The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arcane lol- RP

2 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Arcane lol- RP  - Page 39 Empty Arcane lol- RP

Post by Checkmate Sun May 15, 2022 6:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

( e )

“ that is up to you. It would be easier to be in the academy so you wouldn’t have to travel far. And not to mention cheaper, But in general we leave that up to our students. “ Viktor answered with a nod.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Arcane lol- RP  - Page 39 Empty Re: Arcane lol- RP

Post by Checkmate Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:02 pm

“ I’d love to help, if somebody needs a beating I’m the gal to call “ Jinx remarked with a mischievous grin as she pulled away. Already feeling a ton better.

Then she raised her brow and crossed her arms.

“ maybe, what is it?” She asked.

He said not nearly, BUT IT CAN BE EHEHEHE

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:14 pm

"It's more of a mental challenge than a physical one. I'm sure you've seen chess played before," Silco explained, adjusting the collar of his coat.

b]"I doubt you'll enjoy it. But I think it'll teach you a thing or two about patience and strategic thinking."[/b]

*shy bluejay energy activate*

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:19 pm

Jinx scoffed and slouched over, face full of disappointment.

“ aww man...and no I’ve not seen it. And now I know why. “ she complained. Then she snorted

“ hey I know a lot of patience and strategy!” Jinx grumbled and crossed her arms again.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:44 pm

(smol posts eef)

"Good. Then you'll be an excellent opponent," Silco reassured her. "After you."

He gestured to the exit.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:50 pm

( all good ^^ )

Jinx huffed at him and left.

( smol skip )

Jinx had made it back to Silcos office and plopped herself on a chair that she had pulled up to the desk only to lean half her body on it. Propping her head up with her left hand, a patient and mildly annoyed expression on her face.

“ Alright, let’s get this boring ass game started already “ she sighed heavily.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:54 pm

(OPTIONAL LORE MOMENT INCOMING-)

Silco arranged the pieces on the board and took a seat himself, lacing his hands together on the table.

"Which color would you like to be?" he offered. "Black or white?"

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:59 pm

( OOH EHE, LORE)

Jinx raised her brow at that question and stared at the two colors, for some reason it took her a long time to choose. She squinted at them, as if trying to figure out which one would get her to victory faster.

She grabbed a White chess piece finally and smirked as she held it up upside down.

White” Jinx grinned.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:15 pm

(not me hearing markiplier/matpat screaming that like
llloooOOORRREE)

Silco nodded in response and rotated the board to accommodate that.

"Alright. Then you will make the first move," he reminded her. "Pawns can only move one space at a time, unless they haven't been moved from the starting line. Then they move two spaces forward. They can only go diagonally when there's a piece within range of capture. Rooks move on an x and y axis, Queens can move pretty much wherever they like, Kings are much like Pawns but have far fewer options. Knights move in L shapes, both forward and backward."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:24 pm

( E. And YEAH LORES AWESOME....wait a damn minute ROOK-)

Jinx made a face of confusion as she listened to him. But eventually, she thought she got it.

“ errrr....ok. “ she sat down her piece and took a moment to think on her first move.

Queens and kings are important then...then I’ll save my Queen the best I can. Kings are like pawns, but less options..they’re kinda useless. she looked at her Rook piece and squinted as she tilted her head.

Pawns are also useless...only two spaces.

She grabbed her Rook chess piece and moved three spaces ahead on the X axes ahead. Setting it down in a somewhat elegant fashion.

Funny.....reminds me of...her

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:37 pm

(E
also not sure if we should play the whole round out lol it might drag on-)

Silco thought for a moment, then moved a pawn forward a space, facing the rook Jinx had played.

He planned to use the pawn as bait to bring the rook into position-- for another pawn to capture it.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:42 pm

( can do a few posts then skip the end of the game? .,. )

Jinx watched his move, her chin resting on her hands as she tilted her head again. Then she remembered something he said about pawns.

Wait-until within range of capture!

She eyed her other pieces.

no..he can take the queen if I do that..he can take the queen if I move her at all. ....and I won’t allow it. Soooo....

She took a Knight chess piece and moved it a few spaces forward it was a ways a way from the Rook, but not that far.

There.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:10 pm

(e sure!)
(silco: your move
jinx: * eats one of the pieces *
silco: O.o)

Silco blinked and thought for a moment. He didn't necessarily want to win, but he did want to give Jinx a challenge.

He didn't move the pawn just in case she was aiming to attack it with the knight, but either way, the pawn was definitely in trouble. Either way, he'd get a knight or a rook if he played it right.

So he moved a pawn on the other side of the board as a distraction.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:20 pm

( PFFFFFT )

Jinx grinned in a bit of triumph at the other pawn, an easy win! She was about to move the Rook but stopped.

He’s tricking me...it’s all too easy. Not today old man

She started to view her chess pieces as well-people. The Knight she viewed as Vi and Caitlyn, the Rook obviously Eta, and the pawns were Silco’s goons. She didn’t like where this was heading....at all.

She bared her teeth in irritation. She took another Knight-Caitlyn and placed it on the opposite of her Rook, as if they were protecting it side to side.

Then her eyes widened.

WAIT NO-THAT COULD BE THE WRONG MOVE

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:42 pm

(my sister has two friends (that are sisters-) they remind me
a lot of luce and sof
because the older sister is very quiet and chill and thoughtful
and the younger sister is an absolute goblincore gremlin but is also a ball of sunshine lmao-
anyway they made a video where the older sister goes "your move" as they're playing checkers
and the younger sister just bends down and eAts the heckin checker in one move-)

Silco analyzed the board and the pieces in play, taking a moment to think of a move.

He noticed the anger on her face and wondered if she was struggling.

"Everything alright?"

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:49 pm

( LMAO )

Jinx glared at him, getting defensive and crossed her arms.

“ I’m not letting you know my thoughts, not in ‘battle’ “ she huffed. “ so yes, everythings fine “ she said sharply.

Cmon make your move already..

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:26 am

( ye lol
is jinx's rook diagonal from the pawn or no i can't remember-
chess is so hard for me to play irl dude lol)

Silco blinked again, going silent.

He scanned the board and debated what he should do next. He sort of wanted to win, and yet he wanted to let Jinx win; it was a bit of a mental struggle.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:52 am

( same tbh, and diagonal. It’s kinda hard to visualize ngl lmao )

Jinx sighed and looked out the big stain glass window behind them. Her patience wearing thin..and quite fast.

Cmonnnn....hurry up. I could really go for some explosions right now..

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:24 pm

( aight he shall nab le piece )

Silco decided to risk it and took the rook with his pawn, setting the white piece on his side of the board.

First capture of the game; now to see how Jinx would react to that. He feared she'd be quite angry.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:37 pm

( E )
( also headcanon is that Jinx is very competitive in games ehe )

Jinx was wide eyed and slammed both her hands on the table as she abruptly stood up.

NO

DAMMIT. I KNEW IT WAS WRONG, REDO ” she demanded. Silco was right, she was quite angry.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:05 pm

(YE same-
ekko: hey wanna play soccer??
claggor: i wouldnt ask powder if i were you
ekko: why not
claggor: she punched mylo in the nose when he scored a goal on her
ekko: oh i'll ask vi then
claggor: vi would just punch harder man, don't try it-)

"Jinx--" Silco scolded, standing up to make eye contact with her. "It's part of the game. You take some, you lose some. It happens. It's not the end of the world. In fact, sometimes you need to sacrifice other pieces to gain an advantage. That was my entire strategy just now."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:17 pm

( YES LOL )

Jinx glared right back at him. Stubbornness clear as day as one of her hands turned into a fist and bared her teeth.

“ how about I don’t loose any and take all and win! UGH,Strategies suck, you see this is why I use bombs!! I win and everyone else looses, besides it’s faster!” She shouted and glared back at the chess board.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:06 pm

"Jinx, there is more to winning a war than total destruction and annihalation. One needs to make sacrifices every now and then for the greater good. Remember how I had to let the weaker man die?"

He gestured to the rook. "War is not so different, you know. There are many battles we face. Some we win, others we lose. Sometimes we don't even know if we've won or lost. But that's just the way things are, Jinx."

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:18 pm

Jinx kept her glare for the first half but it softened after a while as she listened. She hated it...but she understood finally.

She let it run over in her mind as she stared at the rook piece and nodded after a long while.

I understand...but I’m still gonna win” she huffed with a mischievous grin as she looked back at him.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:23 pm

"You will, you will. You still have a chance," Silco reassured her, sitting back down. "Now then. It's your move."

He interlaced his fingers and rested his hands on the table.

Skye
Skye
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:34 pm

( smol skip after a few?)

Jinx sat back down at that and stared at the board. She’s still holding on to her queen that plan never faltered.

She shrugged and moved a Pawn forward two spaces. It was the only idea she had at the moment,

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next