The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meta Runner (RP)

3 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Meta Runner (RP) Empty Meta Runner (RP)

Post by Checkmate Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:14 pm

@Pidge

( wanna do a little time skip or no? )

Tari took a deep breath and sighed , now starting to recover as well. " lets a go! " she smiled as she tried to hep brighten up the room. With that she head over to the couch and table.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Meta Runner (RP) Empty Re: Meta Runner (RP)

Post by Skye Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:28 pm

@Checkmate

( sure! )

Skye chuckled at the reference.

Theo followed Tari like a cat meowing for food. He'd definitely be the kind of character to yell until he's not hungry anymore.

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:00 pm

@Pidge 

( le skip )

By now the time was 8:40 and Tari had been in A pretty mellow mood while the group was watching the TV. She let Skye choose the show. " what are we watching again Owl?..." She half yawned from her current lazy mood.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:37 pm

@Checkmate

"Was gonna suggest Blade Runner, but Theo's still awake," Skye whispered. "Unless you wanna send him to bed. If you want him to stay up we can watch something like Tron Legacy or somethin'..."

"I don't wanna go to bed," Theo yawned, flopping over on the couch. "I wanna stay up allll night."

"Heh," Skye laughed, ruffling his hair. "You look really sleepy, bud."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:01 pm

@Pidge
( fourth walllllllll xD )

Tari chuckled at the parrots antics “ yeah I’ll get him settled, I know that look anywhere “ she said as she got up “ cmon captain coconut let’s go , and hey to make it up to you I’ll get you a plushy after work tomorrow “ she smiled.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:12 pm

@Checkmate

"Yayyyyy," Theo cheered sleepily.

"Night buddy," Skye laughed. "Sleep well."

She hoped that maybe she and Tari would be able to spend some more time together..

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:40 pm

@Pidge

After getting that taken care of , the bluejay returned to the living room as she stretched her arms out wide. Wow food could make you tired in an instant. Plopping back down beside skye , she took a sip of her soda to wake herself up a bit. “ okie dokie, parrots in dream land . Ready for some blade running action! “

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumblebee Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:24 am

Pidge wrote:
@Checkmate

"Hm?" Skye hummed, turning to look at her slowly. "Yeah, I'm here."

"Why not? What's it mean?" Theo asked in the background.

@Bumblebee

"Yeah, but you'd be surprised the number of people needs tech down here. Law of supply and demand. Higher demand for a lower price yields a high profit. A high, stable profit. Any more questions before you turn me in?" Sofia spat.

Kaine clenched his clawed fist. "We won't turn you in. At least not to the police station. Most likely to the morgue."
"We aren't going to turn you in. If we wanted to then we would have already done it.' Crystal closed her laptop and looked at Kaine. He was hot when he got mad. "So, I know you have more than just these blue9rints. What else do you sell?"

Charaters: Chris [Firewall] cmdr_Pavel [Firewall] Dyson [Firewall] Amber [Firewall]
See ya!
Bumblebee
Bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:13 pm

@Checkmate
(stand by for owljay cuddles)
(and watch skye spill all the trivia as they watch it)

"Awesome. I'm gonna enjoy tonight as much as possible," Skye grinned. "If you don't mind, um... that is." She snuggled up beside Tari, side pressed against hers. "God, you're so warm," she whispered. "Sorry. It... just feels really nice to be close to you like this."

@Bumblebee

"I'm done talking. You got what you came for. Now get out of here. You're lucky I don't ask for monetary compensation," Sofia spat, trying to appear threatening.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:38 pm

@Pidge
( aW, but also Sof no don't push it ACK *-* )

Taris face warmed up up again when Skye moved close, for some reason she was constantly baffled at how much Skye actually loved her. This was one of those times sadly. Smiling in a goofy manner she moved in as close as she could which probably wasn't much. " I don't mind, and are you obsessed with me owl?~" she half teased half flirted. No ill will intended. 
" heh it's alright, but yeah it does .." She sighed blissfully . 

Some down time was really needed.. Just them. Theo as well but even she had her fill of the kid. Just a tad bit. " ready when you are doc " meaning the movie.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:53 pm

@Checkmate

Obsessed? Yeah, of course... but not in a creepy way like Lucks or Sheridan or Crystal. Yeesh.

"Maybe... "infatuated"," Skye said thoughtfully. "I guess you could say I'm obsessed with you. But... that word brings back memories of Lucks, and.. Uncle David.. and Crystal..." She wrapped her arms around Tari after she hit play on the movie. "It's like a good kind of obsessed... like.. I can't go a day without thinking of you. And my thought process goes way beyond thinking OF you. I think... about you. All about you. Not just how beautiful you are on the outside, but... the idea of... you... just enraptures me in a way that nothing else can. In a way I can't even describe.."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:37 pm

@Pidge

Annnnd Taris heart melted the millionth time this year. Once again she couldn't think of anything to say. To think Skye started out as a fan of hers... Gosh she..she hit the jackpot. Tearing up the bluejay held on to skyes arms as she tried to hug her in this position.

Sniffling " I..im not the best with explaining my feelings sometimes... But, gosh I love you Skye...beyond everything, more then ducks heh, which is why I'm so angry towards him . He hurt the most kind and precious  person on this planet just for kicks and I'm not gonna let that go even though he's in jail by now. I love you, and he crossed so many lines. I've said this once and ill say it again...im yours, and you were never his.  " she didn't know how to say it any other way.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:02 pm

@Checkmate

Skye held onto her, clinging to her form.

I'm hers.

"I'm... yours," she murmured. "I'll always be yours..." she trembled slightly, smiling through the warm tears that rolled down her face. "And I'll protect you with every fiber of my being. I know you'll do the same... but... gosh, I just can't tell you how much..." she hiccupped. "At least, not right now... but.. at least I can tell you a little. It's like... viewing only a snapshot of the night sky... when there's a whole universe out there...

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:38 pm

@Pidge

Tari let the warm glow she felt envelope her, it was peaceful. It was like those bursts of flame she got in her chest every now and then but this was all over. Letting the sweet nothing's sink in ,it filled that half empty space and she was addicted . Buzzing even. 

" I will. Ill do my best. And really??...heh.. Feels like I'm floating in the sky instead of darkness like before when I warped sometimes... " funny that one line " heh, that one line in that song... ' no one in this place, I don't belong here ' well. That's changed ~" she smiled lovingly .

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:23 am

@Checkmate

Skye giggled softly at that, beaming.

"I love you to the moon and back, Tari," she said gently, hugging her. "And I know that we've been through some messed up stuff in the past... but we're here now. Safe... and together. With Theo, with.. Alyx and Max..." she rambled on a bit before a loud "thump" came from the balcony window.

She froze, head darting up. "Sounded like a bird smacking into the glass..." She slowly untangled herself from the position she was in earlier to go investigate. "Don't worry, I'll be right back for cuddles."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:59 am

@Pidge
( SCREECHY . also nice prof pic! Skye but genderbent to me even tho it’s pidge lol )

Taris head jerked the direction of the sound , though she frowned once skye left to go investigate it. She said she’ll be back but the bluejay already missed her. It was cold too and she didn’t care for that as much. Although her own curiosity got to her as well, was it a bird? Although bats were busy at this time of night.

Her gaze drifted from the direction skye had went to the TV only to jolt at the action parts of the movie. Holy coconuts- that’s awful.... um..violent..but cool at the same time? “ what was it? “ she called out after looking back.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:54 am

@Checkmate
( i mean technically skye is a gender neutral name! the more masculine spelling is "sky" lol )

Skye rushed back into the apartment, snatched a towel from the kitchen, then sprinted back to the balcony. One could hear the small, reassuring phrases she kept saying as she bent down and wrapped something in the fabric.

"Nonono shhh... it's okay.. I've got you... shhh-sh-sh... that's it.. just.. lemme-- ack--!"

A squeaky, wailing cry followed by a couple "tik-tiks" came from the bundle, muffled by the folds of the towel. Rusty feathers and small, fluffy talons were the only things visible at the moment.

Skye closed the door to the balcony and cradled the animal in her arms. "Tari, bear with me here..." she said, eyes sparkling. "But I think we have another baby on our hands."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:49 pm

@Pidge
( oh neat! )

Eyes squinting at the commotion for a few seconds only for them to Widen when skye came back in. Is...is that what she thought it was?! Hearing the ticks and squawks the bluejay immediately squealed . A screech owl! She knew what the owl was just from the coloring and sound alone. Rushing over to Skye she tried to take a peek.
“ oh my gosh! It’s so cute . I mean not cuter then ducks but still adorable “ she squealed yep she already had a name in mind. Skye 2 or Skye junior.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:57 pm

@Checkmate

"I know!" Skye squeaked out, using her finger to gently part the owl's feathers and look for possible damage. "I can't tell if it's a female or a male yet, but that's not important right now. What's important is making sure this lil baby gets the treatment they deserve. Could you get the bathtub ready? Make sure it's warm, not hot, um... and get some hydrogen peroxide. I'm not sure what kinds of soaps are safe for owls, but I'm sure I can find something."

She carried the owl like a baby and couldn't help but rock it back and forth. It had calmed down a bit by now, and the clicking had stopped. It still squeaked a little, but not in a frantic way anymore. Mostly in a curious way.

"Theo's going to fwweeeak when he shees youuuu," Skye cooed, holding herself back from nuzzling the owl's face.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:13 pm

@Pidge

Tari gave a nod but she still wanted to cuddle the little screechy as well! And seeing skye like this was also adorable...Gosh darn it. She wanted to cuddle them both. Taking a few longer glances at the actual screech owl, then the human one before dashing toward the bathroom. 

Why are they both so cute ACK! 
The bluejay got the bath ready in no time, also had the peroxide bottle out. She tested the temperature with her hand, not scorching hot and not cold. As a matter of fact it was perfect! 

Turning the water off she head out to the living room. 
" baths ready " she smiled .

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:27 pm

@Checkmate
(just the owl wailing and flapping around in the bath while skye holds it still to wash it off, like a cat pfft)

"Thanks, babe--!" Skye called. "I'm on my way."

She carried the owl into the bathroom and unwrapped it most of the way before gently setting it into the water. She kept her hands around its body to make sure it didn't struggle too much. Despite her efforts to restrain it, the owl splashed around a bit, shaking its rusty head this way and that.

Skye gently told the owl to calm down, and turned her head to avoid getting water on her glasses.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:52 pm

@Pidge
( sky cats -^- )

Tari poked her head in the bathroom with a concerned expression.
“ oh gosh is ....I don’t think skye junior likes the water...” she observed .
“ need any help? I can help “ she offered all the while her gaze was on the scared screechy. Poor thing...

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:10 pm

@Checkmate

"Yeah--" Skye grunted. "Don't worry. It's just because owls aren't usually ones for baths. Cats of the air, you know?"

"Uuuuaaaaahhh!" the owl cried, flapping around a bit.

"Heyheyhey-- it's okay-- shhh..."

Skye scrubbed the hydrogen peroxide water into the owl's feathers to get the bath over with as quickly as possible.

"Doesn't look like it's gotten any serious injuries. Just a few scratches on the talons and maybe a few torn feathers. Nothing a bit of gauze and brushing won't fix."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:22 pm

@Pidge

Tari sighed in relief only to chuckle at the sky cats joke, once skye gave the run down on the damage her worries were at ease.
“ oh good..hopefully it settles down soon. So what should we name it? Heh..already have a name in mind..”

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:25 pm

@Checkmate

"Well if you're picking a name you'll wanna-- hang on..." Skye took a moment to move some feathers around, then grinned up at Tari. "Congratulations, it's a girl."

The owl splashed her again, and Skye flinched. It was almost like a scene out of a cartoon.

"Well I had to know at some point," she told the owl, brow furrowed.

The owl clacked her beak a few times.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next