The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argon Occupation HQ

2 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Argon Occupation HQ - Page 5 Empty Argon Occupation HQ

Post by Skye Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

( i maked a new thread so we can keep track :3 )

Paige eventually managed to bring Vernal back up to her quarters-- she hoped the effects of the beverage had lightened by now. At least lightened enough for Vernal to be conscious of her decisions and all that.

She took off her cloak, and retracted her helmet.

"How you feeling?" she ventured, grabbing a bottle of refined energy from one of her storage units.

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Checkmate liked this post

Back to top Go down

Argon Occupation HQ - Page 5 Empty Re: Argon Occupation HQ

Post by Skye Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:39 pm

Paige let out a hum of acknowledgment before grabbing her baton.

"You've got all your things, right?" she called, holstering it at her calf. "Cloak included?"

She didn't look over at Vernal just yet.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:50 pm

Vernals eyes darted over to her cloak that was now on the floor. She hurried on over to it and grabbed it and folded it up in her arms.

“ i do now. And yes Commander that’s all. “ She answered.

Damn it—last night really made me ditsy—

She sighed heavily at that thought and she went over to the mirror that Paige used, thankfully she didn’t have to do much to her hair. She just combed it with her fingers here and there and eventually looked normal and presentable.

The Lieutenant nodded firmly at herself and she glanced at her superior.

“ Ready to head out Commander. “ Vernal said.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:57 pm

Paige gave her a crisp nod and exited the room, allowing Vernal to follow her.

She said nothing yet, just marching out of the room and down the hall.

She figured it would be best that way. More professional.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:13 pm

( Ehe, Enter the asshole >:3 )

Vernal followed suit soon after, marching as well, her entire being nothing but professional and authoritative. The proper body language that fit the ranking; Lieutenant.

Her face was cold and empty as she filed out behind Paige.

And just as the two were exiting their room, A male firewall was seen marching towards their direction. A scowl was seen on his face, his brown eyes were cold. He sported blonde hair and was much taller than Vernal, at least a few feet or so.

Primas’s eyes widened slightly once he saw Paige and Vernal walk towards him.

“ Ah! I see you two decided to finally show yourselves. Tesler says you’re late. “ Primas said with a cold business like tone as he gave a small glare.

Though…he found it odd when he saw the two walking with each other.

What on earth…?….were they..?…no-it couldn’t be..The Commander wouldn’t allow such a thing..

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:10 pm

( EHEHE
also what rank is he? guessing another lieutenant or smth )

Paige narrowed her eyes.

"Delays happen. I always factor them into my schedule and think of them beforehand. And for all you know, I was cleaning up a mess left behind by one of my subordinates," she spat. "Now move. I don't have time for your nonsense."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:50 pm

( not entirely, i was thinking a ensign aka sub Lieutenant would be okay? It’s lower than an actual Lieutenant. )

Vernal remained silent and just nodded to back Paige up. Her arms were behind her back and her gaze remained cold as she raised her chin. It wasn’t her place to speak.

Primas narrowed his eyes in return and scoffed. Only to lift his chin, his arms were behind his back as well.

“ Well if it’s a mess, that’s no good either. And here I thought you had more control over your subordinates. Pity. But anywho, i won’t press further. Just know that Tesler is looking for you, both of you. “ Primas said as he narrowed his eyes at Vernal in great suspicion. He never liked her anyways…he always thought she was an ass kisser to the higher ups.

Vernal just narrowed her eyes right back at Primas, she could tell he was new. And new programs always made mistakes, but she certainly wouldn’t allow it to happen.

Primas let up and scoffed softly only to turn back around and head back to Tesler. Marching swiftly.

Hmm…something just doesn’t settle right…Commander Paige was awful quick to say something—

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:28 pm

( OH YEYE DUH I forgot those existed-
edit: FIXED IT OML I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THAT HAPPENED-
IT GLITCHED TF OUT )

Paige scoffed.

"Stupid ensign forgot the fact I outrank him, it would seem," she snarled.

She rolled her eyes and marched a bit faster.

Paige was never the type to be late of course, and now was no exception. She knew that Tesler appreciated punctuality, and so did she--that was for certain.

Last edited by Skye on Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:34 pm

( E yeye! Anddddd ngl the last sentence in that confused me what those words mean-)

Vernal marched at the same pace as Paige, making sure to keep up with her. Her gaze flicked toward the Commander and nodded at her snarl.

“ Indeed. But he’s new…it’s…normal to make mistakes…but if he makes anymore i won’t be afraid to derezz him. Hell, it took me everything not to derezz him right then and there. “ Vernal huffed.

Then an idea popped into her head and she smirked.

“ I’ll derezz him now, That is….if my Commander wishes it to be so. “ Vernal murmured, her tone a bit flirty as she purred the last sentence.

She wasn’t sure what possessed her to do that…but she also made sure to emphasize ‘ my commander ‘.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:53 am

( it glitched tf out after i posted it apparently, i did not write any of that istg lmao- )

"To be fair, he's not a contender for the rank of commander like you are," Paige remarked. "Not like anyone would miss him. I'll give him two cycles before he pisses Tesler off just enough to get himself thrown in the games."

She noticed Vernal's tone and chuckled softly. "If the opportunity presents itself; Lieutenant, take it."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:57 am

( oop-weird lol.)

Vernal listened to only chuckle.

“ Heh, bet. “ She remarked, she saw him getting thrown into the games before hand. But that’s good that he wasn’t a contender. Or so it seemed.

She then flicked one off silver eye to Paige at her last words and she smirked ever so slightly.

“ Gladly. He’s already getting under my lightlines “ Vernal huffed. Then an idea popped up and her smirk grew more. She didn’t know why she was getting so mischievous…maybe she was getting too comfortable. Who knew.

“ To make this interesting, if he gets thrown into the games in one cycle, i……get to kiss you again. “ Vernal smirked, her tone a bit more flirty. She felt a bit safe to say this out loud openly, nobody else was in the halls yet. It was just them and Primas had lone gone.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:41 pm

( yeye that was heckin weird but i did fix it )

"Mmm, that's a tempting offer," Paige murmured, letting a mischievous smirk cross her face. "We don't have to derezz him to have a good time, y'know. All we have to do is give him some of the busy work we'd have to handle."

She didn't look at Vernal, just sort of tilted her head in acknowledgement.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:07 pm

( E yeye! And sgfyssgfsdf i love these two omg )

Vernal saw the smirk and smirked even wider at her response. It was…thrilling…exciting even to know what they have..and yet still kinda have to keep it hidden under the radar in a way.  

Though she sighed heavily.

“ I suppose you’re right…but there’s something about him I just don’t like..and I’ve no idea why. Hmph…besides, nobody has the guts to spout off shit like that and let alone should be allowed to survive after saying such things.…” Vernal growled, a bit of anger leaking into her tone.

Her ‘ shut it down ‘ walls were crumbling, ever since she opened up to Paige last night…she found it hard to compose herself. She was also learning from Tesler as well about mistakes and being too outspoken. She learnt and absorbed everything she saw her superiors do. All in an attempts at being the best soldier she could be. Hence learning on her own how to fight. She was determined.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:59 pm

( E SAME )

"Exactly. I don't know who gave him the authority to talk to me like that, but it definitely wouldn't be Tesler," Paige snarled. "At the very least, we have another meat shield to defer all our dirty work to. Assuming he lives long enough to do that. If he keeps up with the backtalk, he'll be cubes by morning."

She held back a laugh. "We need more programs like him. Expendable errand-runners..."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:43 pm

Vernal listened then gave Paige a crisp nod.

“ Indeed. “ she said, not looking at Paige this time. She honestly didn’t mind the idea of an errand runner. She used to be one..a lonnng time ago, but she crawled her way to the top. On her own.

So needless to say it’d be nice.

“ Though im curious…what would Tesler want us for?…” she asked, her tone full of curiosity. “ we did everything right…” she muttered.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:44 pm

( sorry for the smol post ack, trying to get it in before sleep deprivation kicks in )

"Could be anything. It's probably a mission or update of some kind," Paige explained, blinking.

Paige of course had noticed Vernal's progress-- it had impressed her. The sheer will that it took to get there, coupled with an insane amount of luck and favour-- it was all very impressive.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:18 am

( is okay dw. )
( also question does HQ also mean the entire base itself for Teslers army or just the quarters?. )
( also small skip? )

Vernal nodded, keeping her gaze forward.

“ Alright, well then, let’s hurry, i don’t want to keep him waiting any longer. For both our sakes. “ she muttered and picked up her marching pace.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:15 pm

( yeye it would include his throne room probably- the throne room is on a flagship but he would defo park it at the hq- )

Paige gave her another nod; she wholeheartedly agreed.

They weren't far from him now, which was comforting to her-- in an odd, businesslike way.

Not like she enjoyed being in his presence, or even following the rules-- but she did enjoy keeping her voxels intact.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:48 pm

( Ah okay! And the Bebe )

Vernal….felt otherwise towards Tesler, he was just down right terrifying to her. A true force to be reckoned with and well respected. Even though she made one small mistake…it was still..impactful to say the least.

But she had to agree with Paige on keeping her voxels in tact.

—( smol skip )—

Eventually they both made it into Teslers throne room, Vernal filed in after Paige and remained silent with her chin raised and arms behind her back.

It wasn’t her place to speak yet. However..once she entered..she felt the same negative crushing energy as she did before. But she kept her composure absolutely perfect.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:04 pm

( right back atcha ack )

"Paige. Lieutenant," Tesler acknowledged, standing up and facing them. "A little fashionably late, are we?"

"We were stopped by an ensign trying to give us trouble, sir. I handled it," Paige nodded, tone flat. "What are your orders?"

"You've got a squadron ready to drop into Purgos now. I expect those revolutionaries to be disposed of by the end of today."

Paige blinked, then gave him another respectful nod. "Understood. Who will be assisting me?"

"She can go with you. She knows the territory better than the others I've assigned to you," Tesler rumbled, gesturing to Vernal.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:16 pm

Vernal listened and nodded in a respectful manner once Tesler gestured towards her, bowing her head a bit before bringing it back up. Her face emotionless and blank.

She still remained silent, one, she had nothing to add and two….she just, felt it best. She’s learnt from her previous encounter. But she’d make sure to make quick work of those revolutionaries.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:19 pm

"Is that all, sir?" Paige ventured.

"Yes. You're both dismissed," Tesler replied with a sigh.

Paige gave him a respectful nod, then turned on her heel, gesturing for Vernal to follow her.

At least everything went well this time around.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:13 pm

Vernal gave a respectful bow of her head to Tesler at his dismissal. Then, catching Paige out of the corner of her eyes, she turned around and followed her swiftly. Still holding her arms behind her back.

Just being here again reminded her to keep everything under wraps, the crushing atmosphere made it all the more easier for her to shut it all down. And yes, god she was glad it went well this time.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:51 pm

( Smol timeskip )

It had been half the day of the Commander and Lieutenant being gone. And Primas….had done some thinking. He was now currently making his way towards General Teslers throne room with his hands behind his back.

Commander Paige was awful quick to defend and reply to me…..not to mention seeing those two walk down the quarters hallway together is…awful suspicious..

…..not to mention, how could Lieutenant Vernal rise to ranks so fast?…wasn’t she just a normal firewall not too long ago?….tch….those kind of rankings belong to male programs only. Commander Paige is the only exception…

…..something’s not right here…

Primas pieced a few things together, with how close the two female programs had been working with each other these past few days too, and with the current events of this morning. His eyes widened, only to smirk.

…..you won’t be having that rank any longer Vernal….I know your secrets…I know what your scheming. Besides, you always were an ass kisser to the higher ups. You were never perfection…just a god damn glitch in the system that got lucky. Don’t worry…nobody will miss you too much when you’re gone. And I’ll be keeping that rank nice and warm in your absence. Time for a real Lieutenant to take charge.

Primas nodded to himself as he got his plan all secured and marched into Teslers throne room. He..knew he needed clearance…but..this was an important matter. He made himself look in a panic before he entered in.

“ General Tesler! Sir! I’ve some alarming news! I know I need clearance but this is too important!” Primas said, his brows were furrowed as he stood in front of the door way, panting a bit, making it look like he took the time to get here.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:39 pm

Tesler snapped to look down at the program, eyes blazing.

"I'll have you sent to the Games the second the words leave your mouth, unless this is worth my time," he snarled. "So spit it out."

He turned his back on the program to show his contempt.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:42 am

( Ehe Angy boi )

Primas visibly winced at the words, the fear of being sent to the Games always struck fear into him…hell, it should strike fear into any program. The Games were the worst way to go, it was a slow death while others watched in a brutal colosseum fashion. Sometimes you’re lucky if you don’t have skill you’ll get derezzed quickly.

As fear started to consume him, he tried to stick to his plan. But Teslers back turned and his blazing eyes didn’t help…the General was always terrifying. No matter what.

He risked his life for this plan. He’ll make it count. He took a deep breath and raised his head with shaky words even though his voice still held some power.

Liuetenant Vernal is sleeping with Commander Paige to get to higher ranks, s-sir, I saw the two walk down the quarters hallway together this morning to fetch them for you.” Primas said, and he actually believed this full heartedly.

He took a deep breath to add back up to his claim, not knowing if he’d get the chance to say it after the initial words.

“ Commander Paige was awful quick to tell me why they were late too. Not to mention Lieutenant Vernal had risen through the ranks too quickly for a normal f-firewall program…..i m-may be overstepping lines sir….a-and..I know it’s not my place for a-any of this….but I will not have the state of our army be tainted some glitch who’s taking advantage of your and the Commanders kindness. So send  to the games…I understand  it’s the penalty s-sir….but…I’d risk my life for your army. And that is what I’m doing by being here. “ Primas said, he held power behind his words even though it was clear he was afraid of Tesler.

To add to it, he actually believed full heartedly with what he was saying, which might aid in his cause.

Primas stared at the back of the cold hearted General, his eyes seeming to be begging.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Skye liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next