The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soaring Skies RP [ PRIVATE]

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Soaring Skies RP [ PRIVATE]  Empty Soaring Skies RP [ PRIVATE]

Post by Checkmate Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:24 pm

Welcome to the world of Etheria.

The world where wings are superior, and flying tops them all. In order to get to each floating island, you have to fly.

Are you brave enough to leave the nest baby bird?

{World rules}

* if you kill a Sky whale, it’s treason and illegal, you’ll get your wings chopped off which can ever grow back unless you redeem yourself. Sky whales are symbols of peace. They are protected.

* if you loose your wings you are casted down to the human world below, chance of survival is unlikely. But if you do, you are seen as a traitor.

* when it rains and it thunderstorms, the clouds are solid enough to walk on to get from each island, but on a normal day. You need your wings.

* most importantly, do not talk to humans.

Dictionary -

Payale: main island of Sky kingdom. Where all the citizens roam.

The Wingless: traitors who have killed Sky whales or other, their wings have been chopped off.

Hyper ass Canary energy activate
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Soaring Skies RP [ PRIVATE]  Empty Re: Soaring Skies RP [ PRIVATE]

Post by Checkmate Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:30 pm

@soapster

Aella was standing on the edge of one of the outer islands, her gaze towards the morning sky. Her green and brown eyes wide with a soft smile as she watched the hypnotizing beauty. Her Bluejay wings were out and dragged on the ground.

She took a deep breath and stretched her arms, her wings rising as she did and stretching along with them. Grunting softly as her back stretched and popped.

I love it up here...no annoying brothers or crows..just...me.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:00 pm

@Checkmate

Vincent laid himself up against the rock, his chest and leg armor somewhat giving off a rattling noise. Dull sounding almost, as deep gouges paint across his left chestpiece. He doesnt mind, although. hes been through worse. Way worse. He looks out into the cloudy abyss, relaxing, and fiddling his little star bead necklace.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:09 pm

@Soapster

( POOR BEBE )

Aella caught the faint sound and her curiosity got the better of her, she turned around to find the source of the noise. Only to spot the very disheveled and messy man. Her eyes widened with dread and unease, a vulture.

The stories shes heard of Vultures from her parents were horrifying. Her throat tightened and she backed away from him. Her left wing rising as she tried to shield herself from his view.

However...she couldn’t help but feel...concerned and sad for him as she saw the gash on his armor.

Poor guy... she thought as her timid green eye poked out from the shielding of her wing.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:13 pm

@Checkmate

The vultures wings were hidden at this time. He turns his face in her direction catching wind of her. Three long scars run across his entire face, two of which caught his left eye, causing it to fade to gray and his left eyebrow split into three segments.

He knew he was being watched, he is on high alert at the time, his amber and faded eyes jolting about.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:25 pm

@Soapster

YIPE- NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE-HE SAW ME

The scars on Vincent’s face and his faded eyes scared the shit outta her. Aella s’ heart rate picked up drastically. Anxiety and dread were high. The shivering bluejay crouched spread her wings full length, only to lift up into the air and take flight and soar into a tall neighboring tree.

Landing in its branches and taking shelter. Her wings having shrunk back into her back and for her to lean against the tree trunk and hold her knees to her chest.

The scar and dead eye would forever haunt her.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:30 pm

@Checkmate

(EEEEEHEHEHEHEHHEHE BLUEJAY GO WHEEE)

Vincent watched as the Bluejay took off into the tree. He was unable to see her anymore, but he knows shes up there.

He slowly gets up, and walks in a different direction. he only flies when he has to. His wings are hurting. He travels in an opposite direction towards civilization. Hes hungry, and will eat literally anything hell get his hands on. After all, he is a vulture.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:36 pm

@soapster

( EHEHE PHWEEE )
( wait so is vinny boi a cannibal then-)

Aellas curiosity grew too much, she poked her head through the leaves and watched him walk off. Her head tilted to the side.

He looks rather chubby for a vulture..I wonder what those scars were from. ...wait

Are those..

Her eyes squinted as she saw the hair braids only for her eyes to widen.

HAIR BRAIDS?!.....thats...that’s not what a normal vulture would do.

Heh. Kinda cute-wonder where he got them-nope! Nope nope you stay out of his way, remember what mom and dad told you?!

Aella closed her eyes and shrunk back into the tree.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:43 pm

@Checkmate

(I mean he wouldnt be opposed to it but it wouldnt be his first choice JDHCUSJZKZO)
(WHEEEEZE H A I R B R A I D. S)

He walks down the street of Etherias city, getting weird and crazy looks from other people. He doesnt think much of it, although. He finds a nearby bar/restaurant area and walks in and sits down at one of the hightops next to the bartable.

The bartender walks over to him on the other side of the table, an estranged look on her face: “What can i get for you?..”

“you got steak?”

She looks a little puzzled: “Why yes we do.. How would you like it cooked?”

He looks at her: “rare”

She nods her head quickly: “right. thatll be out in a second..” she does a mixture of a casual walk-run away from him.

His scars seem terrifying to everyone, or almost everyone. His mother always thought they were quite charming, but every mother thinks that of their son, so, does it really count? Hell never know. He waits.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:51 pm

@soapster

( EHEH NOTED AND PFFT YE.

AND AWWWW POOR BEBE BOI )

Aella had eventually flown back home to Etherias city once she deemed it safe. The wind brushing against her wings as she soared down into the town square and landed gracefully. Her right leg touching the ground before everything else did. Her wings flapped once before they shrunk inward again.

She sighed and started heading home, trying to ignore that creepy face as she placed her hands in her pockets. There weren’t very many Bluejays anymore...mainly cuz they were hunted for their royal blue color, but they put out a law that stated no hunting of Bluejays or of any of your fellow bird kind.

For all she knew, she and her family were the only ones left.

Aella walked on home and tried to steer clear of Vincent.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:04 pm

@Checkmate

EEEE)

Vincents steak came within half an hour, yet he devoured it within almost five minutes. He pays the bill, and attempts to get up but three men surround him; they are all eagles. Not strong eagles, but the eagles were the rival of the vultures. One of them spoke up:

“we dont like you nasty lookin freaks in our part o’ town, vulture”

The others agreed with him behind him. The one in the middle held a pocketknife.

Vincent spoke up, his voice scottish, yet deep and rumbly: “fellas.. i aint here to cause trouble-“ He was cut off.

The man in front was impatient and lunged forward, pocketknife in hand attempting to stab Vincent, but in a flash he grabbed his hand before the blade could sink into his flesh. The eagle with the knife stopped, and looked at Vincent. It all seemed to happen so quickly. The vultures wings extended out of his back and very very slowly spread out.

His wings were absolutly massive, knocking over glasses and chairs as they extended. They were missing feathers and were very ragged and torn. They were all a pale brownish greenish colorAs they spread, a somewhat of a cracking sound was heard in his wings. they were in rough shape, but they still worked.

All three eagles were stunned and unable to speak. The two in the back ran off, and everyone in the bar was silent as the eagle who was left struggled to escape the vultures grasp. Vincent looked at the silent crowd for a bit, then shrugged the eagles arm off. The eagle instantly fleeing the building. Vincent stopped for a few seconds before slowly retracting his wings, and leaving the premisis. His wings definitly hurt after that.
soapster
soapster

Checkmate liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:51 am

@soapster

( BEBE BOI Y E S S S )

Aella heard and saw the commotion, she wasn’t too far from the bar, she saw the eagles leaving and stood amongst the shocked crowd. Wondering what could’ve happened.

That is until a rather loud yell was heard “ GET OUT OF THE WAY-“ it warned, it was Icarus, he was pummeling straight towards Aella and he had no chance in stopping. He wasn’t a great flier but he could get to where he needed to go.

Aella went wide eyed only to be crashed into mid scream, Icarus’s body toppling her backward as he used her to cushion his fall. His Bluejay wings a bit crooked as they shrunk back into his back.

Aella grunted and glared as she looked at him “ thanks for the warning idiot!” She hissed, her back hurt now.

Icarus who was laying on top of her grunted and rubbed his head “ I said get out of the way didn’t I? You’re the idiot for not heeding my warnings!” He argued.

Aella groaned and rolled her eyes and laid her head back down.

Brothers..

Last edited by Checkmate on Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:48 am

@Checkmate

PFFFFFF)

Vincent had seen the commotion outside the bar when he was leaving. He looks the other way and walks in the opposite direction. He wants no part of this.

He knows people will be onto him. After all they all saw his face. But it was either that or getting sliced up by a bunch of eagles, and by god he wasnt about to let that happen.

He starts away from the commotion and to the edge of the island.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:05 am

@soapster

The siblings had managed to get up, Aella had brushed off her yellow turtleneck and Icarus had straightened out his hair a bit.

Icarus after doing so glared at Aella and shoved her to the side, causing the other to grunt and glare back. Icarus however just stuck his tongue out and put the L shape with his fingers above his head.

Aella sighed and rolled her eyes, but as she did she caught Vincent out of the corner of her eye and froze. She knew him anywhere, he stuck out like a sore thumb to her.

Her pupils shrunk in fear as she froze into place.

“ hey! I’m talking to you-“ Icarus huffed only to cross his arms and follow the direction she was looking at.

A vulture! his green eyes widened.

“ get outta here you un-proportionate creep!” Icarus yelled at the top of his lung at Vincent.

Aella stiffened OH GOD NO DONT TAUNT HIM-

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:08 am

@Checkmate

Vincent stopped in his tracks, and slowly turned his head to stare at him. Next followed the vulteres movement, as he started his way in their direction until he was close enough to be heard normally, his voice deepend:

“excuse me?..”
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:42 pm

Aella’s blood ran cold and her eyes widened more. She was frozen in place.

IM GONNA KILL YOU ICARUS-

Icarus Wasnt intimidated he just sneered.

Did I stutter beard boy?” Icarus scoffed and puffed his chest out. Though he couldn’t help but wonder about the scars.

“ Nobody wants ya here “ he added with a glare.

Aella gulped “ I I’m not with him-“ she pointed at her brother. “ I completely d-disown him”

“ HEY-“ Icarus growled as he glared at her.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:45 pm

@Checkmate

Vincent walks closer to Icarus, maybe around a foot or two away from him, and stares him in the eyes.

“watch your mouth, boy”

He looks at Aella for a second, then back to Icarus. He knows shes not a threat, but the other bluejay? He sneers at him.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:17 pm

@soapster

Icarus went a bit wide eyed, those dead eyes starring back at him disturbed him quite a bit but he scoffed and lifted his chin.

“ I don’t think so, creep, what are ya gonna do? Sit on me?” He sneered again, his eyes challenging the man.

Aella just remained frozen in a panicked state. The face scars causing her flight sense to activate.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:23 pm

@Checkmate

The vultures wings extend out of his back yet again very slowly, the huge torn up wings making those small cracking sounds as they spread out again. Vincent walked a step closer, hes about a whole head taller that him.

“im not above ripping apart a bluejay and having it for dinner, boy, so I suggest you think very wisely on your next words..”

soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:53 pm

@soapster

( Y E S S S I LOVE HIM )

Icarus tilted his head up to meet his gaze and went wide eyed, the wing cracking disturbed him quite the deal. Anxiety was starting to swell in his stomach and his throat closed up once he spoke. He felt small....he despised it.

Aella went wide eyed at how tall the vulture was, her heart rate was pounding. Her eyes were as wide as can be.

NO-

She shoved her way in between them and looked up at the Vulture. Fear clear as day as she forced a shy smile.

I a-am sooooo sorry for him. He’s stupid, he’s fallen so many times from flying it dented his b-brain heh-“ Aella stuttered and raised her fist up to Icarus’s head and bonked it.

“ OW WHAT THE-“ Icarus yelled and placed a hand on his head.

“ heh see?! N-no body home-“ Aella said as she tried to be brave, but her shivering body said otherwise.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:05 pm

@Checkmate

EEEEEEEEEEE AND BHAHAHAHA GET EM AELLA)

Vincent shifted his gaze to Aella, and he stared for a few seconds.

He could see her shivering, afraid, but still standing up for her brother. For her family. He admired that about her, and gave a small snicker at her remark, but his demeanor never changed. His wings retract into his back, and he gives Icarus another glare before turning around and walking off.

He walks a good distance away to the edge of the island where he sits down again, takes off his starbead necklace and just looks at it, holding it as carefully as one would with an egg.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:32 am

@soapster

( ASRDFTTGYG )

The two siblings watched the vulture walk off.

Aella sighed in relief once he was gone, but her fear never left.

Icarus glared “ why the hell did you apologize? He’s a creep “ he hissed to her.

Aella glared back and bashed him on the head again but harder this time.

“ because you could’ve gotten killed idiot, and besides, threat or not it’s not nice to bully. Or taunt you could’ve killed us both!” Aella hissed/growled.

Icarus yelled in more pain and covered his head.

“ no you’re the idiot! He’s a vulture! Vulture’s are dangerous” he hissed/scoffed. “ errgh, you’re worthless. If you don’t stand up for yourself you’re bound to get killed....”

Aella frowned “ I still stand by what I said “

Icarus stared at her before scoffing and summoning his wings “ I don’t see why you were even born, you’re nothing but a coward who can’t stand up for herself or anyone. Taking the vultures side of things, I’m outta here. Why don’t you go get yourself killed while at it “ he spat and flew off home.

Aella’s eyes widened in heart break as she saw him leave, practically leaving her for dead. Her eyes watered up only to hang her head.

I Cant believe he said that..

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:43 am

@Checkmate

ICARUS- JDHCJDJSJSKJDDN)

Vincent was too far away to hear any of the commotion. He just sits on the edge of Etheria, his legs dangling over the side.

He stares at the necklace. The faint voice in the back of his head he still remembers, she was screaming bloody murder,
“DADDY HELP! PLEASE”-
in agony as she was being burned alive in that bonfire. Grabbing her out of it her skin looked like the copper of a penny: Burnt and brown. He winced at the memory.

The burn scar on his arm, he scratched it, and it hurt. He needed to hurt. He didnt want to remember, but he also didnt want to forget. He wasnt able to save her. His little Ariel. She died in his arms, coughing smoke. His wife was a warrior, she died fighting and died honorably at least. But little Ariel.. she never deserved this, she was innocent.

He gripped that necklace tight and hangs his head down in pain, a single tear falls from his eye, his voice a little shakey:

“when I find the man who did this to you.. i promise i will make him pay.. for you, my sunshine..”

He kissed the charm on the necklace and clips it back on around his neck. His gaze shifts out into the open cloudy abyss, a pair of sky whales dancing in the distance.
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:15 pm

( BABY BOI NOO OH MY GOD-Also you don’t have to mention me I just remembered! I watch this topic so I’ll get your notif either way ^^ it might be the same for you )

Aella stood there for a bit longer, she didn’t want to go back home. She wanted Eris.....at least she could go to the raven, she understood and was willing to listen. She didn’t wanna see Faustus right now. He was probably off stealing food or something.

She also wanted to apologize to Vincent but was too scared to, she allowed that fear to control her for now. Sighing, she summoned her wings and was about to take off.

“ there you are, I had a feeling you were in trouble...my guts right again. “ a deep yet feminine voice said.

Aella perked her head up and looked over her shoulder, her brows furrowing as her eyes watered, a small smile was seen.

Eris ” she choked out as a tear or two fell.

Eris furrowed her brow and tensed her muscles, something wasn’t right..the black haired raven darted over only to bring Aella into a warm embrace. The other returning the hug and choked out a cry.

Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by soapster Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:27 pm

@Checkmate

EEEEEEE AND OKI. I PROLLY STILL WILL AIXHDJSKDJ)

Vincent sits for a few more minutes before getting back up. He takes a second before turning and walking away from the edge. He walks not too far away, to a rocky spot . A peninsula of rock hanging off of the island, tall rocks building upwards, it was huge. The rocks acting as a perch almost at the top as it built up, and there was a small opening in the rocks, creating a sort of shelter of stone.

The vultures wings extend again and he flies himself to the too of the rocks before laying on his back, letting his wings hang over the edge to stretch them out and to relax. His wings have been through alot
soapster
soapster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next