The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meta Runner (RP)

3 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Meta Runner (RP) - Page 39 Empty Meta Runner (RP)

Post by Skye Wed May 04, 2022 5:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Skye felt like Hiccup encountering Toothless the dragon.

"Make sure you let him sniff it," she reminded Tari.

Theo offered a coconut shell for the dog to chew on.

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Meta Runner (RP) - Page 39 Empty Re: Meta Runner (RP)

Post by Skye Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:34 pm

(EH meh computer crashed before i could finish my posttt)

Sheridan breathed a sigh.

"Very well. Just... do it soon. I don't know what she's capable of... but I do know this. She surpasses her limitations at a frightening speed," he warned.

Skye was about a quarter of the way done with the walk.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:41 pm

( oop that sucks )

“...w-what does that mean? And I will, I will..I just...I don’t..I don’t like it..” Tari frowned.

Hearing that sent even more of a chill down her spine. Everything about this was scaring her...but yet not? It was still Skye. Her wife basically. Wait a minute..

She wants to keep me safe...told me to stay inside today, drugged me. Got a bit protective with others in the store-

Her eyes widened.

Oh god.I think...I think I know what’s wrong.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:46 pm

"She learns. She adapts..." Sheridan stated. "She will do anything to achieve power. And she knows where to find resources to do so. It's terrifying to think of, really. That's why I warned you."

He preened his feathers. "She's smart. And she knows how to get smarter."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:55 pm

( OOP )

Tari’s blood ran cold hearing that....he was right that is horrifying to think of. Kinda like a virus learning how to adapt to everything.

“....I..I See. T-thank you for telling me...” she murmured. “ and yeah that’s...that’s terrifying. Especially now that I know what I think might be wrong with her...I’ve seen it in some of Lamars anime before. It’s stretch but it fits the characteristics. “

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:59 pm

( E she one of them horror game AIs lol )

"Iiiiinteresting interpretation," Sheridan remarked, head tilted. "I trust you'll talk to her? Maybe... snap her out of it a little? You realize you have rights too, you know. Don't let her take advantage of you. I know it's hard.."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:19 pm

( GASP MONIKA FROM DOKI DOKI )

Tari hung her head at that and eventually sat Neo back in his crib, caressing his head a few times. Neo looked up at her with worry, he could tell she was scared.

“...I....I’ll try. And yeah I..I have a hard time saying no really it’s...it’s not my thing. “ she murmured “ hell even when Theo gets upset I cave in. But...ill, I’ll try for sure. “

I can help you with that-
And risk you taking control? No thanks. She’ll know it’s not me from the get go.
Tari..just...work with me here. I’ve got to admit I hate seeing her like this anymore then you do. Its weird.
......I’ll, I’ll call on you when needed.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:28 pm

( YES YES YES EXACTLY EEEE )

Sheridan nodded.

"I can help if necessary. Maybe... hide out in the counter in case she tries to drug you again?" he offered.

Theo turned on the television and tried to find Belle's streaming channel.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:48 pm

( YES I LOVE HER ACK )

Tari thought on it then nodded. It seemed do able.

“ yeah that sounds good. Sounds like it might work, just hide yourself really well and please try not to get hurt. I highly doubt she’d do that but....I’m not sure. This...this is so different. I ...oh god. “ she went to cover her face at that and took a deep breath and sighed.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:56 pm

( not me thinking
"just skye" )

"Of course," Sheridan stated, nodding respectfully. "I'll be up in the medicine cabinet in case of an emergency. Good luck."

He flew to the hiding spot and shut himself in, making sure to be as silent as possible.

Skye returned not long after, keeping a firm hold on Bear as she entered the apartment.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:06 pm

( HEHE YES )

Tari nodded to herself at that and turned to look in the direction of the door opening. Her heart was hammering in her chest just the slightest.

Dont...don’t be scared. It’s Skye. It’s..its just Skye, remember that. But it’s-its so different....I- no you got this. You can do this.

Neo looked up at her once more and whined in concern. She looked down at him only to bend down and give him a forehead kiss.

“ I’ll be ok bud...this is none of your concern..mum will be ok soon. I promise. “ she whisper soothed then went out to the kitchen.

“ welcome back guys “ she greeted happily.

Bear was panting like crazy, he wouldn’t be lunging out anytime soon. He was calm as he entered the apartment.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:38 pm

( E )

"Hey, everything go okay? No weird noises or intruders, heh, or.. anything like that?" Skye asked, a bit out of breath.

Theo would have opened his mouth to explain about Sheridan, but he was busy with the TV.

"Make anything for breakfast?" Skye added.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:43 pm

Tari furrowed her brow at how tired she looked.

Should I tell her about Sheridan?....

“ nope, everything was fine. And a certain bird flew by but only for a few coffee beans. “ She answered with a chuckle. See? It was sort of the truth..she wasn’t lying completely. “ and no, sorry..I was busy with Neo. He took up all my time. Wait-“ her eyes widened

“ oh god the birds! Oh crackerjack I’m so slow this morning!’ she said as she put both her hands on her head in panic.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:57 pm

"Oh, baby, don't worry about it; it's okay," Skye soothed, resting a hand on Tari's shoulder. "Don't worry. I'll take care of them. You just take a minute and get some breakfast started? I'll join you when I'm done feeding and watering the birds. And... feeding and watering this guy."

She gestured to Bear.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:48 pm

( Skye * being all normal*
Tari: yandere who?- pffft Nah it’s fine.
Sheridan: * face palm * )

Tari calmed down almost immediately at that.

“ Oh thank heavens, yeah I’ll go get that started. I just....agh I Cant believe I forgot about em. Thanks love~” she said and went to give Skye a kiss on the cheek.

Funny after hearing that...she kinda forgot about the whole...problem.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:03 pm

(yes lol)

Skye smiled at that. All was well.

She gave her a nod of acknowledgment, then made for the aviary, unclipping Bear's leash.

Sheridan listened to the two of them from inside the cabinet, unconvinced, and all the while Theo kept searching for the livestream.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:17 pm

Bear had wandered over to his food bowl and plopped down only to lay on his side, he was like a motorboat as his tongue lolled out.

Tari had gone over to the fridge and grabbed out the ingredients then closed the door with her foot. She got started on cooking.
she noticed Theo had trouble with the tv.
“ was it one of the newer ones Theo? Try recent uploads-“ she suggested.

Neo was currently playing with his bedside toy. Watching the little characters twirl around all of that stuff.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:49 pm

"OOH! It's called Skybreakers!" Theo called, after finding the video in question. "Heh, her pirate looks kinda weird... who would wear that on an actual ocean adventure?"

Belle's avatar left nothing to the imagination, so to speak. It was mostly for fanservice reasons.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:05 pm

( PFFFFFT )

Tari went wide eyed at the avatar, but then again it’s Belle...it was her thing.

Oh god Belle! Kids could be watching!

“ Most likely not Theo “ she giggled. “ and cool! I’d be down to play that today at some point. “ she

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:40 pm

"Sounds good!" Theo called.

Sheridan was getting impatient and was wondering if he should have stayed at all. He wanted Tari to find closure, dammit!

Skye took care of the birds, then moved on to Bear, giving him plenty of water and his appropriate food ration.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:47 pm

Tari beamed at Theo then suddenly remembered the dusty old crow in the med cabinet.

Shoot! Oh gosh I gotta do that real quick...but I don’t wanna worry Theo.

She was half way with the process of cooking. “ foods almost done guys!” She called.

Bear got up in swift and shoved his head in the water bowl. Drinking it down quickly,

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:26 pm

"Thanks babe," Skye called, brushing Bear as he drank his water. Constant brushing was a must when one owned a husky.

"Theo, what the hell are you wa--?! Oh," she cried out, then immediately her face fell when she realized. "Theo, maybe it'd be better to watch something where she doesn't have a custom avatar?"

"Tari wanted to see it," Theo argued.

That raised one hell of a red flag in Skye's brain. She froze mid-stroke, brush hovering over Bear's fur.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:47 pm

( LMAOO )

Bear noticed the freeze and he nudged Skye’s arm.

Tari winced at that, agh she knew it was a bad idea somehow! But she did...she wanted to see the game. She could care less about the avatar.

“ it’s the new pirate game Skybreakers Theo told me about that Belle played. I honestly didn’t think she’d have custom but uh...that’s her thing I guess. And hey he doesn’t seem to be bothered by it so ...it’s ok I guess? “ her tone clearly not caring about the avatar.

“ I was wondering if we could all play it today?” Tari offered then her eyes widened as she saw some cool airships and some special attacks Belle’s avatar did. “ woahhhhhhh.....”

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:06 pm

Sheridan listened a bit closer.

Oh boy, Skye's not going to like that...

Skye stood up and looked at Tari with a furrowed brow. "Yeah, but... haven't other Meta Runners played the game before? Why her?"

"She's the first one I saw," Theo shrugged.

"Uh-huh." Skye cleaned off the brush; she'd finished brushing Bear.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:22 pm

Tari sighed, for once a bit annoyed, didn’t Skye know she was Demisexual? She kept that in mind right? She picked up on that tone.

“ Some people are faster to games then others. She seems to be really popular so of course she’d get to it. “ Tari explained as she went back to cooking.

“ Also love, can we talk after breakfast? Just you and me?..” she asked, she felt a bit braver knowing that Sheridan was there. And the added annoyance added to her confidence boost. “ by the way foods done guys “ she announced.

Bear swished his tail at Skye and nipped her arm gently as if to say thank you. He liked the brush.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:55 pm

Skye jerked her hand away when Bear nibbled her arm.

"Y-yeah, sure. Of course," she nodded, putting the brush away. "Sorry."

Theo paused the stream and dashed over to the breakfast table, jumping into his seat and grinning up at Tari.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next