The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meta Runner (RP)

2 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Meta Runner (RP) - Page 39 Empty Meta Runner (RP)

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

[deleted]

Back to top Go down

Meta Runner (RP) - Page 39 Empty Re: Meta Runner (RP)

Post by Skye Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:07 pm

( true that pfftt)

that's how demons be tho)

Sofia exhaled through her nose and nodded.

Skye cradled the injured ankle and cleaned the wound the best she could, making sure to be careful.

Then, slowly, she wrapped it, holding it up just a bit so the swelling would go down.

"Let's get you to the couch," Skye whispered, glancing at Sofia, then Tari. "Gotta ice and elevate."

Theo gulped. "Is it broken?"

"F-feels like it," Sofia winced, tears streaking down her face.

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Checkmate liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:18 pm

( indeed lol )

Tari frowned at that and nodded, she feared that the bone might even be misplaced. God it hurt seeing Sofia like this...it was..different. Odd...and yet it made it even more so to keep Sofia safe. Meaning, protection mode was on ten times more.

“ Shit “ she hissed in a worried tone. “ okay, we’re gonna carry you now alright? Skye can you get her lower half?” Tari asked.

We might need the hospital for this I dunno....I don’t want anything else going wrong in the process.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:36 pm

Skye nodded, gingerly picking Sofia's other half off the floor.

Sofia squeaked at first, but let it happen, knowing that the two of them were trying to help. She just felt weird being on the receiving end for once.

Theo went to grab pillows and blankets. "Should I get the ducks?" he called.

"Let's wait on those--" Skye grunted.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:51 pm

( AWW ACK )

Tari picked Sofia up as Skye did, moving to the couch.

Easy does it, Eassyyy does it.

“ Easy does it-“ she grunted “ it’s okay, we got you...we got you. Skye, think a hospital is needed for this?...I just wanna be sure “ she asked.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:56 pm

"I mean I can... I-I could use the X-ray machine I've got, but that's... that's all the way back at the... that's all the way back at..." Sofia whimpered.

"Shhhh, sh-shh-- just take it easy," Skye warned, moving as carefully as possible. "We'll check to see if it's bad after we ice and elevate it a bit. Then we can determine if we have to take her in."

"You're not gonna crunch it, are you?" Sofia choked out, eyes widening in fear.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:07 pm

Tari went wide eyed, her heart sinking. She had a feeling it was related to Sofia’s old job as a decomissioner. The fear in her voice broke her heart.

“ No of course not “ she soothed, she was almost to the couch.

“ we won’t do it if we don’t have to. Now like Skye said just take it easy, I’ll even go get the x-ray thingy okay?...you’re in good hands here. “ she soothed/ reassured.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:28 pm

"Mhm," Sofia mumbled, biting her lip again.

"Almost there... Theo, put the pillows down, one for her head, two for her leg," Skye said over her shoulder.

Theo did so and stood to the side, then went to grab another blanket.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:40 pm

Tari said a quick thank you to Theo before gently placing Sofia’s upper half on the pillows. Though as she did, she winced and hissed as she accidentally put a lot of weight on to her charred and burnt flesh hand. Which was still bleeding in the middle of her palm.

After placing Sofia down, she went and held her near blackish brown burnt hand and took a moment. Her hand shaking as she held it by the wrist.

You said you were gonna join me in hell, don’t go back on your promise.

That vultures gaze through the lighters flame still haunted her. She still felt the flame on her face sometimes. She sighed softly. In a way she wanted to fix the hand...and yet...she didn’t want to...like she deserved it.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:45 pm

Skye laid Sofia to rest on the couch and made sure she was settled before turning to look at Tari.

She wrapped an arm around her.

"Baby..." she murmured. "How'd this happen?"

She was going to take Tari to the hospital for that, at the very least. Maybe taking Sofia there was a good idea too.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:52 pm

Tari’s gaze turned to Skye.

“ oh that stupid Lizard...it caught fire as I held it and that’s how I dropped it....I hate that freaking thing. Whatever it is.“ she grumbled. She shook her head and lowered her charred hand. It was limp and was hard to move it, but she could move it just a bit.

“ it’s not important-“ she dismissed and looked back at Sofia. “ .....what else do we need?” She asked Skye.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye and soapster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:58 pm

Skye's eyes widened.

Impossible!

Unless that thing is somehow a glitch in the system?

Damn, that's a stretch...

"Yes, it is important, Tari," Skye said firmly. "We're going to get the both of you looked at. We'll just have to... load everyone into the car and just head down to the hospital..." 

"I don't wanna inconvenience you..." Sofia groaned weakly.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Checkmate and soapster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:12 pm

( ACK-)

Tari huffed at Skye only to look over at Sofia and furrowed her brows.

“ Don’t say that Sof...you arent. We’re getting you to that hospital if it’s the last thing we do. Please don’t beat yourself up over this...besides it’s about damn time somebody took care of you. “ she said firmly in a protective tone of voice. She then glanced back at Skye.

She gave her a look of ‘ I don’t want this to be fixed ‘ with furrowed brows. Besides she could just let it be right? It’ll heal on its own. Though a few drops of blood dripped off her hand and down on to the carpet. It was one of the lesser wounds she’s had.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:16 am

Sofia let out a sad whimper and closed her eyes, defeated.

"Fine..." she breathed. She gave the same treatment to Masa, didn't she?

"Baby, it's discolored the skin. It needs medical attention. Maybe even skin grafting. It's... it reminds me a little of how my burns were," Skye whispered, brows pointed in worry.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:16 am

( AWW ACK-)

Tari furrowed her brows once she heard that, her heart sinking.

She’s really not used to being taken care of is she? The poor thing. Nope that’s it, full caretaker attention once you get back.

Then she looked back at Skye. Her brows furrowed even more in concern, her burns were this bad?....

The AlphaMax fire....Tascorp fire...oh god-

The Bluejay still shook her head.

“ Sofia first. “ she said firmly. “.......and no I don’t, I don’t want this fixed. “ she said as she shoved the discolored hand into her pocket.

Kaine’s gaze flashed in her mind causing her to close her eyes and give a shaky sigh.

Just leave me be...it’s...it’s what I deserve. I’ve gone on a while without some form of punishment anyhow..

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:57 am

( TARI STOP IT LET YOUR WIFE HELP YOUU- )

"Yes, we're taking care of Sofia first, but we're also taking care of you," Skye snapped. She wasn't about to let Tari go on hurting like this. "You remember what I told you about having a peaceful life? Having a safe life?"

She laid gentle hands on Tari's shoulders. "I'm not about to let you suffer, especially when I can help you."

Sofia nodded weakly. "Damn straight..."

"C'mon, give it here," Skye murmured, holding a hand out to take Tari's.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:45 pm

( WEHE )
( BUT ALSO AWWWW ACK )

Tari made a bit of a face at the first part and winced. She wanted it she did! And yet....there was still that tiny little part of her that still felt like she needed to suffer. Kaine was that little part, he’s managed to imprint himself in her mind to the point where he wasn’t gonna leave. Not even after Skye killed him...so it’s safe to say that she knew how Skye felt with him.

She calmed down a bit at Skye placing her hands on her shoulders then looked over at Sofia.

I just- I....I’m still chained by a few things...

Her brows furrowed once she looked into Skye’s eyes. She sighed and slowly took her hand out of her pocket, and slowly handed it over. The charred hand was slightly shaking and curled, her underside bloody.

It was brownish black compared to her peach arm.

“...I’m just...chained by a few things still...” Tari admitted.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:50 pm

( IK MA HEARRRT )

Skye took it into her hands tenderly, examining the wound. "I just don't want it to get infected. Okay?"

She sighed through her nose. "I'm gonna call the hospital. Let's just... let's just sit down and get our bearings." Skye sat down on the couch, leading Tari with her.

Sofia scooted backward just enough to rest her head on the owl's leg.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:04 pm

( UH HUH ACK )
( wanna skip to the wedding after this chunk?)

Tari had sat down beside the other two. Skye’s hand felt nice and soft on hers, it was cool and soothing to the touch.

She eyed the canary and couldn’t help but smile, her jealousy having vanished. Okay that is cute though

The bluejay looked back at the ground and rested her head on Skye’s shoulder.

“ ......your hand feels nice and soft though...” she murmured

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:11 pm

( YESSS
would u like to activate or shall i?
also sofia's recovery time will be about 6-8 weeks based on a google search- )

"Thank you, heh," Skye murmured, voice soft. "Let's get the both of you taken care of, huh?"

Sofia held up one hand in a weak thumbs-up.

Theo brought out the ducks and let one sit on Sofia's chest, then handed the other to Tari.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:14 pm

( E can you? :3 )
( AND OOOF OUCHY- )

Tari just grumbled slightly at that. She was still reluctant but nodded.

Her eyes sparkled at the ducks and she beamed. She went to go hold the one duck wither lesser burnt meta hand.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:36 pm

( E ofc! )
( le activate
* sings *
SOMEBODY'S GETTIN MAAARRIED )

It all came down to this.

The weather was perfect, the decor was perfect, everyone had arrived at a reasonable time, even Sofia. She wore a hover-splint below the pale green dress she'd bought, which thankfully was long enough to hide the injury.

Lucinia had chosen a blue one since Sofia wore green to symbolize Skye, and Belle wore a sleek formal suit. Theo of course was elated to dress up in a fancy suit; this time Skye was able to locate one that fit him easily.

Skye had debated for ages what she and Tari were going to wear. Would they both have suits? Dresses? A suit for one and a dress for the other? It was all way too stressful for the decision that it was.

She was standing at the mirror in the bathroom of the beach house, which they'd rented out for the event, hands pressed on the counter and breathing quick and shallow.

She knew it was coming, she knew for ages, but for some reason, she was terrified.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:51 pm

( AWWWW ACK and YEEEEEEE IT IS TIMEEE )

Tari was standing in one of the rooms of the beach house, looking into the tall mirror. She had actually chosen to do a bluejay like dress with straps on her shoulders. Her brows furrowed.

Her back scars were showing...every wound was showing. She felt naked in a way...

And yet she was so happy! Hell happy Wasnt close enough to what she was feeling. Her heart was racing....and yet like Skye, she felt nervous.

It’s...it’s happening..it’s finally happening. Years of pain...years of running. Oh gosh-

She smiled in a nervous manner and fixed up the blue flower in her hair, it resembled the one she had in ultra jump mania.

You got this...heh oh I’m so happy!....but they’re all gonna be starring at you...I...oh boy..I hope Skyes okay..

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:03 pm

( AA THE BLUEJAY BAB- )

Lucinia knocked on the door and opened it slightly, just enough so Tari could hear her.

"I'm gonna talk to Lamar next, we're all just about ready," she called. "Everybody's here, Theo's helping them to their seats-- Sofia's taking care of Skye. You doing okay?"

----

Skye exhaled slowly and shut her eyes.

Then she looked up again and glanced herself over, mostly to check and see that her outfit was put together right. For her parents' sake, she wore a long, flowing dress, about the same color as Sofia's but a bit lighter. She'd done her hair up for the first time in ages; it was just long enough to fit into the style. She used a glowing hairpin to secure it, shaped a bit like a feather.

Okay...

Showtime.

She left the beach house and walked down to the place they planned to hold the ceremony, linking arms with Sofia to help the latter keep her balance.

Theo tugged on Belle's arm to lead her to her seat, and Skye couldn't help but chuckle.

Strix and Erin had stuck to their word, sitting near the front.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:50 pm

( AWWW, OMG. RIGHT BACK ATCHA MA HEART AAAH )

Tari jolted and let out a startled Yelp. Her eyes widening only to calm down and sigh. Her brows furrowed with a small smile.

Awww heh, I bet Theo’s having fun. And that’s good to hear that Skye’s taken care of. It’s all coming together..

She looked up and over at the door over her shoulder a shy smile was seen.

“ that’s good! And y-yeah I’m just...I’m just nervous..e-everybodies gonna be starring...” Tari admitted. “........I dunno if I can handle that-“ she admitted.

She wasn’t great for spotlight things. Her bluejay dress as customized to look exactly like a bluejays wings would. Having a white crest near her chest area.

—————-

Masa was there as well, he had actually bought his own suit, it was a crimson brown. He was sitting in the front row with a white rose on his chest, you couldn’t tell but he was ecstatic.

Sadly...Teddy Wasnt there, Tari didn’t invite him. But Wren was, she wore a white dress and was sitting in the front row too and was rather interested in Skyes parents.

Lamar was standing off to the sides with a big grin on his face. He wore a black suit and was rather proud of it. He was holding the officiating book. He also had a green necktie.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:00 pm

( AAACK I'M SQUEALING )

"Tari, you know these people," Lucinia chuckled. "Nobody's here to judge you. We're all here to support you. And the love of your life."

She walked in and looked her over, suppressing a happy squeal. "Oh my god, you're stunning! Skye's gonna love this! Did she pick it out, or... has she even seen it?"

—————-

(not me thinking of lamar teasing masa about crying for joy)

Skye gave Lamar a nod, as if saying, We're ready.

Theo darted back to the end of the chairs, grabbing the Meta Rings that Skye had designed. He had designated Bear as the "flower puppy".

Skye
Skye
Commander

Checkmate and soapster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next