The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argon Occupation HQ

2 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Argon Occupation HQ - Page 6 Empty Argon Occupation HQ

Post by Skye Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

( i maked a new thread so we can keep track :3 )

Paige eventually managed to bring Vernal back up to her quarters-- she hoped the effects of the beverage had lightened by now. At least lightened enough for Vernal to be conscious of her decisions and all that.

She took off her cloak, and retracted her helmet.

"How you feeling?" she ventured, grabbing a bottle of refined energy from one of her storage units.

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Checkmate liked this post

Back to top Go down

Argon Occupation HQ - Page 6 Empty Re: Argon Occupation HQ

Post by Skye Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:06 pm

( yup he do be angery- )

Tesler narrowed his eyes and growled again. Paige was his best officer. He wouldn't believe a word this conscript said.

"You think Commander Paige herself is sleeping with her lieutenant solely because you saw them walking together?" he spat. "And Paige's 'kindness'?! I'll have you know Paige doesn't care for relationships. I've known her for countless cycles."

He tilted his head slightly to glare at Primas. "Get out of my sight."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:28 pm

( Ehe, and ik it was kinda lacking for Primas but I tried lol-and he gets one ‘ yes the boi ‘ for that post omg. I love that one. )

Primas’s eyes widened only to scoff internally. He was still knee deep in his delusional theory/ plan. Though once he listened to Tesler, the general did have a point. Yet he had to admit…he was definitely pushing his limits with the General, a cold chill ran down his spine at the glare.

Sadly he does have a point….I need to find more on them…that is…if I’m lucky to even live after this.

Yes General. “ Primas muttered only to turn around, though once he turned his back, he looked back at Tesler.

“ There is one more thing, if you say the Commander isn’t interested in relationships sir….then why would those two be spending a lot of time with each other recently? They’ve looked awful close as of late. And no, I don’t mean the Commander herself. I mean the Lieutenant specifically. We don’t know anything about the Lieutenant….who’s to say the Lieutenant is truly on your side?…” Primas added.

He was desperate to at least get Tesler to attack Vernal…he didn’t have it out for Paige, only for Vernal. Yes he realized that he had no other facts to back up his claim…but it was all he had.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:15 pm

( EHE yee )

"Well, conscript, I don't know anything about you either," Tesler snapped. "Are you questioning my judgment? You're an ensign, not my adviser. So stay out of it. If you say so much as a single 'but sir', I'll have you derezzed. Right now."

He turned to face the program with a furious glare.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:51 pm

Primas listened carefully to him only to catch Teslers glare. His eyes widened at the Generals snap and furious tone, the glare seemed to burn his entire soul. Those blazing eyes of the Generals looked like those of the devil.

He was lucky enough to be alive right now. The programs throat tightened as his blood ran cold, he was glued to the floor for a moment as his lips felt glued shut.

Primas forced a swallow and nodded. Tesler had a point with everything he was saying. He just hoped he had planted enough seeds of doubt into Teslers mind about the Lieutenant.

The ensign bowed his head in a respectful manner, keeping it hung to show his loyalty and respect.

Y-Yes General…and no General, I’ll never dare question you. Good day…General….I’ll see myself out. “ Primas said, his voice wavering with fear and apology in tone, the apology was genuine.

With that Primas kept his head down and swiftly turned around toward the exit. His movements stiff yet fear filled.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:54 pm

Tesler snarled and turned away.

Primas was lucky. One of the luckiest programs to cross him in his whole runtime.

He didn't even bother to look into Vernal or Paige at this point. He was plotting an "unfortunate accident" for Primas now.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:41 pm

( OOOP- EHEHEHE. I LOVE THAT POST. small skip to when the other two are back?)

Primas exited the throne room and sighed heavily. The doors of the airship shutting behind him. He knew his runtime was limited now…after what he pulled.

Ugh how on earth did Pavel pull all this shit off?! I wish he were still around….

The Firewall glared at the ground and bared his teeth at his horrible, half baked failed attempt at trying to get Vernal demoted and or derezzed. He took a deep breath and sighed.

….I was mere seconds away from death….I was staring into the eyes of death himself……

Primas debated on willingly throwing himself into the Games early…so he wouldn’t have to suffer whatever Tesler had in store for him. He knew he wasn’t off scot free…oh far from it. Maybe he could throw in a few more seeds of doubt with the other soldiers…if not Tesler….then they’d surely believe him right?

So, with the last few moments of his runtime that he had, he nodded to himself and headed off into the facility. Starting phase two of his plan to try and get Vernal derezzed.

Rumor.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:46 pm

( EE THANK
and yeye sure! want me to activate or do you wanna activate? )

Paige of course was elsewhere, handling the rioter situation over in Purgos.

At least they had reinforcements this time.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:27 am

( Ye can you activate? )

Vernal was with the Commander as always, helping her stomp out the rioters any way possible. Wether it be having to kill some or not.

Though she didn’t stop thinking about this morning…she could never stop. It was like a drug to her….a very dangerously addicting drug. She did her best to focus on the mission at hand.

But with how gentle Paige was to her…and only her. It…it made her feel special. It made her feel things she’s never felt before in her entire runtime, not even with Zed. And although now she knew what the technical term for this emotion was…she still truly was foreign to it and didn’t fully know what it was.

During her time in the mission with Paige, she overheard some Basic’s talking….one word echoed through the masses of someone shouting it.

Girlfriend

That word would echoe through her mind all day.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:52 pm

( yeye i can!
le activate )

Paige returned to the headquarters relatively unharmed, thanks to the reinforcements.

She was straightening her hair as she walked.

"How you holding up?" she directed at Vernal. She figured she'd check in again.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:34 pm

( danke )

Vernal walked behind Paige, also unharmed thanks to the reinforcements. She had her hands behind her back and her chin raised, her face cold and void as usual. She flicked her gaze towards Paige and nodded ever so slightly.

“ I’m doing well Commander, you?” She asked.

But her voice….seemed distant..as well as her gaze, almost as if something was on her mind. Which something most definitely was.

That word…that one word that a Basic used when they were handling the rebel programs.

Is that what we are?…..Girlfriends?……I’m not sure and yet…it seems to never leave my mind like some parasitic leach…

Her face morphed into a troubled expression ever so slightly as she looked at Paige.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:45 pm

( aww the bebe )

"Yeah, just fine," Paige nodded. She said nothing else just yet; she didn't think any other words were necessary.

She didn't notice Vernal's expression yet either.

It was probably for the best considering the fact they had to report to Tesler and all that-- if she addressed it they'd probably wind up late.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:05 am

( ik I sorri-)

Vernal nodded at Paige’s words, glad she was okay. Unlike last time where she almost had a runtime threatening wound. Her gaze misted over as the silence had fell upon them as they headed off to report to Tesler. She kept her gaze on the Commander for a while.

She just…studied her and her own emotions. Remembering that protectiveness she felt towards the higher up. Nothing but the pure warmth and…desire, to be with her last night.

That’s what it was…desire…desire in its purist form. Her brows knitted together in a troublesome manner as she thought on it longer. The desire she felt…was…foreign, yet…strong..but also..dangerously addicting. It made her feel this alien like warmth. She’s never felt anything like this in her countless cycles of her runtime. Not even with Zed.

Part of her…was hesitant…confused…maybe…maybe even..scared? Well…not scared. But she had no other words to describe how she felt towards the foreign feeling. It made her feel something..and it made her feel a lot of that something. It was powerful too. She’s shut her emotions off for so long…hell, not even her time with Zed did she fully get to express herself. So…she didn’t get the chance to do all that much.

And yet….she couldn’t help but…yearn for this warm feeling in a way. It made..it made her feel safe, secure. Something she’s not felt in a while. But she couldn’t shake it….Paige was indeed the object of her desire. Even now...and internally, she was okay with it. But the feeling…those..emotions..she had to get used to again.

Vernal sighed heavily and looked back in front. Her face returning to her stone cold exterior once more.

However as they headed over to Teslers throne room, she caught the the disapproving eyes and glares of many other lower ranking soldiers out of the corner of her eye. They looked disgusted at Vernal…some even scoffed and turned their head as they walked passed.

Vernal raised her brow in a cold hearted fashion. Genuinely having no clue on what was going on. But she paid no mind to it…yet that is.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:05 pm

( is ok )

Paige of course was unbothered by the looks of disapproval. She was used to it by now. Besides... not like they could do anything to her (or Vernal) anyway.

She continued pacing down the corridor.

She didn't show it of course, but she too was thinking about the object of her desires. It was almost embarrassing how often she did it.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:06 pm

( E and aww the Bebe )

Vernal looked back infront and at Paige. She said nothing as the two finally made it up to Teslers throne room. She took notice of how Paige paid no mind to the on lookers and…she concluded that she shouldn’t as well.

The Lieutenant stood and waited for Paige to enter first, her chin raised and she nodded respectfully to the Commander.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:15 pm

Paige gave Tesler a polite bow upon entering the room.

"I assume everything went smoothly?" Tesler ventured, speaking before Paige had the chance to announce herself.

"Yes, General. The conscripts have been derezzed," Paige replied flatly.

"Good. Now I do have one thing to ask about before you go..."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:20 pm

( OOP- EHEHE )

Vernal had filed in after Paige, standing behind her off to the side a bit. She remained silent during the whole interaction, though once Tesler spoke, she tilted her head out of slight curiosity.

“ Yes General?” She asked. Thinking nothing of it yet.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:46 pm

( E )

"Did you do something to piss off that new ensign Primas?" Tesler huffed.

"...why would it matter?" Paige responded.

"Just wondering why he came in here out of the blue, with zero clearance, attempting to slander you and your lieutenant here."

Paige's eyes widened.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:59 pm

Vernals eyes widened as well, her drone like nature faltered and nothing but pure shock could be seen ever so slightly. She was…speechless.

She thought on it only to shake her head, she was just as surprised as Paige was.

“ No General, we’ve done nothing of the sort. Why?…..what’d he say?” She asked, genuinely curious. And…a tad bit concerned.

why on earth would that ensign dare do such a thing? I swear if I find him I’ll derezz him with my bare hands. And honestly…i don’t think we did anything to actually piss him off…

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:42 pm

"Tch, don't worry about it," Tesler chuckled. "I already know he was full of loose cubes."

Paige furrowed her brow in unease, lips pursed. "General, allow us to explain ourselves at least, if there's mutterings going around."

"His accusations were far too outlandish for me to be concerned. I've seen this behaviour before."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:53 pm

Vernal was starting to get uneasy with Paige, but she did her best to mask it. Though she had to agree with him on the loose cubes part…that ensign had the damn gull to talk to Paige in such a manner.

Though as she listened to him, she furrowed her brows ever so slightly. Accusations?

She huffed.

“ Even if they were outlandish accusations…i won’t allow it. That ensign had already crossed the line once today with us. And if he did make such a statement about us….I’d at least like to know what I’m Derezzing him for, General. “ Vernal said with a respectful head nod.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:08 pm

"He insinuated that you two were uh... oh, how did he put it... sleeping together?" Tesler muttered. "But I know that neither of you would do anything like that; I've known Paige long enough, at least. She'd kill whoever had the guts to make a move on her."

Paige blinked, but didn't show any other signs of emotion.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:18 pm

( OOP-EHE I LOVE THAT POST )

Vernal went wide eyed hearing him. Her brows furrowed and heart…stopped.

It took her a long time to process what he just said. And that……that is what caused her drone like nature to falter once more.

She’d…..she’d kill anyone who had the guts to?……

She almost felt her throat tighten up at that thought, and her eyes….felt a bit stingy. And she had no idea why.

The Lieutenant looked over at Paige ever so slightly, her drone like mask was falling even more. But..seeing as Paige didn’t react or show any emotion whats so ever on her end. She feared…she feared that Tesler was right…after all…he did know her better than she did.

She then glanced at the ground, her emotions were starting to spiral again..she felt many, And one amongst them was anger. Along with fear.

Her gaze hardened at what Primas had just done. Her eyes were filled with rage as she tried to process everything.

That good for nothing—-GLITCH.

Oh god, she couldn’t even think straight right now enough to think of a proper response to the General.

Vernal’s lips twitched and curled into a silent snarl as she bared her teeth at the ground and closed her eyes. She needed a moment to cool down before anything else.

Shut it down…

Shut it down…

I can’t—-

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:34 pm

( THANKS EE )

Paige sighed through her nose and smiled. She shook her head. "Well then, General... you'd be right," she stated. It wasn't entirely false, what he'd said.

Vernal was just... that special. Apparently.

"Well, uh... I suppose that's all then?" she asked.

"Yes, that's all. Return to your patrols."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:54 pm

( YE OFC AND AWW THE BEBE )

Vernal felt like she almost had a heart attack once Paige openly said it, she whipped her head around to the Commander with wide eyes. She…she actually held fear in them.

ARE YOU INSANE?!

Though once she heard Tesler say that they were dismissed. She faltered again. Her mask was crumbling even more. She looked back at Tesler with wide eyes, taken aback that he had let them roam free. She honestly thought..that at least she’d get derezzed somehow.

She didn’t spot Paige’s smile. She was too caught up in everything…the news from Tesler…and the fact that Paige openly admitted to it all. Which…she thought..she thought that they were gonna keep it under wraps? Guess not.

The Lieutenant remained silent in disbelief only to then give them both a curt nod and turned back around swiftly and exited Teslers throne room, leaving without Paige as she marched off. Her body trembled as she fought to keep everything together.

That son of a—

I’m gonna kill that god damn ensign.

And Tesler let me go free….he let me go…HOW?!

HOWD HE NOT DEREZZ ME RIGHT THEN AND THERE-

AND PAIGE SHE—-SHE—SHE RISKED OUR SAFETY. YES I TRUST TESLER—BUT I KNOW HOW HE IS WITH SOME THINGS.

I—

I CANT BELIEVE SHE—

Vernal started to breath heavily and subconsciously picked up speed as she headed down the hallway.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:07 pm

( NO NO IT OK PAIGE LIED-
SHE SAID THAT TESLER WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE FACT SHE'D KILL PEOPLE THAT TRY TO GET CLOSE- )

Paige blinked. She didn't think Vernal would take it so harshly. If anything, she was keeping their relationship under wraps by playing into Tesler's delusions. She hummed.

"Where's she off to in such a hurry?" Tesler remarked.

"Probably heading off to derezz that ensign," Paige muttered. "Thank you, General."

She paced out of the room a moment after.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next