The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Animal Kingdom~

2 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

~Animal Kingdom~ - Page 5 Empty ~Animal Kingdom~

Post by soapster Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

In a dystopian world, set in 700AE - After Extinction - humans have been extinct for hundreds of years, their buildings long overgrown, if not, fallen completely, leaving the earth untouched.

The trees have grown exponentially, whole new biomes have been born- and animals have gained the ability to talk. Since humans have gone extinct, the world is finally able to heal.

But at what cost?

CHARACTERS:

Fallon - @soapster

Bakari - @Checkmate

Barbara - @soapster

Manny - @Checkmate

Nyra - @soapster

Andy & Anari - @soapster

Amara - @Checkmate

Su'khin - @soapster

Soleomin - @soapster

Ayabu - @Checkmate

Ashe - @Checkmate

Ashura - @Checkmate

Kamari - @Checkmate

Last edited by soapster on Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
soapster
soapster

Checkmate liked this post

Back to top Go down

~Animal Kingdom~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Animal Kingdom~

Post by Checkmate Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:32 pm

This caused Bakari to jolt and leap high into the air and to whip her head back and forth only to look towards Barbara.

“ Damn it!” She half snapped, her heart was pounding in her chest like a mile minute. Her muzzle was decorated with purple residue from the berries which she actually found tasted pretty good..she never got to munch on any sort of wild berry in her pack anyways.

Her brown eyes looked into the horses own.

“ what?” She asked.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:53 pm

Barb huffed sharply, her ears pinned as she stared at her in silence for a second, before relaxing and raising her ears:

"Look, kiddo- we got off on the wrong foot. I know youre not-... like the others I guess... my herd got mauled by a group of bears when I was a foal- its been hard for me to look at a carnivore since... Its not personal... its just- it took me a while to get used to Fallon-... its going to take me some time to get used to you." she exhaled: "im sorry."

Finnegan still wallflowered the Clydesdale, looking up at her with his fuzzy head, before looking back at Bakari, seemingly a bit more comfortable around the wolf hearing that Barbara said she was okay.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:15 pm

( AWH )

Bakari listened carefully and she flicked her ears calmly..her heart ached hearing the story. Her brows furrowed in disbelief but yet..she knew the nature of carnivores sometimes. Some cared, some didnt…

Her eyes were heavily empathetic hearing that and her head lowered in sympathy.

“…I’m..im so sorry.” She frowned as she turned around towards the Clydesdale. She then looked towards Finnegan and her gaze softened even more.

“ Those—those were Monsters..I know our duality i see it in my pack a lot.” She said as she looked back at Barbara. But she greatly appreciated the apology.

She offered a tiny timid smile.

“ I appreciate the apology though, but i still won’t stop…I’ll make up for all of my kinds behavior..if you can trust Fallon, Nyra even…” she began and looked Barbara Dead in the eyes with nothing but pure innocence.

I won’t stop. Whatever is needed I won’t stop.” she promised firmly.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:26 pm

JDHXKSJSP-)

Barbaras brow furrowed as she sighed:

"Bakari. You cannot make up for the actions of every other carnivore on the planet. Its fine- and the only thing you can really do is wait. Im not stupid, I know your intentions. I know you wouldnt hurt a fly. Its just me. I need time."
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:45 pm

( THE BABY )

Bakari listened and her gaze softened in understanding and she nodded.

“ Okay.” She smiled warmly, her brown eyes holding thanks. She understood that, but she still wasn’t gonna stop…no matter if Barbara said it was impossible to do. It still made her resolve strengthen even more.

She then looked back at the bush then back at Barbara “ want some?” She asked as she stood aside. They were actually kinda good in her mind.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:55 pm

Barb actually let the tiniest smirk slip, only to shake her head:

"No thanks. I ate already"

She then paused and lowered her head:

"Finnegan, would you like some?"

The foal looked up at her, and back at the bush, before nodding shyly. Barbara snickered and placed her snout behind him before giving him a few encouraging pushed forward:

"Go on then. Bakari wont bite."

The clydesdale internally recoiled saying that- again it would take a long time- but she said jt not for her sake, but for Finnegan's.

The baby reindeer shakily walked forward on his still-unstable legs and began to munch on the berried, his little fluffy nub tail wagging.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:05 pm

( A W H )

Bakari smiled softly seeing that and her heart melted. She then gingerly took some berries down from the bush and she laid at least four down for Finnegan and she smiled gently.

“ There you go.” She murmured then nudged them forward with her own squishy nose.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:24 pm

AKDJDKSJS-)

Finnegan removed his little head from the bush, looked up at Bakari with a thankful expression, before bending down and eating them, his tail wagging again. It was a silly little thing he did when he ate for some reason.

Barbara checked on Finnegan, only to watch Bakari after. Logically she knew the wolf was alright- but instinctually it was just a feeling that would take loads of time to erase.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:23 pm

Bakari watched Finnegan and her gaze softened only to giggle. Her gaze softened even more as she looked back up at Barbara. She knew it would take time, it didn’t mean that she wasn’t sensitive.

But.

Barbara’s explanation helped greatly. She gave a friendly nod in return and started to Head back towards the pack with a heavy yawn.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:26 pm

And with that, after seeing Bakari trot off, Barbara made a little snort sound to signal to Finnegan that it was time to go, in which he snatched up a few more berries before following Bakari, Barbara waiting until she followed behind him.

And with that, they returned. Fallon and Nyra were chatting now in the shade of one of the taller buildings
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:34 pm

Bakari spotted the other duo and she found herself smiling, her brown eyes sparkling in the on coming full moon.

And as the full moon Rose and uncovered by the clouds, the she wolf immediately perked her ears up upon hearing her pack howl in unison. She smiled as her tail wagged happily back and forth, starring up at the sky.

It was a tradition her pack did, they ventured far to a clearing only known to them and they just..kinda hung out..she easily picked out her parent’s voices, then Ashuras easily, it was a deep echoey howl.

Ayabu’s was a rich smooth one, cutting through them all.

She then suddenly threw her own head back and howled, her howl was A higher tone but still beautiful to the ears.

It was a way to let them know that they were there for each other, that they were together even though they were kind of all assholes…they were A Pack First and foremost. A Family.

And Bakari…still…felt the need to join in, they were her family even if she suffered harsh treatment. Practically abuse…

Her gash on her chest was half healed by now, a testament to her trial. Her Left ear still having a chunk torn out from her past…

And yet she still howled with them.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Fri Oct 11, 2024 11:50 pm

A C K K OKAY THATS TOTALLY FINE JUST RIP MY HEART OUT AND STOMP ON IT WOULD YOU-)

Barb had followed Bakari up until she had to split off with Finnegan still by her side.

They had eventually gone back to the clearing with Fallon, Nyra and the cubs. The horse plopped down in the shade as well as Falon trotted over only to hop up on the horses side and curled up into a ball:

"How did it gooo?"

The horse just sneered in play:

"Oh hush."

The fox just snickered
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Oct 12, 2024 1:05 pm

( SORRRRRRRY-)
( AND NGL I SECRETLY SHIP FAL AND BARB DONT COME FOR ME MY GAYDAR IS GOING OFF. )

Bakari kept howling, the whole packs howl sounding like a symphony. One thing is for certain, yes wolves were dangerous, they can be. But they were also Beautiful and misunderstood creatures.

All carnivores had a duality, feral and lethal…to practically harmless and gentle.

Nature…had its dualities more often than not, Mother Nature nurtured …..but could also destroy.

Nature was but A Game of life and death…of natural selection…it was harsh but Beautiful…and it all served its purpose.

And the mothers children knew it best.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sat Oct 12, 2024 2:14 pm

AKCJDKDJD OOOOH I LOVE THOSE LAST LINESSS AND YOU SECRETLY MAY BE CORRECT)

The fox just laid there on the horses side, setting her chin down on her curled bushy tail, and smiling at her deviously with squinted eyes:

"...Whatcha thinkin abouttt" she toyed

The clydesdale rolled her eyes with a huff, before looking back at the fox:

"Im just-... i dont know- I feel like an ass, but Finnegans parents may still be out there..."

"I thought the wolves killed them-"

"No-" she shook her head: "They were deer, remember."

"Oh- okay?"

"Its just-... what if we find them and... and they want him back?"

The fox raised her head with furrowed brows:

"Then we give him back? Barb you cant just keep him-"

"But I want to- hes... he reminds me so much of myself when I was a foal and... and I dont know im just really attached to him..."

"Barb-" the fox chuckled, moving her position to laying rather than curled up: "He isnt yours"

"No, hes mine." the horse spat, pinning her ears, and turnibg her head away:

"If you lost your son, come to find out that some random horse claimed him and wouldnt give him up, youd still want him back."

Silence:

"I know its hard, Barb, but sometimes youre gonna have to face the facts. I mean- if youre so desperate for a foal-"

"I am never getting with a stallion. Absolutly not. Id rather you rip my throat out and let me die"

Fallon was quiet and wide eyed, only to exhale:

"...or, horses do live for quite a long time. Youre, what- 4? 5? You have decades ahead of you to find an orphaned baby. I can promise you that."

The mare was quiet. She knew Fallon was right, though she cleared her throat and looked back towards her:

"What about you? Ever wanted a kid?"

She huffed and also looked outwards, looking at Andy and Anari and Finnegan play about with eachother in the grass:

"I dont know- I dont want my own, im in that same boat with you... but I mean- I've never really given it much thought."

They both gave a sigh as they watched the young ones play about still, and Fallon dropped her head, resting her chin on the horse.

And Barbara felt that, and gave the tiniest of smiles in return.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Oct 12, 2024 2:27 pm

( I KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS AREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. ALSO I GOT NOTHIN MUCH AFTER A BIT )

Bakari After a while, eventually Found her own secluded spot and curled up near some bushes, she felt secure underneath a lot of things especially if it were sturdy things. She felt…Safe that way. Hence why her original den was a bunch of broken down cars covered by moss.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sat Oct 12, 2024 2:45 pm

JABDJSJSKSJSKSJS BHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA R A T S S S S S S I WAS GONNA KEEP IT A SECRET BUT EH WHO CARES. ALSO DOES U WANNA SKIP? )
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:18 pm

( HIHUGDFY ALL GOOD DW LMAO YOU TRIED. AND YEYE UHHHH, IM KINDA STUCK BUT ILL TRY. )

Once the sun rose Bakari outstretched her paws and cracked each singular ‘ toe ‘ with a grunt.

She eventually stood up only to yawn. She then out of the corner of her eyes das the bushes move in a jerking juttering fashion. She knew it wasn’t Manny, her ears flicked and she immediately dashed After it in a pouncey fashion.

She crashed through the bushes, following the scent. It smelled like another mammal, a but acorny and grassy. It partially made her mouth water. And she felt her instincts kick in and by god she was hungry…starving really.

It was like a demon threatening to consume her, she felt her teeth grow ‘’ sharp ‘, her claws threatened to unsheathe themselves. Her veins strained in her paws Holding them back. Her fur Even bristled…

It terrified her.

She felt herself grow tunnel vision as she followed the scent trail, the trail itself was a yellow color. The others had different scent colors too.

She felt herself growl, it vibrated Deep in her throat. She couldn’t stop herself.

With snarl she lurched out of the bushes and was about to attack whatever it was, only for her to skid to a halt the last minute. Her eyes widened as her chest heaved, she was panting heavily, snarling in the mixture.

It was but simple good sized muskrat gathering some wild flowers, humming to herself as her ears flicked back and forth, her fur was A simple dusty brown that shone in the light, her tail twitching back and forth. She was humming A very gorgeous tune to herself.

That’s all she was doing…enjoying her day.

Bakari feit Like a Monster….

Her ears drooped and she stood back up, backing up in a cowering fashion now. She felt her stomach rumble…she was hungry but she refused to eat.

She felt her eyes well.

The muskrat continued gathering her flowers happily, unaware of the wolf behind her.

Bakari closed her eyes, only to turn back towards the new Pack and to run back Home. Her mind however—kept replaying that soothing melody…It made her heart stir. It made her melt…it was so beautiful…

How could she ever dare?…

She shook her head and returned to the group with a sigh. Calming down almost instantly.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sat Oct 12, 2024 10:09 pm

I LOVE THATTTT-)

Fallons pack was still in that little shady grassed clearing by the tilted skyscrapers, the cubs and the foal actually asleep in a little dogpile, Nyra out on a hunt again, Barbara on watch laying by the young ones, and the fox was currently nowhere to be found.

She valued her alone time as any fox would- currently out on a little scout for- really anything.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Oct 12, 2024 10:13 pm

Bakari sighed a little seeing that they were alright. She gave a warm smile to the group.
It felt strange….so strange.

She half expected Ashura to barrel in unannounced ….she expected…worse…she expected so much to Happen right now but for it to be calm?

It felt foreign and off and it made her skin crawl…

She inched over towards Barbara and took a timid seat only to slowly, lay down and lay her head on her paws with a drowsy gaze.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sat Oct 12, 2024 10:42 pm

JAHXJSHZJSJSSK-)

The horse turned her head quickly only to notice the wolf. She didnt want to speak with her quite frankly, but she wanted to at least try to be nice:

"...they didnt want you I assume?"
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:03 am

Bakari’s ears flicked and she felt herself jolt and get up quickly at the Head turn. She looked towards Barbara and furrowed her brows.

“ what?” She ventured. She was honestly a little clueless…she just thought it was all normal. She then scooted a bit ways away and laid down again, her body trembling just from that motion alone.

Again…all she ever knew was her old Pack…and one she still considered Family. Her mind was still there…she was …struggling to find her place.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sun Oct 13, 2024 8:19 am

AWWWH THE BABY-)

Barb saw this happen- and she figured it out pretty quickly. She wasnt stupid, and far from it. She only had to look at the poor wolf to figure that out.

Her ears remained semi pinned, a visible sign that she still didnt like even being in the same presence as the wolf, however she huffed as she spoke:

"...why do you go back to them?" she asked, only making eye contact for a millisecond: "its clear they dont like you, and youre treated like shit, so whats the point?"
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Oct 13, 2024 12:17 pm

( RIGHT BACK ATCHA THE BABY )

Bakari flinched hearing that, her brows furrowing as each word hit her.

“ o-oh i didnt go back i just caught a yummy smell really…saw some bushes rustling.” She explained.

She then hesitated “…a-and…well…theyre my only Family Ive ever known…literally…they don’t—-“ she began, trying to say that they liked her, she was in denial.

“…..Theyre not that mean…” she finished awkwardly.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sun Oct 13, 2024 12:41 pm

A W H THE POOR BABY- MY HEART-)

The horse huffed out of her nose, her nostrils flaring up and down a tad:

"So then im assuming all that howling the other night wasnt you or your pack...?"

She gave the wolf an eyed glare- coming off as judging in a way. She scoffed at the family but but remained quiet.

However it wasnt until Bakari spoke her final lines that she furrowed her brows and narrowed her eyes, finally meeting Bakari's gaze:

"Im sorry- I thought I heard you say that theyre not mean-..." she began, before rolling her eyes and scoffing again:

"Little wolf, they threw you across the earth, cut you open and laughed at you. The ones who didnt laugh did nothing to help. Fallon told me everything." she said as she stood to her hooves: "They are not your family. Okay, I get it, you were brought up with them, yeah whatever, but you cannot deny the fact that your 'family' tried to kill you because you made one little slip up. They arent even mean- they are downright horrible to you, and the fact that you cant see that says everything."
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Oct 13, 2024 2:07 pm

( OH MY GOD RIGHT BACK AT YOU I L O V E THAT POSSST )

Bakari locked her gaze on Barbara and she felt herself tensing with anxiety, the Clydesdale was large so it was intimidating to her.

But once she stood up—the wolf immediately kinda went on her back and showed her tummy. Her ears folding back as she listened, it was an instinct.

As she listened, her eyes welled up. Each word felt like a stab—and the last sentence, felt like a dagger to the heart. Her heart was trembling—all she could focus on was trying to not get squished.

Yeah they were—but they couldn’t…they…

She opened her mouth to try and speak but nothing came out, only a pathetic little whimper.

She didn’t wanna believe it—and yet she kinda had to…she honestly didn’t know what to think or how to react right now.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum