her roundish face. She looked out into the farms pen at the animals.

Oh how simple the animals had it—they only got to eat and laze around and be eaten themselves. Sometimes she w I s h e d, that were her. It’d be easier.

“ Hey little bun. “ a deep rich voice was heard behind her, she turned around and saw a taller, older boy behind her. He had dusty gray hair, dark rich chocolate brown eyes and sharper features, a warm smile was seen on his face. He had a dusty grey white shirt too. He was ready for today as well.

“ Mars “ Teff greeted, her voice warm as she greeted her brother. Her hands were shaking ever so slightly as she stroked her ponytail.

Mars gave a soft reassuring smile, he could sense she was scared..yet she was hiding it so well. He walked over in calm strides and placed a gentle hand on her left shoulder.

“ cmon, besides—don’t want the peacekeepers hunting us down eh?” Mars said softly.

And upon that, Teff shook her head and she turned and followed Mars as they headed to the door. Heading to their potential deaths.

But if she had to choose—she’d go in place of her brother e v e r y Single time.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:29 pm

AWWWWWHHHH- THE BABYYYY AND EEEE Y E S S. SS -)

A certain boy was practically running himself back and forth between the old worn shed outback and his own little run-down hut. His parents both lay on some form of hay blocks coverred by a thin sheet for a blanket.

His father was asleep, and his mother was watching him. They were both immensly pale and skinny, the bones on their faces showing, even. She held out a frail hand to the boy, in which he slowed his pacing and walked over, putting his hand in her boney fingers.

He was a small little thing; 17 years, lanky, skinny yet still having some muscle on him. He wore some raggedy coal-stained cotton clothes, parts of his face were also smeared on that blackish-gray stain, his hair messy, dark brown but short, and his eyes were turquoise blue with an inner iris of brown.

His voice was sweet and soft:

“Yes mumma?”

Her voice, however, was whispery, and out-of-breath; shakey, even:

“If you a-are called… m-my boy… do n-not let yourself be b-bullied again…”

The boy was quiet, his face unchanged, before he slowly nodded, as if to say ‘yes’.

His parents were sick for about the sixth time this year, mining-related illnesses, but nothing too fatal.

At least thats what he had hoped.

But for now, to him, they almost felt like a burden- a constant responsibility- yet… they were still his makers.

He still cared deeply for them.

Soon, he skipped on out of the door, tying a bit of twine around his waist to keep his pants up- his family wasnt rich enough to get a working belt.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:49 pm

( EE NEHE AND THE BOIIII RIGHT BACK ATCHA )

It took them a long while—they were from District 10 so they were pretty far. They’re shoes crunching along the grass and twigs. Teff’s gaze was towards the ground, her mind racing. Yet her face monotone.

Mars walked ahead, his face calm and neutral. Relaxed even…but it was all in attempts to keep the both of them calm.

They b o t h held hands as they walked what felt like death row. The forest was vast and large. The only sense of calm that they had right now.

Teff took a deep sigh and looked forward. Her eyes sparkled once more as she looked ahead—but it was an easily forced sparkle. She locked them down….locked them away.

But on the inside—she so desperately didn’t want to go back…then again..she imagined they a l l did, so she shut that down t o o.

Then—the rabbit began to hum. A old rebellion tune that was once sang y e a r s ago. Her voice was low as she began to hum the Hanging Tree.

Are you….are you….coming to the tree…where they strung up a man…and they said  who murdered three, strange things have happened here no stranger would they be—if we met…at midnight down in the hanging tree. “ Teff sang softly, her italian accent faint but it was there.

The song seemed to drift into the forest air…creating a certain sense of—eerie ness to the scene. Then—-upon recognizing the familiar tune. A flock of mockingjays flew above the sky singing their bird song.

Their bird song wasn’t a sign of the end…their song was warning to all of Panem….a warning of the nightmares that are about to begin again. And they’re just looking out for their own.

Their own included all—even the Capitol—even Fox—Even Newt.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye and soapster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:39 am

NHEHEHEHEHE I L O V E THATTTTT-)

Meanwhile, as the smaller boy was making his long run over to the Reaping Ceremony, Fox Soter sat upon his bed in the harsh overhead lights. He had let his hair somewhat go back into his normal bed-headed manners, as his head sunk into his large pillows.

It seemed as Fox had almost had a double-king sized bed, with obnoxiously large pillows and three layers of blankets to choose levels of warmth. The bed was positioned in the centre of the room, the headframe up against the far right wall.

His room was bright and marble, articulated wall designs on every pillar and corner, obnoxious lights shone down from the ceiling at every angle, usually supposed to be beautiful- yet he had lived in this damned building his whole life.

There was nothing beautiful about it anymore.

The Capitol took pride in its luxuries, however, it seemed.

And like every high member, they took it for granted. Fox lay there covering his face with another pillow to try to block out the lights- but then perked up in remembrance. He allowed his voice to go to his more comfortable range off-duty; not as deep:

“The Reaping-…”

He then had sprung himself out of bed and ran, ran through the hallways and out on one of the many large balconies, trying to look through some light fog to see where it was.

It had to be by the Capitol-… right?
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:18 pm

( EEEEE THANK YOUUU. AND AAAA I L O V E THAT POST TOO FOO. I LOVE THE DESCRIPTORS )

Actually—the Reaping was in the square. A crossroads type section that sat near the Capitol but connected all the Districts. And usually they took a train of sorts to g e t to the Capitol, that infamous train is still there to this day. Just positioned near the Square.

The Square itself was modernized, futuristic. It was h u g e in order to house all the other children of the Districts. The rules of the hunger games were that children as 12 through 18 were to be picked, plucked and thrown into the Arena. They kept the rules same from when Snow was in charge.

The year was now 2350. A whole decade or so passed since the original events.

Now back to the Square, it had cement instead of gravel, the stage had modern technology too. A large and vast platform was seen in front of a huge Holographic TV screen. The red flag of Panem was seen in the holographic TV screen.

On the sides, held holographic displays of Volta and Fox, long tall posts of pure white with a Holographic display on the right or left. The screen glitched a few times but it still kept Volta and Fox’s faces. They were seen on each side of the roundish city center.

Tall pale ish white futuristic buildings lingered over the Square. Encircling what little crowd was already there. Inside the square—everything that seemed to resemble the Old Panem and its rebellion, seemed to be gone.

Even the old spray painted mockingjay symbol on the train tracks were painted over. There w a s a Museum dedicated to it however. If the youth ever decided to learn about their past.

But what remained of Lucy Gray and Katniss Everdeen were slim…the mockingjays of course, the pin that was in the Museum as well as the weapons. The swamp-potato plant that was still vast in the woods. And their songs.

The old world was shadowed, covered, forgotten ….taken over by a new..more advanced and quite possibly—a more deadly generation.

There was already a good handful of people in the square, boys were separated on the left and girls were separated on the right. Standing in perfect squares, looking like soldiers.

Peacekeepers were seen standing on either side and near the stage ready to keep things from escalating too far.

Umber eventually made himself known as he walked out of the building that holstered the holographic TV, he grinned bright as day despite Voltas warnings. He stood tall as he waited for everyone to arrive. He pulled back his violet purple sleeve and looked down st his futuristic watch, it struck 11:30. The day was foggy..winter was on its way.

This was bound to be a interesting hunger games.

Umber grinned and put his sleeve back and shook his shoulders forward a little bit and beamed. His green eyes sparkling like the sun.

( OOH WAIT WHO GONNA TAKE FLICKERMANS PLACE—)

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:38 pm

EEENEHEHEHEEHDHEHGEEHBE- I LOVE THAT POST- AND HMMMM U CAN BE CAESER’S REPLACEMENT IF U WANT)

Fox couldnt quite see the square from where he was… He just sat there, on the balcony, listening for the announcements of each district.

Neither him not Volta would go fo the Reaping. It was… unsanitary

Meanwhile, the smaller boy had eventually arrived, standing near the back of the boys’ section. He had some fear marked on his face- those eyes somewhat-widened and his face dropped… but yet-

What are the odds?
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:30 pm

( EE OKI AND A A A A A I L O V E THAT POST BROOO. AND NEHEHEEE THANK YOU. ALSO BRO IDEA-WHAT IF THE REASON WHY UMBER WEARS THIS ROYAL PURPLE VIOLET I S BECAUSE OF VOLTA-WITH THE BALLAD OF SONGBIRDS AND SNAKES IT WAS RED FOR COLOR, WITH PRES SNOW IT WAS WHITE. )

Umber noticed that that certain brown-blue eyed boy had arrived, he grinned as that miner boy arrived more pooled in. He—tried to extend his sunshine-ness across the board, to anyone he’d look like a fool. A jester.

But he just…wanted others to be h a p p y. He knew what was to come…so he did what he could.

Eventually, the rabbit and the hound had appeared. Their hands in each others hand.

Teff looked over at the peacekeepers, her face neutral…but on the inside—a faint bit of fear was felt. It leaked through whenever she didn’t want it to.

One of the Peacekeepers’s German Shepards seemed to pick up on it and immediately began to lunge out and snap its furious jaws at her, it’s fangs dripping with saliva as the dog bounced against its restraints and leash. The peacekeeper had to hold the dog back with force.

Teff thought—her eyes widened…the dog reflected in her rich hazel irises and fear was seen. It brought her back to her first games. The first ever time that these games were revived—last year being 2349. This was the second year of the revival.

A memory played, it zoomed into her eyes and a forest was seen now. It was a gorgeous forest…with warm sun rays kissing the land. Beautiful flowers were seen too.

B u t—a sudden chorus of rabid and feral dire wolves were heard, howls and snarls were heard from behind her, panicked and feared sounds were heard—but the vision was of her running away. The sounds were coming b e h I n d her.

Then a pair of hands were suddenly seen coming into her view, they were her hands, they were slashed dirtied and bloodied….all her own doing. Then those tiny hands scurried and hurried to grab a tree that was within her reach. She climbed that tree like no tomorrow. She eventually made it high enough to where she sat in a crook between to branches, clung to that tree for life.

Her vision turned towards the pack of 10 f e r a l and rabid fire wolves that looked up at her like they were f o o d. Fury and anger was all that remained those bestial eyes.

They were mainly grey dire wolves. One wolf stared directly at her and did the s a m e hopping motion as it tried to reach its desired pray. It’s sharp fangs snapping and flinging slobber up at her. The memory ended and zoomed back out into modern day as she stared down at that German Shepard.

Teff flinched visibly and brought herself closer to Mars, her heart pounding like m a d as a bit of anxiety popped up.

The Peacekeeper yanked the German Shepard back.

“ SHUT UP!” He scolded, causing the dog to immediately fall silent. The Peacekeeper looked up at Teff and raised a gentle hand as a genuine apology.

Teff looked up at the Peacekeeper and nodded timidly. She clung to Mars’s arm though.

Mars took notice and looked down at his sister, he gave her a small reassuring smile.

“ we gotta go now. “ he said softly, as if trying to bring her back to reality.

Teff looked up at her brother and she nodded, locking her emotions away once more.

Mars took notice and his gaze softened, he then turned around and gently grabbed Teff’s face only to press their foreheads against each other.

It’ll be okay ” Mars soothed.

Teff closed her eyes and held her brothers hands in her own, soaking up the safety and security for but a moment. Then they both reluctantly parted, Mars headed over to the boys side and stood beside the District 12 boy.

And Teff headed over to the girls side. She took a deep breath—and exhaled her entire body relaxing as she looked up at the stage.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye and soapster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:37 pm

A A A A A A A. ONFG I LOVE THAT SMM- BUT ALSO A C K HUGGGG-)

The small District 12 boy slightly moved away from Mars as soon as he stood beside him. The boy blinked a few times silently, yet his gaze remained on the stage. He refused to look at Mars, nor any other boy in the crowd.

He was afraid, the longer the time moves on the more the suspense builds- it was practically eating at him. It very minimally shone through his eyes- yet he kept himsef collected and calm.

He had tried to give Mars a bit more room considering he was much bigger than he was- the tip of his right foot was tilted a little out to the side-… He felt the other boy’s warmth- being in the crowd it just… felt weird. He hated it.

It reminded him of the four other boys from District 12. His bullies. Everybody bullied him- quite frankly- but Them… especially so…

Going back a few years, around 13 years of age, he was in the mines with his pic- swinging away at a few rocks ahead of him. The mine was held by sturdy wooden beams- yet there was a small crevass- he noticed it and had snuck his small body through, only to reveala seperate piece of the mine. The wood was moldy and unfit for holding much of anything- it was a miracle they were still holding strong.

He, however, did not notice at all. That was an adventure for a different time. He wedged himself back out and had went back digging his usual stones- before that group of boys sauntered up to him:

“Look at the lil lizard boy- punching stones fow his sick pawents? awwww-“ The other boys laughed in agreement with the one.

The small miner boy dug his pic into the earth and turned, his voice higher as he was younger, yet still higher than average:

“Its Newt, actually…- stop calling me that please-“

“Or what?” said another boy, “Gonna tell your parents?”

One boy then picked up a small stone from the ground, and flung it at the smaller boy, the stone bounding off of his shoulder. He winced a bit, and stared with furrowed brows and wide eyes.

Then, all hell broke loose

The rest of the boys began to pick up varying-sized stones and hurled and chucked them at poor Newt, causing him to bruise all over his back and shoulders. He whined quietly upon impact, and he had tried to pick his pic back up but it was wedged into the rock, so he just ran. He sprinted- shoving himself into the little crevass that lead to the abandoned half of the mine- the other boys followed and guarded the entrance, laughing as they watched him run down the dark mineshaft.

Then, he made the sudden mistake of bumping one of the wooden pillars. It practically disintegrated immediatly upon contact, causing the rock above to come collapsing down. Newt went wide-eyed even more, and began to sprint back towards the entrance, except one large boulder fell, and caught his heel coming up- it brought him down to the ground with a heavy thud on his chin, and more rubble began to fall elsewhere. He covered his head with his arms, yet suddenly- a very large boulder came crashing down from above his lower-half, and crushed his entire right leg- the crunching sound echoing through the collapsed shaft. Amazingly- none fell on him entirely- yet afterwards he did kick the boulders off of him with his left leg and gently pulled his right leg out of the catastrophe. The boys were still laughing- not caring that they had almost killed him.

His leg looked almost flattened- shattered… it wasnt pretty. Newt groaned in agony as he stood himself up and limped over, miraculously shoving himself past the boys and back over to his pic.

He couldnt stop. He had to get money for his parents, no matter the circumstances.

The boys had let him be for the next couple of days, meanwhile the following day he came back into the mines with some rags tied around his leg and a crutch he made from large wooden sticks and twigs.

His leg healed in time, obviously, yet it never healed right- leaving him with a slight leg deformity, and a permanent limp.

He had been wary of people ever since. He always has been- but this takes the cake.

He flashed back into reality as he cleared his throat, waiting for the ceremony to be done already. He hated waiting like this-…
soapster
soapster

Skye and Checkmate like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:03 pm

( NEHEHEH THANK YOUU IM PROUD OF IT. ALSO NUHHH RIGHT BACK ATCHA THE BEBE—)

Mars took notice of Newts unease and how he shifted away from him—his gaze softened, he had cinnamon brown eyes. They were gentle and warm and welcoming j u s t Like Teff’s. He may have had sharp features but he wasn’t scary at all.

He could also sense that the boy was scared too. They all were…and if there were any that weren’t scared then—they were insane. Upon respect, Mars had scooted away from Newt. Granting him a small bit of peace.

Mars also noticed that Newt had an odd looking placed foot—but he figured it was just how the poor boy stood. He left it be and he just looked back up at the stage.

Eventually after all of the Districts came up to the square Umber grinned and beamed wide.

He strode up to the microphone and grabbed it, he then outstretched his arms wide in greeting.

“ Greetings all of Panem! Today is the second day that marks a revival of a generation old tradition! The Hunger Games! Now, we mustn’t forget why we have such a thing. The war….and….the rebellion years ago. Of the districts daring to take down our beloved Capitol. This—is the cost of insurrection my friends, this is the price of peace, of freedom. ” Umber spoke, as he pointed at the giant screen.

His voice was calm yet cheery as ever. Trying to ease everyone’s minds. He then cleared his throat and rolled his shoulders back.

Now then ladies and gentlemen! Let’s begin, this years 78th Annual hunger games! “ Umber cheered, his voice was rich too.

Teff immediately seemed to tense up but she kept a neutral face.

Umber then dipped his hand into the giant glass bowl that was standing on the pedestal in the middle and he grabbed it with both hands.

He took a moments pause for dramatic flare. He then licked his lips a little to wet them and he opened the paper.

From District 12 for the boys side, Newt ThornLock! ” Umber announced, his voice booming as if he was performing in theater..in a play. Like he was hosting some form of Gameshow.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:15 pm

JEHXJSJSJSJSKSJ-)

Newt noticed in his peripheries Mars’s kind gesture of space, yet he acknowledged the issue no further as Umbers voice sailed across the crowd from the mic.

Then, suddenly then… his name was called. Newt went wide-eyed and was still. He didnt know what to do with himself- really… The other boys from District 12 were a few rows behind him, they yelled at him:

“Hey! The lizard boy got picked!”

Newt heard this, and did not say another word. He anxiously made his way out of the crowd, and limped up to the stage slowly, blinking quite rapidly to keep his eyes from watering over.

His mind backtracked, his mothers words in his head:

Do not let anyone bully you

He would not. He gave a sort-of petrified look up at Umber, and turned back, facing the crowd. He was mortified inside, yet again he only let a little shine through.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:59 pm

( THE POOR BEBEE HUGGGG )

Umber took notice the boy was scared, his gaze was ever so gentle and kind still.

Teff however—caught the District 12’s boy’s taunts and she whipped her head towards their direction, suddenly her nature turned —serious..more mature. Wiser than she looked.

Oh shut it coal face! “ Teff snapped coldly at them, it was a warning for them to leave Newt alone. She never started fights—she wasn’t physically fit enough to fight…but she would if necessary. She took notice of Newt…she saw his limp.

And her gaze softened as her brows furrowed in sympathy…he looked so—ragged..so..dirty and poor and so…so-

He looks so s m a l l…the poor thing.. Teff thought, her eyes holding heavy sympathy for him. She wished him well, she felt for him..she felt for them all actually.

She wanted to dart and shield him—to keep him safe…t h a t s how much of an impact Newt made on her already.

Mars on the other hand also gave the poor District 12 poor a Look of heavy sympathy. But he stayed put.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:43 pm

IEHDJDJ-)

Newt snapped his head in the direction of Teff’s voice, how she stood up for him almost immediatly- a complete stranger-… He felt almost- a sense of comfort wash over him in a way. He had stayed put himself, quiet and still, waiting for this nightmare to be over.

Meanwhile, Fox was still out on the balcony, he heard Umbers voice booming, he heard the first name called was a District 12 boy- thats all he got so far. He sat himself down on one of the chairs and listened on, curious about who else was going to get picked.

He took his government position for granted- as the thought never crossed his mind that he should be grateful for his luxuries- as if he wasnt sold to Volta- he wouldve been down there right now… waiting just as scared as everyone else…
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:56 pm

( NEHEHEEE I L O V E THAT POSST )

Umber smiled warmly at Newt, his gaze soft as if he tried to reassure him. He then dipped his hand to the bowl and closed his eyes.

He rummaged through the millions of papers, fingers stopping at one—only to change his mind and go to another. Only to stop again.

This continued on as he hummed. Then—his fingers stopped on a random name deep in the glass bowl. He smiled and gingerly grabbed the paper.

He opened his eyes and paused for a little bit, scanning the area. Then—he opened the piece of crumbled paper yet again. His eyes landed down.

For District 10! —-” oh….oh dear….his brows furrowed as he saw a repeating name.

he took a deep breath and sighed, only to shake his head.

For District 10, Teff Fardust!" he announced, his voice loud and booming.

Teff far in the crowds—-felt like her world had stopped…her eyes widened as she heard her name be called yet again. Her stomach dropped and it felt like the earth had opened up into a large dark void and sucked her in.

Her throat tightened…another memory flashed as it flashed back to those rabid dire wolves..she swore she felt their phantom fangs hovering around her neck right now. She swore she heard snarling behind her.

But Teff”s face remained neutral…as much as she possibly could anyways. She made her way out of the crowd and walked up to the stage, her face remained neutral as she locked everything else in. She walked calmly up to the stage, her eyes locking with Newt for a moment.

And yet her eyes still remained bright and warm.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:18 am

KEKSJDJSKSJSJ-)

Newt slightly flinched at how utterly loud the sound of Umbers voice was as he was much much closer to the speakers now, although his eyes darted to the girl who began walking up.

It was the same one who had stood up for him a few long minutes ago…

Teff Fardust…. Wait didnt she play last year-?

He thought as he furrowed his brows slightly, yet it faded as she locked eyes with him for that split second- he saw how- almost unbothered she looked… neutral even-…

He couldnt help but ponder on it though… He knew that with the games enough- he knew about the masks people wore- hell he was wearing one now… or at least trying to….

He couldnt begin to imagine what was behind Teffs mask.

His eyes snapped away from hers quickly however- he wasnt too fond of eye contact… especially not with people he was estranged to. He remained staring off into the fog behind the crowd… just thinking… imagining… painting his own death scene in a million different ways in his head…

Maybe… disembowled with a sword- maybe cut in half with an axe- hung by twine rope, shot through the heart with an arrow… or head…

Yet, he knew he had a very unique and specialized skillset regarding combat, thanks to a lifetime of bullies;

He did not fight to live

He found a loophole to survive.

And by god he’d use it
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:17 pm

( THE BEBEEE HUGGG )

Teff eventually stood next to Newt, but not too close, at least a foot apart. She saw the boys brows furrow—and she swore she could feel his own gears turning. She was..slightly intuitive—remember she was a caretaker. She cared for a l o t of people when they wanted or needed it. It was mainly her family that she helped care for—but now, it was for all the tributes.

She stole a glance at Newt even after he looked away, her brows furrowed in heavy sympathy as she looked him over. It was no mistake that he was from District 12, he looked thin but that could also be a trick of the light. But what caught her attention the m o s t was his unique eyes…and his poor leg.

Her face fell a little as she felt for him. She took a deep breath and sighed heavily only to look out into the crowd. It truly felt like they were all on death row right now.

As Umber called out random names for each district, and those respective people came up and stood beside Newt and Teff.

Mars furrowed his brows upon seeing his sister up there again. He wanted to volunteer but he didn’t want to make a scene. He knew his sister was lucky….but luck could only last for so long….and he feared that this round would be her last.

A gingery red haired girl stood beside Newt and acted as the District 12 Partner for the girls side. And a dark haired boy stood beside Teff and acted as the partner for her side.

From District 9, Sam Westbrow. “ Umber called out. District 9 was one of the Districts ruled over the Capitol and is actually a very quiet District and isn’t heard a lot about often. They also had a lot of factories too, most likely for grain processing but not much is known.

But this girl—she w a s n t quiet. The blonde girl didn’t budge—only to practically be shoved out of the crowd by a peacekeeper out into the middle of the empty walk way. She grunted and bared her teeth, she was 5’7, and had rich brown eyes. She growled and whipped her head around.

“ OH FUCK YOU YOU AND SHOVE YOUR GUN UP YOUR ASSESS! “ Sam barked, her teeth even looked sharp, or was it a light trick? She growled and marched up, she was older than Newt and Teff being 18. And she embodied everything the honey badger had to offer.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:34 pm

NSHXJSHSJ-)

Newt could practically feel her eyes on him even after he looked away from her. He felt mildly uncomfortable, but more comfortable around her than the next people to walk up to the stage.

She did stand up for him-… however…

She could also very well be the one to ultimately kill him

It was just a thought- this was the Hunger Games after all… He had absolutly no idea what was in store for him.

He did flinch somewhat at Sams yelling, but very minimally. He studied the taller woman while she angrily marched over. It was clear she did not want to be there.

Nobody did, and Newt shuffled himself a little bit for his own space as well as in anxiousness, waiting for this god awful ceremony to be over with.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum