The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meta Runner (RP)

3 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Meta Runner (RP) Empty Meta Runner (RP)

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:37 pm

@Pidge

Neo was currently sound asleep.

Tari had been released earlier that day wand was just roaming the city , her outfit completely having changed. She was now wearing a red trench coat version of her blue hoodie. Her hair a bit wild looking. Her bruises faded and her other eye was better but it still was grey.

She...wasn’t sure what to do. For now at least. She was currently looking at herself in a window , then looked down at a gloved hand. Her brow furrowed a bit as some of her old self poked through. Skye....

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Meta Runner (RP) Empty Re: Meta Runner (RP)

Post by Skye Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:11 pm

@Checkmate

Sheridan soared between the buildings, perching on a lightpost.

He glared down at Tari curiously, then let out a loud, guttural "CAWWW, CAW CAW!"

Here's hoping she would catch the hint.

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:21 pm

@Pidge

Tari blinked a bit and whipped her head around to look at Sheridan, she’s not forgotten about all of them. Curiosity kicking in “.....what is it dock?” Her voice a tad bit deep. However the tiny bit that was left of her smacked her mentally, as if trying to get Cardinal on the same page which worked. Eyes widening “ CRACKERJACK “ she yelled at the realization and ran back to the apartment .

I nearly forgotten! Oh gosh...I swear if they keep me from this dammit.. the police had given back her ring as well. She was definetly still wearing it.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:38 pm

@Checkmate

Sheridan chuckled to himself. There we go.

-----

Skye waited for Tari's return the best she could. Sofia dropped Theo off at the apartment, along with a few groceries, an hour or so ago, and Skye was taking care of him now.

Thankfully Neo was asleep... things hadn't been easy for her.

She was curled up on the couch, holding one of Neo's tiny hands and gazing out the balcony door.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:44 pm

@Pidge

Neo unconsciously cuddled closer and let out a few cries only to settle down again . His tiny body rising and falling.

Tari was standing outside of the door, taking a deep breath, she used the key she had when they arrested her that day and opened the door. Only to stop dead in her tracks seeing her and Neo. This....seemed to help a great deal with her problem. “.....d-darling?...” her voice low and somewhat pained with regrets.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:59 pm

@Checkmate

Skye heard the door open and felt a rush of adrenaline course through her.

She shot up off the couch and whirled around to look at Tari, eyes wide. "Oh my god.." she took a few strides towards her, trying to take in the moment the best she could.

Theo, disregarding the whole "baby's sleeping, don't run around the house" thing, sprinted out to the living room and froze in his tracks when he saw her again.

"Tari?" he asked, a bit confused by her appearance.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:14 pm

@Pidge

Tari was speechless at the moment, only to wince . ...what have I done... she thought as her heart began to massively hurt from this. There was still a chance yet . “.....is...is that?...she told me about” She asked her voice breaking a touch. She glanced at Theo “....” Cardinal wasn’t so sure how to address to him yet.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:21 pm

@Checkmate

"Yeah," Skye whispered, getting a bit emotional now. Despite the circumstances, she was beginning to smile. "You wanna meet 'im?"

She walked over to Neo, gingerly pulling a blanket around him and gathering the bundle into her arms. After making sure he was settled, she took a few slow steps over to Tari.

Theo said nothing for the time being, just sort of watching the scene play out.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:56 pm

@Pidge

Tari walked over as well and shut the door. Her eye beginning to water up “ y-yeah I would..” she said with a small smile. Pretty soon she was beside Skye looking down at Neo , her motherly instincts kicking back in. “ they’re beautiful...what’s their name?” She choked out.

Neo woke up at that moment and yawned, his eyes exactly like Skye’s. He looked up at Skye for a while then Tari.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:14 pm

@Checkmate

"Neo. Neo David Weaver," Skye said softly, biting her lip to keep from bursting into tears of joy. "I-it means.. new beginnings.." she explained. "And.. no, I didn't name him after the guy from The Matrix, heh.. but I did give him the middle name David... in honor of you-know-who."

"He's.. about four months old now.." she chuckled softly. "God, I wish you could've been there... you.. you would've really loved it." She blinked, sniffing. "S-Sofia got some photos of him the day of.. if you wanna see."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:27 pm

@Pidge

Tari smiled softly “ p-perhaps later...and it’s a lovely name “ she nodded. She took another glance at Neo only to smile wider “he’s got your eyes..and I’m sorry I wasn’t...”

Neo caught Tari’s gaze only to burst out crying for some reason. He didn’t like her and thought she was scary.

This caught Tari off guard and backed up a ton , her eyes wide not knowing what she did wrong “ I...I’m sorry...” Cardinal was getting a good dose of reality from this .

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:36 pm

@Checkmate

"Nooo, shhh.." Skye soothed, rocking Neo in her arms. "Neo, that's your mama.. that's Tari.."

She sighed heavily. "I used to hate the sound of babies crying.. gives me so much anxiety.. now I'm just.. too tired to be scared of it."

"He cries at everything," Theo shrugged. "So where'd you go for vacation?" he asked Tari, actually walking up to her now.

Skye tried her best to console Neo, swaying back and forth with him.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:47 pm

@Pidge

Tari just nodded to Skye however when Theo spoke . She just flat out said it. Tari would’ve lied....however Cardinal was more of the brutal truth. Tari does tell the truth but lies to keep the bad things away. Scoffing a tad bit “ is that what they told you?...vacation? I’m not gonna lie to you kid, I went to prison. Quite the fancy way of saying prison if I say so myself, hell I wish I went on a vacation “ she cackled .

Neo’s crying eventually died down and was calm once more.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:07 pm

@Checkmate

"PRISON?!" Theo cried. Skye shushed him.

"Why were you in prison?!" Theo asked, clearly worried. "You wouldn't do anything like that! There must've been a mistake!"

Skye realized that Theo still didn't know that the fires were Tari's fault, either. For all Theo knew, this was the first offense.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:16 pm

@Pidge

Sighing , Tari knelt down in front  of him . Her entire aura holding no lie’s to it or deceiving . “ they made no mistake kid. Because the fires were my fault, this time I tried to kill a man who was evil. In defense for us. And no, Tari wouldn’t..but I would “ she smiled a bit darkly but it was also in a caring manner. She had her own twisted sense of things.

Neo also made a concerned sounding whine.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:05 pm

@Checkmate

"No.. you're.. you're Tari," Theo said softly, clearly unsettled. "What're you talking about..?"

Skye kept holding Neo, green eyes clouded with fatigue and depression. Her face and body appeared sunken-- sullen and grey. Even after the four months that had passed, she was still in recovery.

"Bluejay," Skye began, quietly. "Speak gently to him.."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:36 pm

@Pidge

Tari sighed and stood up looking over at Skye. Cardinal didn’t know how to be gentle . This was as gentle as she could manage.
“ I’m trying...this is as gentle as I can be darling.....I’m not lying either ...” she huffed out. Taking a moment she looked over Skye even more concern beginning to show “.....you ok cupcake?....” she asked. Yes Cardinal was gonna give her nicknames too.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:46 pm

@Checkmate

Skye shifted her weight. "Um.. a-are you hungry? Sofia just brought some groceries over.."

"The ducks are way bigger now," Theo said, trying to change the subject.

Skye blinked. "And.. cupcake..?" she remarked. "That's new.. why'd you choose that?"

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:40 pm

@Pidge

Blinking “ cuz you’re sweet ...like a cupcake..I can see why she loves you “ Tari smiled softly. Her stomach rumbled and placed a hand on it “ god yes...I’m starving...” her eyes widened and she beamed. Cardinal or Tari they both loved ducks . “ really?! They are?!” She beamed at Theo.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:03 pm

@Checkmate
(skye's like
shoot do i have to propose to cardinal too?)

"Okay then. I'll make some miso soup," Skye offered, sighing. "Something's.. telling me that Neo needs a bit of food himself. So.. gimme a sec.." She carried Neo back into the newly furnished 'baby room', and took care of him while Theo occupied Tari.

Max and Alyx were full-grown now, and in fact, Alyx had turned out to be a girl, and... unfortunately Max was a boy. So now, the two of them had spawned a nest full of ducklings-- which Athena had to be kept far away from, Theo explained.

"Skye said that Athena would make them into nuggets," he shuddered.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:35 pm

@Pidge

( aW )

Neo was satisfied with the food and eventually fell asleep again out of boredom and some exhaustion.

Tari made a face of shock at the Athena bit “ gosh I’m glad she did...AND OH MY GOSH THATS STILL ADORABLE “ she squealed . “ can I see please?” She smiled brightly .

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:45 pm

@Checkmate

Theo opened the box to show her-- they'd brought forth a total of five ducklings.

"They're still pretty little.. I was hoping you could help me name 'em?" Theo admitted. "I mean... I had lots of ideas but I couldn't decide on any of them..."

Skye walked back out to the kitchen and started on the soup, boiling some eggs, and preparing the noodles.

She chopped up a few shoots of bamboo, adding them to the mix. That was her secret ingredient-- she really couldn't pass it up.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:10 pm

@Pidge

Tari practically melted from the cuteness overload and she got to her knees. Scooping one of ducklings up and cradling it. Heck she felt like crying from the sight alone. “ yeah ! I’d love to...uhm...” she tried to think.

“ chip...Bennett...Archibald ...Five..ohh...mango?” She listed off.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:26 pm

@Checkmate

Skye felt her heart warm at the sound of Tari's voice. At least... there was some hope left.. right?

She felt weird hearing Tari's... deep, growly, "Cardinal" voice shift suddenly to normal Bluejay Tari...

"Ooh, I like all of those!" Theo grinned. "This one can be Archibald, and this one-" he continued with the others.

Skye glanced over her shoulder at them curiously.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:34 pm

@Pidge

Tari nodded at all of Theo’s suggestions “ yeah! “ she beamed and she held up the last duckling gently . “ This one can be one of your names and that one!” She gestured to the fourth duckling . PRECIOUS BABIES OH MY GOSH MUST PROTECT

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next