The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meta Runner (RP)

3 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Meta Runner (RP) - Page 39 Empty Meta Runner (RP)

Post by Checkmate Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

@Pidge

( wanna do a little time skip or no? )

Tari took a deep breath and sighed , now starting to recover as well. " lets a go! " she smiled as she tried to hep brighten up the room. With that she head over to the couch and table.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Meta Runner (RP) - Page 39 Empty Re: Meta Runner (RP)

Post by Skye Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:56 pm

@Checkmate
(exactly lol)

Kaine's energy was beginning to fade again, but he kept a firm hold on Tari's shoulder. He saw touches of Skye in the way she cowered beneath him.

"I win," he hissed in a low tone, amber eyes blazing. "Understand me? I... win."

He really didn't care that they were about to tase him, he could really care less. He'd earned this victory, and he was satisfied with the outcome.

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:08 pm

@Pidge

Tari’s energy was weak at this point so she just growled in defiance . On the inside she shrunk ...I’m a horrible wife..I...I can’t even..I can’t even fight! He’s right...I don’t deserve her...she doesn’t deserve me...I’m a monster . Just like that, she gave up.

One police officer aimed their taser at Kaine while the other aimed theirs at Tari causing her to yell in even more pain and for her to fall limp. The police officer came back from the break room “ arrest them both “ he ordered and nodded.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:14 pm

@Checkmate

Kaine winced, and managed to fall mostly unconscious. He collapsed beside her, growling in pain and looking up at the officers with only his eyes.

(smol skip perhaps? i could bring in some characters like belle / luce / sof .,.)

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:21 pm

@Pidge

( YES Belle 👀 they haven’t interacted nearly the entirety of this rp lol)

( le skip )

Tari was in prison by now and her actions as well as Kaine’s would be on the news. Her mug shot looking depressed and full of defeat , and she could only imagine the pride Kaine held. The bluejay was bent over , crying in her insanity . And has also had some anger out bursts too and some crazy spells.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:31 pm

@Checkmate

( belle gon show up and tell her
yo tari
prison sucks
i gotchu
imma be here for support )

Skye of course had seen the coverage, because the nurse left the television on when he left the room not long after the events.

She found herself crying almost as much as Tari was. The footage they showed only made it worse.

She clutched one of the pillows they gave her, and she tried calling Tari, but it didn't work. The prison literally removed meta arms, or means of communication. So, since she couldn't be there in person, she called Belle, and asked her to visit. She trusted the woman enough to get the job done, and be safe while doing it.

So, half a day later, Belle showed up to the prison, much graver and serious than she normally would be.

After asking about where Tari was, they directed her to an isolated cell, far removed from the other ones.

Poor thing... she thought. All alone down here... I get that you lashed out, but... this is horrible.

She heard her friend sobbing, and felt her heart break even more.

So, she slowly approached the cell, in a calm, unoffensive manner, then knelt down to seem less imposing.

"Hey, Tari..." she murmured. "It's me... it's Belle."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:50 pm

@Pidge

( Ack -)

Tari was still bent over , her punctured flesh and blood hand resting on her head. Her throat had bruises and her eye was...well,wounded. She flinched once she recognized Belle’s voice and seemed to recoil more. Violet eye slowly making painful eye contact with belles crimson ones.

“....Belle?....” the red in her eye not leaving. What’s she doing here?...why is she even here at all...

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:58 pm

@Checkmate

"You look like you've been through hell," Belle sighed, finding it hard to look at Tari without getting emotional.

Is this the same blue-haired chick that I pinned to the wall at the Hive?

The same chick Lucks hired to game for TAS Corp?

Unfortunately, she realized, yes.. poor thing. She doesn't deserve this..

"Tari.. I'm... here on a mission from a certain person. Wears glasses... super genius.. I think you may know her. May or may not be the love of your life," Belle explained. "She.. saw the coverage on the news, and... wanted me to come check on you. You seemed... hella shook up. And.. honestly, seeing you here and now.. god, I wanna choke that absolute-" she sighed, clenching her fists. "Aaaanyway. We.. haven't told Theo or anything, I.. think Skye's calling Lamar to check.."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:13 pm

@Pidge

Tari felt like she was punched in the stomach when Belle mentioned Skye. Kaine’s words roaring in her head , his seemed to do more damage then Evelyns.
“ good “ she choked out as her throat tightened. “ he’s s-safe with Lamar...safer then with me..” she cleared her throat.

Then she gritted her teeth “ don’t worry about me...like he said...I deserve this..and hell is one way to describe it ...but hey..I deserve that too...” Tari managed to get out. “ is..S-Skye sounding ok?..aside from disappointment ?”she asked .

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:31 pm

@Checkmate

"Well considering the fact you seem to be targeted by every evil punk in Silica City.. I'd say yeah," Belle shrugged sadly.

She could tell that Tari wasn't in an agreeable mood. Getting through to her was gonna be difficult.

"Tari... listen. I know you're in a helluva bad headspace right now.." she said calmly, trying to be as reassuring as possible. "I.. I'm gonna tell you what you need to hear. Okay?"

"Skye was... really, really shook up when she saw the story. The news.. showed a bit more than the mugshots..." she stated, looking Tari in the face the best she could. "She kept saying things like.. 'she doesn't deserve this'.. or.. 'that's what Kaine did to me'. She... told me that he treated you a lot.. like how he treated her. And.. that kinda messed me up inside.. if I'm honest. I... I can't imagine what she's going through right now. She loves you, kid," Belle said. "And.. she went through all that trauma again because of what Kaine did. It's not.. your fault, obviously, I.. goddamnit, I'm screwing this up.." She put her face in her hands.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:59 pm

@Pidge

Hearing that made her anger rise up again. She knew what Belle was trying to do  one hundred percent but certain words triggered her. Barring her teeth she looked up at Belle. “ that absolute -“ she let out a very degrading curse towards Kaine. Giving him the same treatment . He disgusted her.

“ And I know! That’s why I did that! To keep her safe BUT I FAILED DAMMIT.FOR AS LONG AS HE LIVES HE WILL NOT LEAVE HER ALONE “ she yelled in pain. Glancing at the ground “....just stop...please...I know what you’re trying to do though..can you tell Skye I’m sorry and that I love her?..” Tari frowned.

Even though I don’t deserve her

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:53 pm

@Checkmate

Belle's heart broke, hearing those final words.

Tari was so damaged, she was pushing the help away. It made Belle feel sick.

She stood up slowly. "Hey.. tell you what.. I could call her over my arm.. the doctors let her keep hers," she offered, keeping her tone as gentle as possible.

"Or.. would that be too painful..?"

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:17 pm

@Pidge

Tari’s head perked up at that, a faint sparkle in her gaze could be seen. Brows furrowed “ R-really? Yes,Please! “ she nodded. She’s not heard from Skye in what felt like forever! And now this.. she just wanted to hear again somehow.

I hope she’s alright...please don’t let what Kaine said happen at all..please let her be ok!

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:56 am

@Checkmate

That made Belle feel a bit better, and she felt a spark of hope at the sound of Tari's voice.

"Okay. Give me a second, alright?" she smiled, dialing Skye's number. A moment later, the latter answered.

"Belle, what happened, where- a-are you still down there?"

"Yep, and there's someone here who would love to talk to you."

Skye's expression changed significantly. "Lemme see her! Please?" she begged. Belle flipped the screen around so Tari could see Skye.

Skye took one look at her fiancée and almost burst into tears. "Tari..." she choked out, covering her mouth.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:09 am

@Pidge

Tari once again recoiled inside but she gave a smile. It was half hearted but she was so happy to see her. “....hey owl...god I’m glad you’re ok ...” she tried not to spill the beans just yet but it was..difficult. Considering what she went in there for.

That’s when Kaine’s voice boomed once more , causing her to glance down.
“ I’m sorry angel...he..he pushed me too far “ she hissed.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:05 pm

@Checkmate

"Oh my god..." Skye whispered, tears beginning to streak down her face. She put her face in her hands. "Ohhhh my god, Tari.. I-I'm so sorry.. I'm so so sorry.. I-I saw everything... I-I mean everything that was shown on the news, I.. th-they said the attack lasted for at least a few minutes and I.. they showed the first and last thirty seconds and I.."

She broke down again. "I'm going to murder him with my bare hands.. then again we saw how that turned out, when you tried... Tari, I.. he did that on purpose.. you're.. you're not the one in the wrong. Understand? Y-you fought back because he attacked you.."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:29 pm

@Pidge

Tari’s face fell from anger to pure depression only to then have a mixture of both. The neon faces now popping up as she glared at the ground. “ Stop it ! just stop “ she hissed and covered her face as well. Laughing a bit in frustration “ I attacked . Me! I ATTACKED. HE JUST WOULDNT SHUT UP, HE HAD NO RIGHT TO SAY THOSE THINGS “ she growled.

Laughing more in a crying fashion “don’t apologize ...please...not your fault...it’s ours “ she frowned . She was definetly still holding Kaine accountable .

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:11 pm

@Checkmate

"Exactly my point, HE started it!" Skye spoke over her. "He stepped on your nerves and made you lash out, he-- HE did this!"

She paused, sniffing. "To both of us."

Belle wanted to interject, say her peace-- but this was their battle. Not hers.

"Tari... my precious, precious blue jay..." Skye whispered. "Kaine is a thief, and a liar... and you're.. beyond all of that. Kaine didn't have any reason to do what he did. He did it for the hell of it. You?" she continued. "You were defending me. Me, yourself, and Theo. And that alone.. that alone makes you innocent in my eyes. You are irreplaceable... and you're worth so, so much more than what the world says about you."

She blinked, biting her lip. "The world is cruel," she began to sing, shakily. "The world is wicked.. it's us alone whom you can trust in this whole city..."

Hm. Hunchback of Notre Dame? Weird choice.. Belle muttered internally. Appropriate lyrics though... Luce would be proud.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:42 pm

@Pidge

( I’m not crying you are, lying detected )

Tari burst out into tears hearing that, the singing also doing extra damage. It still wasn’t gonna be that easy sadly. Cardinal was going no where. She was trying for sure, but she...was just too damaged. The very last bits of her control slipped and crying soon turned into insane laughter.

“ HAHHAAA! J-JUST FACE IT ALREADY...HEHE...Y-YOUR BLUEJAY IS GONE...DAMAGED..RUINED..SHATTERED” she laughed out as she leaned back.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:46 pm

@Checkmate

( i'm not crying!! who's crying?? )

Skye's expression changed completely. The blood drained from her face, and she froze, staring at Tari in pure horror.

Kaine.. killed her. He killed her, and left Cardinal in her place.

"Tari..." Skye whispered. "Please... come back... I-I know you're still in there.." She began to break down over the camera. "Please... I'm begging you.. don't.. die on me."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:03 pm

@Pidge

( I am ;-; aCk )

Tari was still in a crazy frenzy but calmed down a tad bit, grinning in a dark manner. “ hehehA , you’re not getting rid of me that easily darling ....y-you were lucky last time “ she laughed out. Giggling “ she’s gone! DEAD. DAMAGED.“ she growled as she glared at the screen. Her one good eye wild .

“  you’re stuck with me “ She huffed out.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:12 pm

@Checkmate

( me too ;-; )

"Tari.." Skye mumbled. "I don't.. want to lose you... think.. think of Theo.. think of.. this." She sort of half gestured to her abdomen. Belle was a bit confused, but thankfully the thing went over her head.

She'd figure it out later. Just give her enough time.

"Think of the things I promised you.. please..."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:27 pm

@Pidge

Once again Tari growled, the switch was practically permanent. Though there was a slight chance left, but that chance was gonna be really difficult. However she let out a tiny chuckle “ oh calm down love...you won’t lose me “ she adjusted herself only to laugh a tiny bit. “ you really think I’d betray the ones who helped my other half?IM NOT THAT CRAZY “ she laughed out .

She shook her head “ but you really are stuck with me “ she said as her brow furrowed. I won’t leave the ones who helped me..I promised her that much...and quite frankly I tend to like them too...

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:52 pm

@Checkmate

"What're you talking about?" Belle finally interjected. "Who are we talking to right now?!"

She "set the camera aside" for a moment and gripped the bars of Tari's cell. "If this is some sort of split personality crap, you need to tell me. Right now," she hissed. "Am I talking to Tari right now...?"

Skye couldn't handle this anymore. She just wanted to hang up the phone..

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:08 pm

@Pidge

( personality Russian roulette XD )

Tari grinned as she looked up at Belle “ you’re talking to Cardinal . Not Tari . It’s good to see you again Fontiere “ she chuckled. Cackling a bit “ you see, i started out as just a loose bolt but soon things progressed and well here we are! A voice here and there, some negative thoughts , a hallucination and BAM. ME “ she laughed .

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:35 pm

@Checkmate
(belle finna punch cardinal in the kisser, helluva boss style)
(like LEAVE TARI ALONE U BENCH)
(skye: STOP ATTACKING MY WIFE)
(belle: SKYE ITS A DEMON)
(also help, speaking of which, helluva boss has owl demons in it and now i wanna watch it because of that eek)

Skye felt her stomach turn at the mention of Cardinal's name.

It was an entity other than Tari entirely, a new iteration of the AI Sheridan left behind.

Wait...

Uncle Sheridan.

Maybe...

"Belle, I'm.. gonna need to talk to you about this in a second.. I'm hanging up for now. Tari.. I love you.." Skye whimpered. "Please.. stay safe."

The screen went dark.

Belle gritted her teeth and slammed her full weight against the bars, snarling. "You. Leave Tari alone."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next