The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argon Occupation HQ

2 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Argon Occupation HQ - Page 4 Empty Argon Occupation HQ

Post by Skye Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

( i maked a new thread so we can keep track :3 )

Paige eventually managed to bring Vernal back up to her quarters-- she hoped the effects of the beverage had lightened by now. At least lightened enough for Vernal to be conscious of her decisions and all that.

She took off her cloak, and retracted her helmet.

"How you feeling?" she ventured, grabbing a bottle of refined energy from one of her storage units.

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Checkmate liked this post

Back to top Go down

Argon Occupation HQ - Page 4 Empty Re: Argon Occupation HQ

Post by Checkmate Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:52 pm

( ofc! And THE BEBE )

Vernal grumbled in response which morphed into a small growl. But she tilted her head back a bit in defeat.

“ And as my job as a firewall and your Lieutenant, it’s my job to keep you safe as well. Regardless……but fine, you got a point. “ Vernal growled a bit in irritation as she surrendered.

She sighed softly at the circles being traced, they tickled but not. It…it was comforting. A sliver of a smile was seen as the corner of her mouth inched upward.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:41 pm

( RIGHT BACK ATCHA AWWH )

Paige gave her a cheeky smile after she heard Vernal's remark. The tracing turned into a gentle massage, fingertips leaving violet trails wherever they went.

She wasn't sure how to handle the situation anymore, but at the very least... they were running on the same schedule, unlike she was with Beck.

She tried to block it out of her mind for now.
Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:15 pm

( EE and the poor Bebe ack-)

Vernal thankfully didn’t see the cheeky smile, but she swore, she knew what Paige was doing. She raised an eyebrow and huffed.

“ Knock it Off “ Vernal scolded softly in a playful teasing manner.

She relaxed further at the massages and hummed softly. Melting in the Commanders embrace. As they laid there, she continued to feel calm…safe….protected.

She’s never had that feeling, maybe when she took refuge in the garage after venturing to tron city all those years ago…but…that was it. Paige’s quarters would quickly become a safe zone for her as she soon figured out.

The hangover headache was slowly beginning to dissipate.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:10 pm

( YE but right back atcha )

"Hm, last I checked, I don't take orders from you," Paige teased, voice dropping to a low purr.

She ran her hand up and down Vernal's side, paying special attention to the way her hand fit against Vernal's body.

She was starting to feel a little better herself-- thankfully hangovers didn't last long for stronger programs like her.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:34 am

Vernal huffed in response only to playfully swat Paige’s shoulder, it was a light one, not enough to hurt her of course. Or anger her.

Though she had to admit, the purr made her heart race and turn her lightlines a bit more purple.

The Lieutenants body relaxed more at the touches causing her to sigh softly as she lowered her hand from her face. Each and every touch had a small burst of violet cybernetic lines that followed Paiges hand. God her hand was so gentle.

Vernal let out a little hum and arched her back a little. Only to chuckle.

“ Having fun there?” Vernal teased.

God if she keeps this up—i will never get out of bed…

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:20 pm

( SDHJSDKSS MA HEART I LOVE THAT POST )

"Mm, definitely," Paige murmured. "I love watching how you react to stimuli."

She let out a quiet giggle. "Not that I'm some kind of scientist, but... I don't know, studying you has been fun so far."

She exhaled through her nose. "We are gonna have to get up and get ready at some point."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:33 pm

( EE DANKEE AND THE BEBE OMG, I LOVE THAT ONE TOO. )

Vernal raised her brow and smirked a little at Paiges remark only to chuckle again.

“ Is that so..? Heh, likewise. “ Vernal said in a somewhat of a flirty tone.

Her mind travelled back to last night and couldn’t help but smirk more and for a few violet blooms to be seen on her face again. Last night was definitely the best night of her life. It…it made her feel..seen..heard..accepted, loved. She hoped it did for Paige too.

Though her face fell and she growled and tilted her head back further into the couch in a bit of a mini tantrum.

“ Me no want work—god they should seriously consider having vacation days for us Firewalls…besides I think the energy from last might still impede my work a bit..” Vernal grumbled.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:42 pm

( THANK EE )

"No vacations for programs of our status," Paige sighed. "At least we'll be able to keep spending time together. All that training we have to do... patrols... stuff like that."

She blinked, resisting the urge to kiss her.

It was odd. She felt so free to do that before. Now that she was mostly sober, it was harder for her to work up the courage.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:18 pm

( OFC AND AWWW THE BEBE MA HEART )

Vernal listened and sighed heavily.

“ well, at least that’s one silver lining. “ she murmured with a small smile. She just felt so warm with Paige…protected…safe. Yes it…might be a bit awkward with their rankings but…she just…felt comfortable as they were. No ranking involved just…them being themselves.

She blinked a few times as well and hummed in thought. Her eyes opening again as she looked over at Paige, her brows furrowed.

“….Paige?…..what are we…?” Vernal asked in confusion.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:49 pm

( RIGHT BACK ATCHA AAAAA )

Paige hesitated at first. The question was loaded, that was for sure.

Her eyes clouded over as she began to think. As much as she wanted to answer her quickly, she had to process. She didn't want to say something shallow.

For Vernal's sake, she decided to specify.

"I... I want to give you a solid answer, but... I want to think about it first. I don't... I don't wanna say something wrong," she murmured.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:22 pm

( FRR THE BEBE OMG )

Vernal listened carefully and studied Paige’s features only to eventually nod. She could see that the Commander was thinking on it. So she tried not to overthink. She could see the look in Paige’s eyes, the poor firewall was just as confused as she was.

But her feelings never lie…she loved Paige..she just…wasn’t sure what to call themselves. Commander and Lieutenant? …obviously not..there was something more..a one night stand sure as hell wasn’t it either. And if it were….honestly…she’d be destroyed.

The one time she put her trust and soul into somebody, thinking that they gave a damn about her…no..no it couldn’t end like that…

stop it…shut it down. It’s not like that..besides, Paige just said she didn’t wanna say something wrong…it could still be a good thing. Right…?

Vernals face fell a bit as she thought on the scenarios.

But what if she still chooses to push me away….i can’t be alone..n-not again…i cant…

Her eyes glossed over as tears threatened to spill over. But as quick as those tears appeared they vanished and she nodded.

“ Understandable Commander….even i don’t..i don’t know so…y-yeah…that seems to be the best course of action. “ Vernal said as her voice became a bit more business like.

Vernals hand then drifted down to Paige’s her fingers inching ever so slowly in a hesitant fashion, desperately wanting to hold on to Paige’s hand. Her fingers hovered over the Commanders, they were shaking ever so slightly.

………..what makes you so special?….- a voice hissed at the back of her head. Her human emotions were getting caught up In all of this.

Vernal then closed her eyes and she sighed heavily as she calmed herself down. And almost on instinct.

Everything was shut down.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:43 pm

( hAAAAAA OH MY HEART )

"I don't... want to call us 'friends', and I don't want to call us 'coworkers'. And... yes, we have our ranks and all that, but... something about it just feels... cold. Impersonal," Paige murmured. "That's what I've got so far."

She reached out and clasped Vernal's hand, then closed her eyes.

The feelings were impossible for her to control. But things wouldn't work out if she couldn't control herself, and she was fully aware of that.

That's why she decided to be careful.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:49 pm

( IK I SORRI-BUT RIGHT BACK ATCHA THE BEBE )

Vernals eyes widened a bit once she felt the Commander hold her hand. And on the inside…it gave her hope. She returned the grasp firmly, to show she still cared.

Her eyes remained on their hands as she listened to Paige. It made more sense now, she came to the conclusion on her own that Paige just wanted to be careful. Again, her emotions got in the way of things…like they always did.

I see.

Vernal nodded in a calm and understanding fashion, but her face remained devoid and emotionless, as well as her voice.

“ Agreed. It sounds very impersonal….and from my experience…friends don’t do these things with each other. Neither Coworkers or anything else…” Vernal murmured, her voice…drone like.

The Lieutenant blinked and sighed heavily.

“ How about we think on it as the day goes by?…we can..regroup back in my quarters after?” Vernal asked and flicked her gaze towards Paige.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:40 pm

( AW FR FOR BOTH )

"Yeah, I think... I think we should think about it," Paige said softly. "But. We do have to talk about it once we process it. I don't wanna just... leave, and... never come back..."

She brushed her thumb over Vernal's hand, nuzzling a bit closer to her.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:56 pm

( FR OMFG MA HEART I LOVE THAT POST THE BEBE )

Vernal listened to her, her face still blank and devoid. Thought what Paige said made her emotions break through. Her eyes glossed over ever so slightly and the smallest of frowns were seen.

Me neither…

She melted even more once she felt Paige brush her hand with her thumb and nuzzled against her. It made her mask crumble even more and more emotions began to show through.

“ Agreed. I don’t either….” Vernal replied.

She truly didn’t …..she couldn’t bare the thought of being alone…yes, she was independent, yes she was fine in a sense…but something about it she hated it. And she wasn’t sure why.

Vernal sighed heavily, her entire being still drone like and stiff….soldier like. She wasn’t as….loose as she was moments before. But it didn’t stop her from pressing closer against Paige either. Honestly…she was surprised nobody had picked it up…not even Zed or Mara…or even Paige.

Goes to show her theory…this was the better side of her.

Vernal just closed her eyes for now and remained alert as the two of them laid there. Holding Paige’s hand tight.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:08 am

( TYYY AA )

Paige chalked the tenseness up to the fact Vernal was sober now. She was trained to identify body language-- so it wasn't like she was completely clueless.

She kept brushing her finger over Vernal's hand for now.

"Good to hear we're on the same page, at least," she muttered.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:40 am

( yeye ofc! )

Vernal nodded, she was glad that they were too.

“ Agreed Commander. “ Vernal replied, again, the same voice she used with her daily tasks. Like yesterday. It was monotone. Blank.

Internally the Lieutenant grew warm at the finger brushing, but on the outside, she gave no reaction. Not like before, not like last night.

Hell not even any violet trail lights were seen following Paige’s thumb anymore.

Everything was shut down.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:28 am

Paige noticed the lack of responsiveness, then drew her hand back.

"We should um... probably get up and go," she muttered.

She pulled herself away from Vernal's side, then sat up in an elegant, fluid manner.

She stretched, then got off the couch, straightening her hair and all that.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:38 am

Vernal nodded and watched the Commander get up, only to then follow suit. Though..she had to admit, watching Paige stretch caused her red lightlines to turn a bit more pinkish violet, other than that no other responsiveness was seen.

“ Agreed “ Vernal muttered softly as she got up. She then stretched out her right arm and brought her left arm underneath it and drew both of those back in a stretching motion. Her hip jutted out as well as she stretched her right leg.

Vernal then looked around for her Katana satchel. Her brows raised, it wasn’t on her hip like normal.

“ Any idea where I put my katana?” Vernal asked, a hint of confusion was seen as she scratched the back of her head.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:48 am

"No; sorry... wasn't really paying attention," Paige sighed. "Should be in here somewhere, though."

She glanced at herself in the mirror and began combing her hair.

Couldn't have herself looking dishevelled on the job.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:58 am

Vernal nodded.

“ right—“ she responded, her tone sounding as if she were thinking on where it could possibly be.

Hell with the events of last night, both of them didn’t pay attention much so it was understandable. The Lieutenant reached down and grabbed her memory disc, only to eventually hold it with both hands in a gingerly fashion.

She then looked at Paige’s memory disc on the table. Her gaze softened ever so slightly at the memories. Her lightlines turned a bit more violet at them.

…..to think—god…i Never thought..

….god im lucky…

She then looked back at Paige as she was brushing her hair, her gaze just a tiny bit softer with a hint of adoration. Her mask was crumbling more.

……yeah….it’s official….

I love her..

Vernal gave Paige the tiniest of smiles before reverting back to her drone like self yet again. She swiftly reached her arm behind her back and placed her memory disc in its slot with a ‘ kcchnk! ‘ sound.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:35 am

( ADSHJKF AWW THE BEBE- )

Paige returned the smile, then reapplied her lipstick and turned away from the mirror.

She returned her disc to its place between her shoulder blades, eyes flickering just a little as her memories updated.

She held back a rush of violet lightlines as the memories from last night replayed-- she couldn't help remembering, of course, but at least she could hide the reaction.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:49 am

( RIGHT BACK ATCHA AGGDSFDFS )

Vernal gave the Commander a slow blink at the returned smile, only for her eyes to flicker firewall red a few times as her own memories updated as well.

Her lightlines went from a mixture of red violet to a more solid violet once the memories finally updated. She looked back at Paige and could…kinda tell that the Commander was buffering a bit on her end just the same.

Shut it down—shut down—

It took her a little bit, but her lightlines turned back to her red color once more swiftly.

Vernal took a deep breath and sighed only to head over to the mirror as well, but as soon as she did, she tripped over a object that was a few ways away beside the table, only to fall harshly with a yell flat on her face.

The Lieutenant grunted heavily and placed a hand on her head.

Shit—“ Vernal hissed. Her eyes opened only to land on her Katana and they sparkled. She then grabbed her satchel and raised it up in the air.

“ Found it!” Vernal announced.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:05 pm

( EEE FR )

Paige flinched at the sudden loud sound, blinking in surprise when she saw Vernal hit the floor.

"Are you--" she began, cutting herself off when she saw the katana. "Good; you found it."

She sighed, then strode over to her. "You okay?"

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:14 pm

Vernal stood up on her own, seeming unphased then nodded.

“ Yes Commander, im fine, don’t worry. “ Vernal answered. She then brushed herself off, only to then holster her satchel to her hip, she wrapped the belt straps around her and clicked them in place. Her satchel resting on her right hip.

She adjusted it one last time and sighed in relief.

“ Guess i must’ve tossed it—“ Vernal muttered.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next