The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Animal Kingdom~

2 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

~Animal Kingdom~ - Page 3 Empty ~Animal Kingdom~

Post by soapster Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

In a dystopian world, set in 700AE - After Extinction - humans have been extinct for hundreds of years, their buildings long overgrown, if not, fallen completely, leaving the earth untouched.

The trees have grown exponentially, whole new biomes have been born- and animals have gained the ability to talk. Since humans have gone extinct, the world is finally able to heal.

But at what cost?

CHARACTERS:

Fallon - @soapster

Bakari - @Checkmate

Barbara - @soapster

Manny - @Checkmate

Nyra - @soapster

Andy & Anari - @soapster

Amara - @Checkmate

Su'khin - @soapster

Soleomin - @soapster

Ayabu - @Checkmate

Ashe - @Checkmate

Ashura - @Checkmate

Kamari - @Checkmate

Last edited by soapster on Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
soapster
soapster

Checkmate liked this post

Back to top Go down

~Animal Kingdom~ - Page 3 Empty Re: ~Animal Kingdom~

Post by Checkmate Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:57 am

( OOOOP-)

Bakari was about to respond only to practically screech upon seeing the horse crash through and she lowered herself. Her ears were flat to the sides and her tail was practically between her legs.

THAT is a big horse.

Amara herself quickly jumped up with wide eyes, she didn’t comment much only muttering “ Jesus…” she whispered as she looked the horse up and down.

Manny on the other hand wasn’t phased he just kinda —seemed to vanish, and yes he knew that, but still he knew his friend didn’t have rabies. And he didn’t try bothering the Clydesdale he just wen’t back to his friends forehead and propped himself up that way.

Bakari herself just had this traumatized look, she was definitely NOT a threat, and Amara certainly wasn’t either, she was just here to observe. But her eyes were still wide.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:01 am

Fallon immediatly stepped infront of her friend, putting herself inbetween her and the two wolves:

"Barb. Its alright- they wont hurt you-"

The horse scoffed, her ears still pinned as she kicked up dirt with one of her front hooves, still giving the canines a death glare as she directed her sound towards the fox:

"Hurt me? Oh honey I could crush the both of them, im not worried about me... Im worried about you and the wee ones a ways back... I dont trust them..."

Fallon just sighed, and kept her calm:

"Yeah and you didnt trust Nyra and now look where we are. Look- this one- err....." she broke down into a whisper, quickly directing her voice towards Bakari: "...forgive me, I mustve forgotten your name-..." only to direct her attention back at Barb:

"She kept me from getting immediatly offed by her pack when I got that deer leg the other day ago, remember?" she began, pointing her nose towards Bakari: "I- I dont know who her friend is but- I think shes fine-"

The horse went quickly silent upon hearing that Bakari had helped Fallon out earlier- however she still wasnt swayed easily-:

" 'you dont know who her friend is' oh yeah thats smart, love. Mhm- Good lord Fal, youre gonna get yourself killed if you keep trying to save everyone."

The fox was just quiet, her ears slightly shifting backwards on that comment, but she didnt want to argue- especially not infront of strangers. She kept her quiet cool as she took a breath.

Meanwhile, Barb stood down. She was still unhappy with the wolves' presence, thus keeping her ears mostly pinned, however she wasnt actively threatening them anymore.

She simply did this for Fallon and Fallon alone.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:42 pm

( DFHUSVU SHE’S STUBBORN OMG )

Bakari stayed hunkered down, her eyes darting between the two as she listened.

“ She’s right though—-I’m not a threat, Amara isn’t either. M-My names Bakari I’m literally the least threatening thing right now. “ she promised as she stood back up, her ears stayed pinned flat and the tail remained between her legs. Her chest showed a mossy bandage that was falling off slightly, getting dry and it revealed a deep semi healing gash.

There were three slashes. Good sized revealing chewed off fur. It looked painful.

Amara swayed her tail to the side and she sat down.

“ I’m not a threat either, I’m just here to listen. I myself am a rogue I was kicked out of my own pack for unjust reasons.” She said, her voice calm and soft.

Bakari looked towards Barbara, her brown eyes soft. Pleading almost. The pill bug of her friend remained asleep.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:15 pm

KSHXKSJSK-)

The clydsedale sharply huffed through her nose hearing this. She ignored the rogue, simply looking at Bakari:

"fine."

The fox, however, perked her ears at Amara:

"Well- if you need a place to stay, our pack is open-"

"no it is not!"

"Barbara." The fox turned sharply to look towards her. Saying her full name was equal to saying someones first and middle name. She meant business.

This in turn caused Barb to exhale and take a few steps back, only to silence herself unwillingly. Meanwhile Fallon looked back with a nervous chuckle:

"Sorry- Barb's just a bit uneasy about strangers... As I said, you are most welcome to join our pack if you wish"
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:46 pm

( PFFT )

Amara was patient, incredibly patient, she understood the horses reservations but again she couldn’t help but find amusement in all of this. However—what she didn’t expect, was such an invitation.

Her eyes widened.

“….just like that?” She murmured. She was stunned to say the least.

Bakari caught Barbara’s initial response and she relaxed even though she still felt nervous. Her ears then perked up upon hearing the open invitation. She was hesitant…but—freedom..sounded nice.

Really?…” she ventured timidly. A hesitant hope in her voice.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:56 pm

Fallon nodded her head:

"Yeah- I hate seing others on their own- plus you've been nothing but nice to me. You both are welcome to join"

Her eyes were sincere and calm, so was her voice despite being a little raw from scolding Barbara just now- who in question refused to make eye contact with the fox or any of them for that matter.

Fallon had a saviour complex. She wanted to help and save others- both from their situations as well as from themselves, and believed everyone had good in them, though she also wasnt stupid with it.

To simply speak- she firmly believed that kindness goes a long way.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:08 pm

( THE BABY, AND HELP I LOVE BARBARA)

Bakari lifted her head up in joy hearing that. Her tail wagged rapidly as her eyes sparkled.

She then folded her ears back, even with the sincerity…

She then hung her head a little.

“ i know but I don’t—want to be a issue.” She murmured. She apparently was one to her own pack no matter what—and seeing the stubborn horse behind her well..it felt awkward.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:15 pm

JEHCJSJ-)

Fallon sighed, taking a step forward with a gentle smile on her muzzle:

"Hey- its alright, youre far from an issue. Everybody is an equal to me, youre no different from that. Im sorry that your own pack treats you like trash- really I wish I could change that, but I cant... Im just a fox.

But again, nobody is a burden in our pack-" she leant in with a whisper, "Itll just take some time for Barb to get used to newcomers, its not personal dont worry"

She smiled:

"And im so sorry I didn't get your name-" she began as she turned her gaze towards Amara: "but you are just as welcome too. You both are."
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:29 pm

( THE BABY HTWHTF )

Bakari once she listened to Fallon relaxed a good deal, she honestly felt comforted. Though her eyes widened.

“ how’d you?” She asked, was it really that obvious that she was an omega?

But regardless..she felt touched.

Amara flicked her ears hearing that and debated.

“ your a kind soul and I thank you for the offer.” She reassured softly. “ but I’ve grown used to being on my own, I’ll offer my aid whenever possible though.” She added with a friendly bow. Her front half bending low as she remained seated.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:34 pm

The fox snickered a bit:

"Again. Im a fox. I've been watching the Highlanders for a hot minute, it wasnt that hard to notice you. Plus when you saved my skin ut was pretty obvious... Im sorry-"

She then flicked her ear at Amara's claim, and just gave her a slight head nod in return with a smile:

"Alright- I really appreciate it. Stay safe out there."

She then turned her gaze back to Bakari:

"And my offer still stands. If you would like to join my pack as an equal, you are most welcome. And if not-... I think Ill still see you around heh"
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:05 pm

Amara heard Fallons fair wells and she nodded. “ You as well, names Amara by the way.” She finally responded and stood up only to stretch her legs.

Bakari as she listened felt her heart warm up a good bit, she then nodded at the brief ‘ sorry ‘ moment and kept her eyes on the fox. Only to have a flicker of realization. She didn’t really react too much once she explained she’s been watching them.

Her gaze softened at the offer still standing.

Thank you, and you will don’t worry.” She chuckled warmly. She then perked up only to beam—she remembered the great lion last night. She immediately grew excited as she bounced up and down.

“ hey hey fox lady! Something amazing happened last night!” She said, acting like an excited pup. She already forgot the Fox’s name.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:23 pm

Fallon smiled, until she perked by the naïvety:

"My name is Fallon- and yes yes Im listening, go on" she encouraged, internally giggling at the wolf's childishness
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:35 pm

Bakari blinked “ oh right! Fallon “ she said. She then grinned once she heard that Fallon was indeed listening she then started bouncing around and crouched a few times.

I SAW THE GREAT LION LAST NIGHT MY ENTIRE PACK DID!” She cheered, her tail high and wagging happily.

Amara went wide eyed upon hearing that and her ears perked forward.

“ Sul’khin?” She choked out. He was a rare sight.

Bakari looked over and nodded as she twirled around with a happy bounce. “ Yes he saved me!” She cheered.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Tue Oct 08, 2024 1:05 pm

AWWW THE BABYYY-)

Fallon smiled seeing how excited Bakari got- it warmed her heart and her face had a soft happy expression for her.

Though upon hearing that, she stopped and raised a brow:

"The Great Lion? I thought Su'khin was a myth-..."

Then as she listened on, her smile widened hearing the proof:

"He... he saved you?..." She was baffled, yet inside her own excitement was growing.

He was indeed a very rare sight, some animals never even seeing him at all. The stories of him as Scelms Guardian, fending off even the greatest of animals to defend the city, the peacebringer...

He was very well known and told around about- yet he only made himself known when he deemed it such.

And at the moment, that same pair of golden eyes was watching them all from afar, hidden away within the shadows and upwind of them. He was smart and stealthy.

After all, the Great Lion is an observer. And he had his eyes on the fox.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Oct 08, 2024 1:33 pm

( AAAAA I L O V E THAT POSTTT )

Bakari shook her head.

“ he’s not a myth! I swear on the stars!” She grinned “ ask anyone of my pack! Even Ayabu! They all saw him!” She beamed as she twirled around.

She saw the happy look on Fallons face and it made her even more happy.

“ oh right—yeah I—had a trial thingy no biggy.” She shrugged, again the big half healed gash on her chest was a testament to the ‘ no biggy ‘. She could’ve died last night…

Amara’s gaze grew concerned-she knew she helped her yesterday-but still. She couldn’t help but feel some sort of anger at that thought..

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Tue Oct 08, 2024 2:29 pm

OEHCKSOSI-)

Fallons brows tilted a bit at that, knowing she couldnt exactly go back there and expect to be welcomed, but she was flattered.

Then- she blinked. No biggy? Her brows furrowed heavily and her face fell. She could feel Amara's anger, which practically fed into her own:

"No- no Bakari, its not a 'no biggy'- you never deserved that- any of that." Her heart sank as she smelled the rawness of the gashes through her fur.

She wasnt there to witness that- frankly she was glad she wasnt. But she knew now that no matter where the wolf would be, that she would keep a watchful eye on her.

Fallon may be just a fox, but shed do anything for anyone in trouble. Especially tose who had difficulty protecting themselves.

She vowed then and there that she would protect Bakari to the best of her ability, no matter what.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Oct 08, 2024 2:52 pm

( THE B A B Y I LOVE HER I LOVE THAT POST. )

Bakari once she listened to that folded her ears side ways..feeling slightly uncomfortable now. She then looked around even though what Fallon had said was…appreciated she still kinda brushed it off.

It was still kind of a sensitive subject for her.

But it was secretly nice knowing others didn’t mind her.

Her brown eyes then landed on the fox.

“ uhm—So! Uhh nice to see you, sorry about the-chaos and yelling …all mannys fault-“ she then glared around, wondering where that little shit went.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:00 pm

KSBXJWHSKJSKSKS-)

Fallon silently sighed, immediatly sensing she was uncomfortable and backed off emotionally, calming herself down into one of gentle sympathy yet again.

She cleared her throat and smiled:

"Yeah, good to actually meet you this time heh... And you as well, Amara"

The fox then turned her gaze towards the omega yet again:

"If you ever need me, come find me. Your nose is much stronger than mine, you have my scent now."

Meanwhile Barbs ears werent pinned anymore. Hearing a little bit of Bakari's story made her pity the wolf- she was also still young too, she was able to tug at the horse's heartstrings a bit
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:21 pm

( A W H )

Bakari listened and she perked her ears up, happy that somebody enjoyed her presence for once, she smiled brightly.

“ oh yeah definitely I can smell you from a mile away.” She reassured with an energetic tone of voice.

Amara looked over at Fallon and dipped her head in a respectful manner. A small smile was seen on her face.

Bakari however—didn’t quite want Fallon to leave just yet—and she didn’t entirely want to go back home either so she stood back up.

“ heyyy uh-m-mind if I tag along right now?” She asked. She then looked towards the horse with a bit of a hopeful look in them.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Tue Oct 08, 2024 4:33 pm

Fallon smiled and nodded:

"Yes- of course! Barb and I are going back to the rest of the pack- I could introduce you?"

"Oh we are arent we?" Barb snarkily commented- still unhappy about this but much less so as her feelings of pity still began to overwhelm those of hatred.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:34 pm

Bakari perked up hearing that and wagged her tail happily.

“ can ya?” She asked. She then heard Barbara’s snarky input and she practically gave the ‘ puppy eye ‘ look. She was not a danger..

Amara herself practically stood up and stretched her legs.

“ Welp-been fun meeting you all, Fallon.” She said as she gave a respectful bow to the fox before turning around and heading off a certain direction.

“ Safe hunting the lot of you.” She said.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:01 pm

Fallon grinned with a chuckle:

"Sure, come along-"

She then paused and turned towards Amara, giving her a genuine smile and returning that slight respectful nod:

"You as well, Amara. Be well."

Fallon then turned her body the other way, yet still keeping her head facing Bakari, only to nod in the direction her body faced:

"You coming?"
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:20 pm

Amara herself smiled as she listened to Fallon and she slunk off into the bush. Her blackish coppery brown tail slinking and slithering in like a snake.

Bakari once she heard all of that perked up and beamed, she then practically burst forward with a happy face as her tongue lolled out only to trip over herself a few times with her paws. She grunted and huffed but she eventually stood up and made it to Fallons side. Again she was so much far from a threat that it wasn’t even funny.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:22 am

PFFASWWWWWW THE BABYYY OMG I CANTTT-)

Fallon giggled internally seeing this as they went on their way back to the others- Bakari, she was so.... childlike. It was adorable quite frankly, though it just made the fox worry for her even more.

Eventually they arrived after  about ten minutes, Barb following behind them a good ways. They came to that little clearing, and Nyra was up and about, supervising the little ones while the other two were off and away. The cubs were rolling about, and the little deer fawn was watching them by Nyra's side, too shy to even try. He was waiting for Barb to get back.

Once they arrived, Nyra perked up and trotted over:

"Where have you two been?! I woke up and both of you were gone"

Fallon snickered as she brought Bakari as well into the light and out of the brush:

"Ran into a familiar face is all- Nyra this is Bakari- Bakari, Nyra-" The cheetah gave a little smile to Bakari, before Fallon continued: "Those two little ones over there are hers- and the little fawn is also ours- poor thing thought the body your pack brought back was its mother and got spooked."

Then Barbara came into the clearing from behind them and towards the little fawn, who scampered right over to her and stuck to her side like glue:

"Andd- you've met Barbara already- Thats all of us, at least for right now"
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:33 pm

( BUGUGYEF IM GLAD U LOVE HER. )

Bakari stuck by Fallon the most, her senses high alert. But once she heard Nyra’s outburst she jolted and her fur immediately bristled out of fear. She then proceeded to relax upon hearing the introductions only for her heart to melt seeing the little ones.

“ OH MY GOD THEYRE ALL SO CUTE!” She squeaked especially when she saw the deer head over to barb. However her heart ached upon hearing the reason. Her jaw dropping slightly.

“ o-oh…oh gosh I didn’t—no i didn’t smell no cubs on that one-it was a random one the huntresses brought in.” She reassured. She then nodded a good few times to show she was listening.

Her heart then ached internally upon seeing Barbara with the faun, she felt a tinge jealous—she then looked over at Nyra and her own cubs and she had a hint of ‘ green ‘ in her eyes.

Her own parents didn’t want her—so she was gonna feel extremely awkward here.

She just kinda fell silent as she was lost in thought.

Checkmate
Checkmate

soapster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum