The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argon Occupation HQ

2 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Argon Occupation HQ Empty Argon Occupation HQ

Post by Skye Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:23 pm

( i maked a new thread so we can keep track :3 )

Paige eventually managed to bring Vernal back up to her quarters-- she hoped the effects of the beverage had lightened by now. At least lightened enough for Vernal to be conscious of her decisions and all that.

She took off her cloak, and retracted her helmet.

"How you feeling?" she ventured, grabbing a bottle of refined energy from one of her storage units.

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Checkmate liked this post

Back to top Go down

Argon Occupation HQ Empty Re: Argon Occupation HQ

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:33 pm

( thanks! And yeye sounds good )

Vernal, now in Paige’s quarters began to shed her cloak. She looked around a bit after taking her cloak off.

“ Honestly—better. It was my first time getting drunk—i hardly remember most of the drive back…” Vernal admitted with a grumble as she tossed the cloak on to the couch, she then de-rezzed her helmet. Her lightlines were now back to her normal menacing red and her cheeks were back to normal.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:39 pm

( e yey! )

Paige poured a glass for herself and Vernal, then offered one to her.

"Heh, don't worry; it was uneventful," she reassured her, before sitting down beside her. She took a sip of her own drink and exhaled through her nose. "And now we don't have to worry about crashing our bikes... or basics taking advantage of us... not in here."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:07 pm

( Also listened to the song and yes all of the yes for Paige ehehe x3 )

Vernal took the glass of energy then sat down beside Paige as soon as the Commander took her seat. She felt reassured with the bike ride.

Though once Paige said the last part….her hand turned into a tight fist, her walls were still down, her emotions still weren’t shut off yet. Thank the alchohol.

“ I’ll derezz them before any of them have the chance to “ Vernal snarled with anger. Again, the most emotion she’s felt these days was anger. But tonight changed that.

She sighed softly and took a drink of the energy along with Paige after huffing forcefully. Tilting her head back as she did.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:19 pm

( EHE )

Paige chuckled. "Makes two of us then," she murmured with a smirk. She reclined a little, stretching herself out in an alluring manner.

"You're something, Vernal. I mean that," she continued, tone gentle. "And it might be the energy talking, but... who cares...?"

She giggled a little and shut her eyes.

Practically every voxel in her body was vulnerable now.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:26 pm

( THE BEBEEEE AAAAAAAA AJAJDJSJFJSJD )

Vernals Eyes widened a bit once she heard Paige say that…and again her body glowed with warmth…it was two types of warmth, the comforting kind…and..the other kind. She wasn’t sure what the other kind was…but users would call it love. But if she were honest…she’s never experienced true love before so…she wasn’t sure how to detect it.

She looked over at Paige and blinked a few times, now taking in the alluring sight. And again…as she looked over the Commander, her heart began to pound again…

God damn it…what’s wrong with me?…

Though her face fell and she huffed angrily as she glared into her glass.

“ That’s not what Mara thinks, apparently I’m a killer….” Vernal growled, her voice still filled with anger.

It would take a while for her to open up to Paige once again like at the club, the Commander would have to be very patient.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:32 pm

( RIGHT BACK ATCHA OMLL )

Paige's lightlines began to fade from orange to an orange-pink.

"Well who cares what Mara thinks?" she scoffed. "She's a basic. She's under CLU's rule just like the rest of us. If she doesn't like you, then tough. She'll learn her lesson, or get sent to the Games, or both."

She took another elegant sip of energy.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:46 pm

( EEE DANKE EHE AND FRFR THE BEBE )

Vernal listened to the Commander only to bare her teeth, she gripped the glass of hers tightly.

“ Because that glitch of a basic is taking away the only friend I had! She’s only alive right now because I’m allowing it to be! And good, she better learn her god damn lesson because the next time we meet, i won’t be as merciful. You can bet your credits on that!” Vernal snarled and took a violent drink of her energy when Paige took hers.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:58 pm

( YE ACK- )

"Easy. Vernal. Easy," Paige warned.

Her lightlines remained the same colour for now.

She set her glass aside and adjusted her position, scooting a bit closer to Vernal. "I hate to tell you this, but... basics aren't... exactly... capable of forming meaningful relationships with firewall programs. At least no basic I've ever met..."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:09 pm

Vernal calmed down a bit at her warning, but it was hard. However…once Paige scooted closer, a soft violet bloom could be seen dusting her cheeks. She looked over at Paige as she spoke, as she did, and as she listened to the Commander, she noticed Paige’s lightlines were a different hue..pinkish almost.

She didn’t know what that meant and it made her curious.

Though as she listened, Vernal’s face fell a bit. It only hurt more to hear that.

“ Then why….Then….why did—Zed ..n-no…he’s my friend…he’s different…he has to be…i c-can’t lose him…he can’t—he can’t be—it can’t be true..” Vernal mumbled as a frown was seen clear as day.

She looked up at Paige and made eye contact, she looked a bit desperate.

right?” Vernal asked even though Paige had experience.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:21 pm

( oh my heart the bebe- )

"Vernal. Hey... easy. Focus," Paige soothed. "Making friends with basics just winds up in betrayal in the end. Problems. Complications. Whatever you wanna call it."

She inched a little closer.

"There was a mechanic that I knew. A basic," she murmured. "His name was Beck. A-and he... we, um... we were pretty serious about each other, until... Pavel decided to arrest the two of us for 'attempted anarchy'. Of course, it was a false accusation on all accounts. But I realised just how... fragile relationships with basics can be. How risky they are. It's only going to wind up in one or the both of you getting hurt if you keep being friends with Zed."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:30 pm

( Right back atcha omfg ma heart-ow-)

Vernals eyes widened in horror as she listened. She was…almost in disbelief… it then again it made sense in a very painful way.

But once she listened to Paige’s story…her heart broke a bit. She felt sorry for her….but…she also felt rage.

Rage at Pavel for even doing such a thing to Paige. Her hand turned into even more of a tight fist.

“ That slimy bastard!” Vernal snapped. Her eyes wild with a protective anger, she clearly meant Pavel. She couldn’t believe the damned glitch would betray his fellow firewalls like that!

Vernal replayed Paige’s story and a rare, sympathetic frown was seen. Thank the alchohol once again for lowering her guard.

“ im…sorry that happened to the both of you..truly. Nobody deserves to get stabbed in the back like that. But…but I—i can’t leave Zed…if I break up with him I’ll end up hurting him and I don’t want that…and he’ll never betray me i…he couldn’t…he’s not like that he’s a good basic. A-And if i leave him….” Her lips trembled and her face fell.

I’ll truly be alone.” Vernal said with a shaky voice.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:44 pm

( FR )

"Break up with him?" Paige ventured, narrowing her eyes in confusion. "I thought you two were just friends."

She reached back and grabbed her glass of energy again.

What Vernal said last made her blurt something out that she most definitely shouldn't have.

"You aren't alone. You have... me."
Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:00 pm

( FRFR AA I LOVE THAT POST )

Vernals Eyes widened hearing Paige, another comforting warmth was felt after hearing those words. And…along with that comforting warmth, she felt that other warmth as well. The other warmth was stronger this time, causing a very strong warmth in her chest and for her heart to pound.

She took a moment to process what Paige just said…and she grew emotional over it once she eventually did.

Is she saying..w-what i think she’s saying?…

Another violet bloom crossed her cheeks, but this one was more violent and her red lightlines looked a bit more pinkish too.

Though Paige’s first statement made her sigh.

“ we are just friends…..but…still…I’ll still be breaking some sort of relationship…some sort of bond…..and…originally I..i did find him cute…but we’ve never gone past the friendship mark. So…don’t worry there….” Vernal murmured, her voice soft.

She sighed heavily and stared into her glass, the remaining bits of energy reflected her face. Some of Zed’s and Mara’s words echoed through her head, even Paige’s words.

‘ you aren’t alone, you have me ‘

Vernals gaze softened into one of a bit of confusion yet also appreciation.

“ ……..I’ve got you…huh…?” Vernal said, her voice soft…no hint of disgust or..anger. Just…uncertainty…as if she were unsure of how to feel about it and yet…her voice held a form of appreciation to it.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:30 pm

( THANK )

Paige just nodded at her words.

"Yeah, heh. It's part of our programming to stick together, isn't it?" she half-teased.

She took another sip of her energy, then set it aside.

Her lightlines gradually became a deeper, more vivid pink.
Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:40 pm

( YEYE AND AJDJSJFJSGIS )

Vernal listened and smiled this time, only to chuckle.

“ Yeah….yeah you’re right….you’re my Commander and…im your Lieutenant…we’ve gotta stick together…” Vernal murmured softly. She then took another drink of her energy as well, only to then set the glass down on the table.

Almost at the same time as Paige’s lightlines, her own lightlines turned a more…deeper pink as well. And that warmth kept growing….and growing…

She looked over at Paige out of the corner of her eyes. She saw pinker shade to the Commanders lightlines too. She felt more reassured that she wasn’t alone in this.

But in the silence…that feeling kept growing…and growing to an unbearable amount.

Vernal then placed her face in her hands and sighed heavily.

“ The hells going on with me…” Vernal grumbled in confusion.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:51 pm

( ASHFJDND THE BEBE )

Paige glanced over at her, curious. Her lightlines continued to shift in colour, becoming a deeper, vivid purple.

"Well, heh... whatever it is... you aren't the only one," she murmured, looking down at her lightsuit. "Damned alcohol probably did it. I should be... far more reserved than this."

She trailed off and gazed back at Vernal, the purple lines snaking up her neck and face.
Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:44 am

( EE )

Vernal sighed heavily as she leaned back against the couch and just, tried to relax. Her head tilting back as she closed her eyes.

“ That makes the both of us “ Vernal grumbled.

As she kept her eyes closed, her lightlines also began to shift into a deeper and vivid purple. And she couldn’t stop it. Soon, silence fell upon them again and she looked over at Paige, daring a glance.

At least I’m not alone…that’s for sure…she looks so flustered right now-

She scanned Paige’s body and took note of the lines snaking up her face and neck and gave it a small smile. She had to admit, it was cute to see her like that.

The usual cold and demanding Commander all flustered…she chuckled at that thought.

As she kept starring, pretty soon violet light lines snaked on her neck and face as well.

And that feeling grew worse.

What is this—what’s going on—

“ ….a-all i know is…is that I feel…warm. Ive Never felt that before..not even —not even with Zed. At least not this level. It’s confusing…yet..not completely unwelcomed…” Vernal blurted out.

She wasn’t sure what cursed to say that. But she did anyways.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:11 am

( SHSKHSJSSDH MA HEART )

"Likewise," Paige murmured. "I never really... felt like this with Beck either."

She sighed. "I-I uh..."

She spaced out, staring into Vernal's eyes. She could feel the warmth and the brightness of her lightlines becoming ever stronger.

Should I...?

Should... I?

It's the damn energy. Focus...

Focus...

Her thoughts got more and more jumbled the more she looked. Her thoughts derailed like a high-speed monorail, filled with the possibilities of where this situation could go.

She wanted to take the initiative. Take that leap.

Vernal could be hers.

As hard as it was, she resisted. She knew it would end badly if she forced anything on Vernal.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:50 am

( FRRRRR OMFGGG AA )

Vernal listened and nodded in agreement. Only to fall silent again, not having much to say.

Though after a while she caught Paige staring and once she did register that she was in fact doing so, her eyes widened ever so slightly and caused her lightlines to become a solid vivid purple as the cybernetic lines down her face and neck dug into her skin.

It caused her heart to race like mad. But she didn’t look away, in fact, she stared right back into Paige’s amber eyes. And as she did, her face grew warmer and her heart began to pound more.

Stop it—

Y-youre going too far she’ll derezz you if you keep doing stupid shit!

H-Have you forgotten what you two are to each other?..

….B-But she….s-she….the words she said….it can’t just be Commander and Lieutenant talking.

…..and those feelings…i k-know I’ve got to protect her, it’s my job as a Firewall and Lieutenant…but..hours ago..i don’t think those feelings are just related to my ranking anymore..

It’s the energy—it’s warping you, y-youre not a basic anymore..

….y-youre a soldier. A Firewall. Act like it!

Vernal kept staring as she fought her own emotions too, but ever so slowly, desire could be seen in her harsh eyes. Just like before.

No…No she’ll derezz you…and if she won’t, others will! They’ll think things and jump to conclusions!

……besides, you don’t even deserve to have that with her…you’re not perfection…not like she is. You’re below her.

But…she said that I was perfection to her….i…

And with what she said with Zed…it sounds like a possibility it could happen..especially with how Mara is being.

I…oh god what do i do?!

Vernal tensed up as she kept staring, desire was still clear as day in her eyes but also…fear. Fear of rejection..fear of being derezzed just for letting her guard down for one moment. Fear of it all going away.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:05 am

( HSJKSDLFH OMFG MA GAY HEART )

Paige realised the one way to determine whether or not things were safe, or permissible-- was to simply ask her.

So she took a deep breath, sighing softly.

Then, she reached back and removed her identity disc. She set it down on the side table, out of her reach. An act of surrender.

She'd considered offering Vernal her hand, but she'd wait until she knew Vernal felt safe enough to put her own disc aside.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:20 am

( SAAAAMME THE BEBE, AND DANKE I PROUD THAT ONE TOO. )

Vernals Eyes widened in pure fear at first once she saw Paige reach for her disc. She got into a crouching position and got ready to defend herself.

“ W-WAIT PLE-“ Vernal started, her voice filled with fear, it almost sounded like she was begging.

Though, her eyes widened with surprise, shock and even a pinch of disbelief once she saw Paige set the disc on the table. Away from them both.

Her eyes remained glued to the disc, still trying to process what just happened. Still seeming to be in disbelief, as if…as if it were like she was trying to process if she were dreaming or not.

I….

S-She…

Surrendered to me?…

Vernal remained silent as she continued to process what just happened.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:26 am

( OH MA HEART SHDJKFDLS THE BEBEEEEE )

Paige said nothing just yet-- she just watched Vernal to make sure she was recovering.

She blinked, keeping her distance-- then eventually, she spoke up again.

"It's okay," she soothed. "...I'm... pretty sure I don't have to tell you that... I don't do this very often."

She never took her disc off except in combat, or whenever she was patching a wound up. Never in surrender-- especially considering what Pavel had done with her disc in order to make her look guilty of conspiracy.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:56 am

( EE AND RIGHT BACK ATCHA SDGGFFGF )

Vernal listened to the Commander, only relax at herself moments later.

No, no she didn’t have to. Which was why the Lieutenant was stunned. She still kept her eyes on the disc as she went back into a sitting position, but she still remained alert.

Vernal shook her head to reply as if to say ‘ no you don’t have to ‘.

After a while of silence, she spoke again. Her eyes still on the disc.

What makes me so special?” Vernal asked.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:54 am

( AWW MA HEART- )

Paige shook her head in disbelief.

"Truthfully, I... I don't... I don't know," she admitted, putting her face in her hand. "I just feel... drawn to you, and... I just can't explain it."

She sighed and felt the urge to pick her disc back up and latch it in place. "I-I should just-- I should just leave you be, it's not-- it's not professional of me--"

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: