The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meta Runner (RP)

3 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Meta Runner (RP) - Page 2 Empty Meta Runner (RP)

Post by Checkmate Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

@Pidge

Neo was currently sound asleep.

Tari had been released earlier that day wand was just roaming the city , her outfit completely having changed. She was now wearing a red trench coat version of her blue hoodie. Her hair a bit wild looking. Her bruises faded and her other eye was better but it still was grey.

She...wasn’t sure what to do. For now at least. She was currently looking at herself in a window , then looked down at a gloved hand. Her brow furrowed a bit as some of her old self poked through. Skye....

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Meta Runner (RP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Meta Runner (RP)

Post by Skye Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:08 am

@Checkmate
(smol post)

"Let's call him Mario," Theo nodded triumphantly.

Skye laughed a little at that.

"Dinner's in 20 minutes, guys."

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:26 am

@Pidge

“YES! And the other could be Luigi !”Tari beamed once more as she sat the duckling down. Looking over her shoulder in Skye’s direction she gave a nod.
“ gotcha “ her stomach rumbled smelling it “ man I’ve been craving that every day...it smells great.” I need some real food darn it..

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:06 am

@Checkmate

"And it's perfect because they're brothers, too," Theo giggled. "So.. how was the jail? Was it boring..? Scary?"

"Theo, Tari might not want to talk about that," Skye warned, in a tired voice.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:35 am

@Pidge

Skye was right..Tari didn’t really wanna talk about it. Her expression fell
“ I’d rather pass kid...just...don’t ever end up in there ok?” She said her expression more of a caring ish one. She did her best to keep the memories from popping up and ruining everything. Looking back at Skye “ you sure you’re ok darling?” Tari asked with suspicion.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:54 pm

@Checkmate

Skye decided the best thing to do was keep from telling Tari everything. She needed to wait till the time was right.

She breathed a heavy sigh. "I'm okay," she mumbled, finishing up the things she needed to do for the food.

"Dinner smells good," Theo said over his shoulder.

"Thanks, bud.."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:05 pm

@Pidge

Somethings not right...perhaps she’s just tired?..but she won’t leave me alone with this .. Tari left the ducks and stood up only to stride over to Skye. She opened her mouth to speak but couldn’t find the words so she figured it be best to leave it alone. Hesitantly Cardinal stood beside Skye and leant against the counter.

“ you’ll get some sleep after this yeah?” Her tone taking on a bit of concern.

Thankfully Neo was still fast asleep so they wouldn’t have to worry bout him.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:49 pm

@Checkmate

"Eventually," Skye admitted. "It's just been.. kinda hard for me.. lately..."

She began assembling two bowls of miso soup, one for Tari, and the other for Theo.

"Being a mom is.. harder than I expected it was gonna be. And.. I missed you.." she whispered. "I mean I had Sofia, but... hiding Neo, and.. Sheridan.. it's just been really.. exhausting. I feel like I'm made of paper.. and my head's been killing me.. and apparently post-partum depression is a thing.."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:01 pm

@Pidge

( NU-)

Tari’s eyes widened at that and her stomach sank. Oh gosh..I was right..something was wrong .. . She didn’t know how to ..go about this fully. But..she was definitely angry..more so in a caring fashion but still. “...looks like setting the city on fire is gonna have to wait ..” she whispered in shock.

Huffing “ I’m not having this....I...if...you’ll let me..ill help you. I may not be her but...I’m not gonna let this happen..and I know it’s weird ...but there’s one part of me that won’t let me leave this alone “ she admitted.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:59 pm

@Checkmate

( ack )

"You keep talking about yourself like you're a separate entity from the woman I know and love," Skye gritted her teeth. "Why are you.. what's going on in your head right now? Why are you.. talking like that?"

She looked at Tari with fear and confusion in her eyes. She wanted to solve this.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:39 pm

@Pidge

Tari was frozen,  her eyes showing a hidden pain. Didn’t she hear the conversation with Belle that one time? She must’ve forgotten. She was silent for a long while “ don’t you remember from before?..I’m Cardinal..and I am completely different..and well Belle said something bout split personality ...” she shrugged. Shaking her head “....let’s not talk about this right now...and besides seeing all of this...put things into perspective aight?...so I wanna help..” she explained.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:08 pm

@Checkmate

"No," Skye sighed. "Tari, it was over year ago," she stated, setting down the ladle angrily. A moment passed, and the anger just melted into a weak, pained grimace. She rubbed her temples with one thumb and forefinger.

"My head's killing me.." she muttered, turning around to look for her medication. The cabinet was packed this time around-- she'd collected quite a bit more over the past year.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:17 pm

@Pidge

Tari blinked again “oh....i didn’t realize..the days just blend in and you loose track of time..I don’t even remember what day it is now “ she grumbled. Reddish gaze following Skye’s hand, she seemed to remember where it was. “ the blue vials yeah? Lemme help-“ she reached for the cabinet too.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:11 pm

@Checkmate

"No, it's.. it's a different one," Skye said, voice rising in tension. She was still pretty irritated.

"Here we go," she continued, pulling a small orange container out of the cabinet. Her hands brushed Tari's-- or rather Cardinal's.. and she froze mid-gesture.

No.. pull away.. it's not.. i-it's not Tari...

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:21 pm

@Pidge

Tari caught the action and blushed, only to quickly pull her hand away. Doing Skye a favor . But also tried not to spill any containers. The blush didn’t go away though and she shoved her hands in her pockets stop...stop that dang it! It was an accident .. “ oh...sorry...noted “ her voice tense too a bit.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:36 pm

@Checkmate

Skye gave her a glare that seemed to say, I'm hurt. Don't even think about trying to do things that only Tari would be allowed to do.

Then she did her best to open the canister, but the child safety lid made it difficult.

"Stupid.. weak fingers.." she growled.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:44 pm

@Pidge

( curse those safety lids I despise those )
Tari or..well Cardinal caught the message but she noticed Skye was struggling. Inching closer “ y-you know..I can help you with that..” she offered in a hesitant fashion. She already got the message clear as day that she wasn’t at all welcome...but still...that one part of her was telling her to stay. And it wouldn’t leave her alone if she didn’t .

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:03 pm

@Checkmate

( i'm imagining cardinal with tari's voice but with a jinx-like rasp to it- )

"Don't TOUCH me--" Skye yelped out instinctively, recoiling. Her eyes went wide, and her breathing picked up.

She clutched the orange canister close to her chest as if it would protect her.

She stared at her with a look in her eyes that only Kaine's presence would inflict.

Slowly she realized how she reacted, and began to regret it, uncoiling from her panicked position.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:21 pm

@Pidge

( y e s )

Hearing that Tari had it. Her expression turned to one of a severely ticked off nature. And ..almost a hurt one at that. Glaring “ FINE!” She snapped. Growling she walked off to the door “ I WASNT EVEN GONNA HURT YOU AT ALL. BUT SCREW IT ” she yelled out in anger. Stopping at the door she took off the ring and tossed it. “ you’re on your own “ she snapped as she glared at her.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:36 pm

@Checkmate

( oooooooohoohoohooo )

Skye opened her mouth to speak, but couldn't manage words.

And of course, Theo had seen all of that. Great.

Since Skye couldn't speak, Theo yelled out, "TARI!" as if calling the "good side" of her back. "Don't.. don't go.. please..?"

Skye just sort of watched, frozen in a panicked trance.

"I don't want you to go back to prison.." Theo whimpered.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:51 pm

@Pidge

Tari’s attention shifted to Theo and..somehow seeing and hearing that broke her heart a tad bit. Enough for her to make her stay. Frowning “....fine kid...you win..” she sighed in defeat. However she looked back at Skye for a second then stormed out of the building to head to the roof “ I’ll be on the roof if you need me....which is unlikely..” she spat
Stupid conscience...ERGH

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:18 am

@Checkmate

Skye put her face in her hands and sank to the floor, beginning to cry.

Theo brought her one of the ducklings, as if trying to cheer her up.

"Y-your soup's on the counter, Theo," Skye whispered.

"I'm not that hungry." Theo shrugged.

"What do you mean you're not hungry? I made it just for you.." Skye's voice broke from the emotion.

Theo just sat down beside her, holding the duck to himself.

-----

Eventually he wandered out of the kitchen, and Skye found herself wanting to walk up to the roof to talk to Tari.

She worried Neo overheard the whole thing.

I can't do this alone.. she whispered internally. But how do I get her back..?

Might as well ask her evil twin...

She did her best to get to her feet, and staggered up the stairs to get to the rooftop.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:15 am

@Pidge

( ACK )

Thankfully Neo was still sound asleep peacefully, tonight was one of his better nights.

Tari had been there most of the time, by now she was freezing but she didn’t care. A permanent scowl was on her face as she found herself starring at the moon again. Thankfully her anger died down too. Huffing she rolled her eyes thinking about it “ oh don’t give me that...I tried dammit ...leave me alone “ she growled . However the voices didn’t leave her alone.

They swam in her head non stop causing her to shake “ I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE “ she screamed and held her head trying to get them to stop. Neon flashes bombarding her vision as she screamed in pain.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:45 am

@Checkmate

Skye froze in her tracks when she heard that, feeling as if Tari directed it at her.

She hung back for a moment, staring over at her with a tired look in her eyes.

Might as well say something.

God, she's going to jump right off, isn't she-? no, no, shut up-

"T--" she sighed. "I know you aren't.. completely.. Tari... so do you want me to call you by a different name..?"

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:04 am

@Pidge

Tari couldn’t fully hear Skye at the moment. She was still screaming her head off at the soaring pain her mind was in right now. By now she was crying and she was completely hunched over , hitting her head here and there to try and get the voices to stop. “ IT HURTS...T-TOO MUCH...CANT..THINK ....STOP “ she cried out,practically having a full blown episode.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:22 am

@Checkmate

There was something different about her voice this time... it didn't sound.. that much like Cardinal..

It sounded familiar.

Tari...?

Something willed her forward, and without thinking, she took a few strides towards her and did her best to call out to her, reaching out but hesitating to touch her.

"Hey-" she said in a tense voice, as if to take her by the shoulders and ground her in reality without actually laying a hand on her. "Listen to me.. listen to me. I'm here now.. Tari, Cardinal.. whichever one I'm talking to here.. I'm here to help."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next