The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argon Medical Facility

2 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Argon Medical Facility Empty Argon Medical Facility

Post by Bumblebee Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:08 am

[Feel free to post!]

Charaters: Chris [Firewall] cmdr_Pavel [Firewall] Dyson [Firewall] Amber [Firewall]
See ya!
Bumblebee
Bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Argon Medical Facility Empty Re: Argon Medical Facility

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:54 pm

Beck had come as soon as he'd heard. Granted, it wasn't until Tron had told him, and that had been about a cycle after the accident.

Paige had been seemingly attacked by one of her own. The medics had told him that she'd been shocked by a firewall's prod staff, directly over her heart. It caused her to become unresponsive for several micros, and now she was being held here while she recovered.

His hands were firmly laced together as he sat hunched over in the waiting room, brow furrowed and damp with cold sweat. He ran one hand across it and breathed an exhale, rubbing his temples with his thumb and forefinger before returning to his original position. He checked the clock on the wall for the hundredth time, worried that they'd forgotten about him, when a nurse called his name and let him know he was able to enter now.

He stood up in a flash and thanked the nurse, making his way into the room where Paige was recovering.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:05 pm

Beck wrote:Beck had come as soon as he'd heard. Granted, it wasn't until Tron had told him, and that had been about a cycle after the accident.

Paige had been seemingly attacked by one of her own. The medics had told him that she'd been shocked by a firewall's prod staff, directly over her heart. It caused her to become unresponsive for several micros, and now she was being held here while she recovered.

His hands were firmly laced together as he sat hunched over in the waiting room, brow furrowed and damp with cold sweat. He ran one hand across it and breathed an exhale, rubbing his temples with his thumb and forefinger before returning to his original position. He checked the clock on the wall for the hundredth time, worried that they'd forgotten about him, when a nurse called his name and let him know he was able to enter now.

He stood up in a flash and thanked the nurse, making his way into the room where Paige was recovering.

Paige was still unconscious, at least for now.

The edges of the electrical burn peeked out just beyond the collar of her gown.

Her body was still. The only movement she made was the rhythmic in-- and out-- of her diaphragm, letting those around her know she was still breathing. Yes, still-- even after what had happened. An honest accident, but its effects lingered even now.

Ironic... the medic was now the patient.

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:15 pm

cmdR_Paige wrote:
Paige was still unconscious, at least for now.

The edges of the electrical burn peeked out just beyond the collar of her gown.

Her body was still. The only movement she made was the rhythmic in-- and out-- of her diaphragm, letting those around her know she was still breathing. Yes, still-- even after what had happened. An honest accident, but its effects lingered even now.

Ironic... the medic was now the patient.

Beck stood on the threshold, then slowly made his way into the room. He was unable to form words at the moment. Not that he'd need to speak.

He closed the door behind him and drew a chair up next to the unconscious commander. Even in this state... she was still so beautiful. So strong, and yet so kind...

She looked peaceful... that was good, he supposed. He waited until he knew she was asleep before gingerly taking her hand into his.

He held it close to his face, and he closed his eyes tightly. Her skin was cold... it made her seem lifeless. The only thing telling him she was alive were the bedside monitors.

I wish I could tell you how much this tears me apart... to see you like this. He gripped Paige's hand in frustration and sadness. I wish I could tell you how I feel... he said internally. How I really feel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:35 pm

Beck wrote:Beck stood on the threshold, then slowly made his way into the room. He was unable to form words at the moment. Not that he'd need to speak.

He closed the door behind him and drew a chair up next to the unconscious commander. Even in this state... she was still so beautiful. So strong, and yet so kind...

She looked peaceful... that was good, he supposed. He waited until he knew she was asleep before gingerly taking her hand into his.

He held it close to his face, and he closed his eyes tightly. Her skin was cold... it made her seem lifeless. The only thing telling him she was alive were the bedside monitors.

I wish I could tell you how much this tears me apart... to see you like this. He gripped Paige's hand in frustration and sadness. I wish I could tell you how I feel... he said internally. How I really feel.

Paige stirred slightly, coming out of the depths of unconsciousness, but only a little. Her eyelids fluttered a bit-- they felt heavy and stuck together.

She inhaled sharply upon waking up, and her gaze flicked over to where Beck was sitting. She said nothing, but it appeared that tears were welling in her eyes.

He came for her.

She tried to smile. She squeezed Beck's hand, but her eyes fell closed again.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:42 pm

cmdR_Paige wrote:Paige stirred slightly, coming out of the depths of unconsciousness, but only a little. Her eyelids fluttered a bit-- they felt heavy and stuck together.

She inhaled sharply upon waking up, and her gaze flicked over to where Beck was sitting. She said nothing, but it appeared that tears were welling in her eyes.

He came for her.

She tried to smile. She squeezed Beck's hand, but her eyes fell closed again.

"Oh, Paige--" that was all he could say before his throat closed up and he choked on his words. He shut his eyes and furrowed his brow in both anger and grief, clutching Paige's hand as if she would fall to her death if he didn't. "Paige, I-I'm so sorry..." Tears burned in his eyes, but he couldn't let them escape... not here, not now. It wasn't right. He was stronger than this... wasn't he?

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:01 pm

Beck wrote:"Oh, Paige--" that was all he could say before his throat closed up and he choked on his words. He shut his eyes and furrowed his brow in both anger and grief, clutching Paige's hand as if she would fall to her death if he didn't. "Paige, I-I'm so sorry..." Tears burned in his eyes, but he couldn't let them escape... not here, not now. It wasn't right. He was stronger than this... wasn't he?

Paige slowly turned her head to face him, strength gradually returning. "Beck..." she whispered, reaching up to touch his face. "Thank you... for being here for me." She noticed the glint in his tear ducts, and her heart melted. He was... he was crying. Or at least, very close to doing so.

He had such a good heart... he always tried to do the right thing, even when it hurt. Even in light of what the Renegade had done to his city... and what she herself had done, as an Occupation soldier, and even as a significant other. She'd wounded him before... and yet here he was.

He was here... when she needed him the most.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:18 am

cmdR_Paige wrote:
Paige slowly turned her head to face him, strength gradually returning. "Beck..." she whispered, reaching up to touch his face. "Thank you... for being here for me." She noticed the glint in his tear ducts, and her heart melted. He was... he was crying. Or at least, very close to doing so.

He had such a good heart... he always tried to do the right thing, even when it hurt. Even in light of what the Renegade had done to his city... and what she herself had done, as an Occupation soldier, and even as a significant other. She'd wounded him before... and yet here he was.

He was here... when she needed him the most.
Her touch was what did him in. A single boiling tear streaked down his face, and he gritted his teeth in embarrassment and anger. "Who... who did this to you?" he growled, voice breaking with emotion. He wouldn't let that criminal, whoever it was, get out of this unscathed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:29 pm

Beck wrote:
Her touch was what did him in. A single boiling tear streaked down his face, and he gritted his teeth in embarrassment and anger. "Who... who did this to you?" he growled, voice breaking with emotion. He wouldn't let that criminal, whoever it was, get out of this unscathed.
"Beck, it's okay... you can let it out here. I won't judge you..." Paige brushed the tear away with her thumb. "It was one of my soldiers. The medics tell me he immediately called emergency services and... he performed CPR while he waited for them to arrive. I think if he wanted to derez me, he would have left me there."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:38 pm

cmdR_Paige wrote:"Beck, it's okay... you can let it out here. I won't judge you..." Paige brushed the tear away with her thumb. "It was one of my soldiers. The medics tell me he immediately called emergency services and... he performed CPR while he waited for them to arrive. I think if he wanted to derez me, he would have left me there."

An accident? "How do you know he didn't do that to cover his tracks? Make it just... look like an accident?" At his core, he knew she was probably right. Paige wouldn't lie to him. At least, not in this situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:45 pm

Beck wrote:
An accident? "How do you know he didn't do that to cover his tracks? Make it just... look like an accident?" At his core, he knew she was probably right. Paige wouldn't lie to him. At least, not in this situation.

"Because I've seen a lot of messed up stuff in my runtime, and I don't think he wanted to derez me. I know you don't want to kill programs, Beck." Like the Renegade. Strange. "Just let it go this one time... for me?"

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:51 pm

cmdR_Paige wrote:
"Because I've seen a lot of messed up stuff in my runtime, and I don't think he wanted to derez me. I know you don't want to kill programs, Beck." Like the Renegade. Strange. "Just let it go this one time... for me?"

Beck gave her a silent nod. Fine. For now, at least. "How are you feeling?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:52 pm

Beck wrote:
cmdR_Paige wrote:

Beck gave her a silent nod. Fine. For now, at least. "How are you feeling?"

"Better. They said I'd be able to go home by this evening. Of course, that was after I yelled at them a bit." Paige gave him a wry smirk. "Nothing keeps me down for long."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:24 pm

@Bumblebee

Skye hadn't left Chris' side, despite the fact many of the doctors had asked her to keep her distance. They couldn't keep her away. Not now.

They'd gotten him to a relatively stable condition by now, but he was still unconscious, as far as Skye knew. She sat with her knees tucked up, feet on the chair, and held Chris' right hand close to her chest. She could feel his heartbeat, and see him breathing, but that was the only way she could tell he was alive.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumblebee Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:42 pm

cmdR_Paige wrote:
@Bumblebee

Skye hadn't left Chris's side, despite the fact many of the doctors had asked her to keep her distance. They couldn't keep her away. Not now.

They'd gotten him to a relatively stable condition by now, but he was still unconscious, as far as Skye knew. She sat with her knees tucked up, feet on the chair, and held Chris' right hand close to her chest. She could feel his heartbeat and see him breathing, but that was the only way she could tell he was alive.

Chris was still unconscious. He was going to be for a long time. His breathing was steady, it wasn't too fast nor too slow. The part of his left that was torn off wasn't doing so well. It was slightly infected, considering the way it was ripped off. Tiny shards of glass were in it, which didn't help it at all.

Charaters: Chris [Firewall] cmdr_Pavel [Firewall] Dyson [Firewall] Amber [Firewall]
See ya!
Bumblebee
Bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:03 pm

Bumblebee wrote:Chris was still unconscious. He was going to be for a long time. His breathing was steady, it wasn't too fast nor too slow. The part of his left that was torn off wasn't doing so well. It was slightly infected, considering the way it was ripped off. Tiny shards of glass were in it, which didn't help it at all.

Skye wasn't sure what to say. She just.. didn't know what to tell him. She sort of just... pushed herself to say something, uncomfortable in the silence.

"I'm sorry I asked to go outside," she whispered. "If I hadn't.. i-if I hadn't said anything, we would've been safe. You never would have ended up like.. this..."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumblebee Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:19 pm

cmdR_Paige wrote:
Bumblebee wrote:Chris was still unconscious. He was going to be for a long time. His breathing was steady, it wasn't too fast nor too slow. The part of his left that was torn off wasn't doing so well. It was slightly infected, considering the way it was ripped off. Tiny shards of glass were in it, which didn't help it at all.

Skye wasn't sure what to say. She just.. didn't know what to tell him. She sort of just... pushed herself to say something, uncomfortable in the silence.

"I'm sorry I asked to go outside," she whispered. "If I hadn't.. i-if I hadn't said anything, we would've been safe. You never would have ended up like.. this..."
Chris's head turned to the side. His left hand gently squeezed Skye's hand, but that was it. Just a small squeeze. His body was still heavily injuryed, it would take a few cycles for him to be fully healed up. He wanted to wake up, tell Skye that it was going to be okay. But he couldn't. Just couldn't.

See ya!
Bumblebee
Bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:38 pm

Bumblebee wrote:Chris's head turned to the side. His left hand gently squeezed Skye's hand, but that was it. Just a small squeeze. His body was still heavily injured, it would take a few cycles for him to be fully healed up. He wanted to wake up, tell Skye that it was going to be okay. But he couldn't. Just couldn't.

Skye only broke down and cried. This was her fault... she never should have said anything. She should have stayed inside with him. Then they wouldn't have gone out and seen Pavel. Chris would have been safe. It barely mattered that Pavel was gone.. not when Chris was in this kind of situation. "I'm so sorry..." she breathed, between ragged sobs. "I wish I could just talk to you and know you can hear me.. but I just--" her voice broke. "I don't deserve you, Chris. I never did. More importantly, you don't deserve to suffer because of me. But here you are.. stuck here because of me."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumblebee Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:42 pm

cmdR_Paige wrote:
Bumblebee wrote:Chris's head turned to the side. His left hand gently squeezed Skye's hand, but that was it. Just a small squeeze. His body was still heavily injured, it would take a few cycles for him to be fully healed up. He wanted to wake up, tell Skye that it was going to be okay. But he couldn't. Just couldn't.

Skye only broke down and cried. This was her fault... she never should have said anything. She should have stayed inside with him. Then they wouldn't have gone out and seen Pavel. Chris would have been safe. It barely mattered that Pavel was gone.. not when Chris was in this kind of situation. "I'm so sorry..." she breathed, between ragged sobs. "I wish I could just talk to you and know you can hear me.. but I just--" her voice broke. "I don't deserve you, Chris. I never did. More importantly, you don't deserve to suffer because of me. But here you are.. stuck here because of me."

"Skye... I told you not to say those bad things about yourself... You... Promised me you wouldn't... " Silence. "Skye... You know you deserve me... " Chris's body hurt so much, he couldn't say anymore. He had forced himself to wake up, just so he could talk to Skye for a moment.

See ya!
Bumblebee
Bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:01 pm

Bumblebee wrote:"Skye... I told you not to say those bad things about yourself... You... Promised me you wouldn't... " Silence. "Skye... You know you deserve me... " Chris's body hurt so much, he couldn't say anymore. He had forced himself to wake up, just so he could talk to Skye for a moment.

A moment of silent shock went by before she spoke again. "But I did this to you! This... th-this is all my fault! I never should have--" She dropped her head, tears pouring down her face. "I don't know if you can forgive me.. but I want you to know that I'm sorry."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumblebee Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:17 pm

cmdR_Paige wrote:
Bumblebee wrote:"Skye... I told you not to say those bad things about yourself... You... Promised me you wouldn't... " Silence. "Skye... You know you deserve me... " Chris's body hurt so much, he couldn't say anymore. He had forced himself to wake up, just so he could talk to Skye for a moment.

A moment of silent shock went by before she spoke again. "But I did this to you! This... th-this is all my fault! I never should have--" She dropped her head, tears pouring down her face. "I don't know if you can forgive me.. but I want you to know that I'm sorry."
His body ached so much, but he needed to tell Skye something. "Skye, I forgive you." A shot of pain went through him and he kept from crying out. "I forgive you. Please don't cry, okay?" He was looking at Skye, even when his body told him not to. It hurt so so much, but he could get through it. Just for a short while.

See ya!
Bumblebee
Bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:35 pm

Bumblebee wrote:His body ached so much, but he needed to tell Skye something. "Skye, I forgive you." A shot of pain went through him and he kept from crying out. "I forgive you. Please don't cry, okay?" He was looking at Skye, even when his body told him not to. It hurt so so much, but he could get through it. Just for a short while.

Skye tried to get a hold of herself. "Okay, okay-- I'm sorry--" she kept repeating the second phrase, voice barely over a whisper. "I'm trying not to, I swear, I just can't.." She forced herself to look at him. Her eyes were bloodshot, and the greenish hue they normally reflected was absent, making them look hazy and dull.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumblebee Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:45 pm

cmdR_Paige wrote:
Bumblebee wrote:His body ached so much, but he needed to tell Skye something. "Skye, I forgive you." A shot of pain went through him and he kept from crying out. "I forgive you. Please don't cry, okay?" He was looking at Skye, even when his body told him not to. It hurt so so much, but he could get through it. Just for a short while.

Skye tried to get a hold of herself. "Okay, okay-- I'm sorry--" she kept repeating the second phrase, voice barely over a whisper. "I'm trying not to, I swear, I just can't.." She forced herself to look at him. Her eyes were bloodshot, and the greenish hue they normally reflected was absent, making them look hazy and dull.
"Skye-" A moment of pain went through him, and he closed his eyes shut to try and deal with the pain. Small sounds of pain came from Chris, he was in a lot of pain just from talking. He opened his eyes to talk to Skye. "Skye... I won't have long until the pain overwhelms me, but I need you to know something. I'll be fine. And, I love you more than anything. You got that? I love you so so much." The pain was unbearable. He shut his eyes, the pain putting him back into unconsciousness.

See ya!
Bumblebee
Bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:57 pm

Bumblebee wrote:"Skye-" A moment of pain went through him, and he closed his eyes shut to try and deal with the pain. Small sounds of pain came from Chris, he was in a lot of pain just from talking. He opened his eyes to talk to Skye. "Skye... I won't have long until the pain overwhelms me, but I need you to know something. I'll be fine. And, I love you more than anything. You got that? I love you so so much." The pain was unbearable. He shut his eyes, the pain putting him back into unconsciousness.

Skye squeezed his hand and hung her head, going silent when he drifted off. "I love you too..."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumblebee Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:17 pm

cmdR_Paige wrote:
Bumblebee wrote:"Skye-" A moment of pain went through him, and he closed his eyes shut to try and deal with the pain. Small sounds of pain came from Chris, he was in a lot of pain just from talking. He opened his eyes to talk to Skye. "Skye... I won't have long until the pain overwhelms me, but I need you to know something. I'll be fine. And, I love you more than anything. You got that? I love you so so much." The pain was unbearable. He shut his eyes, the pain putting him back into unconsciousness.

Skye squeezed his hand and hung her head, going silent when he drifted off. "I love you too..."
[[i don't know what to do now
Chris be sleepy boi]

See ya!
Bumblebee
Bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum